Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
o4x4

President's Day 2021

20 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

204
[WOLF2]
[WOLF2]
Members
644 posts
30,508 battles

Decided to get me a gift, what else would be better than CV-42 as she was the first aircraft carrier of the United States Navy to be named in honor of a President of the United States.   

shot-21_02.15_10_26.37-0906.thumb.jpg.ad88ad4bb5cb4e534cef042bed9e1d06.jpg

  • Cool 11
  • Funny 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22,302
[ARGSY]
Members
28,919 posts
24,980 battles

Plenty of other reasons to like the number 42: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/42_(number) 

Let us know how you get on with her. Some reports suggest a lack of versatility against destroyers when acting unassisted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16,520
[PVE]
Members
16,519 posts
35,781 battles
44 minutes ago, o4x4 said:

Decided to get me a gift, what else would be better than CV-42 as she was the first aircraft carrier of the United States Navy to be named in honor of a President of the United States.   

shot-21_02.15_10_26.37-0906.thumb.jpg.ad88ad4bb5cb4e534cef042bed9e1d06.jpg

Congrat's OP. I am less than 500 Steel from it myself.

And shame on the person that downvoted you. This CV hate (those who play them) and the irrational behavior of some people is just stupid.

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 3
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,815
Members
2,496 posts
30 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

And shame on the person that downvoted you. This CV hate (those who play them) and the irrational behavior of some people is just stupid.

So the only votes should be up-votes?

Is not the "stupid" position that CVs are like a rock in a shoe to this game actually a bone-fide position that's been substantiated time and again by both CC's and plebs alike?

  • Cool 3
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22,302
[ARGSY]
Members
28,919 posts
24,980 battles
6 minutes ago, theLaalaa said:

So the only votes should be up-votes?

Just because someone doesn't like carriers isn't a reason to go take a dump on the floor of anyone who makes a thread saying good things about them - especially since the thread title didn't even talk about carriers.

If you're that bitter, maybe you need to reconsider your life priorities.

You want to rag on carriers, fine - make your own thread, own the title, own the subject, and speak from your own soapbox. But don't shelter your anti-CV hysteria under somebody else's umbrella.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu
  • Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,815
Members
2,496 posts
2 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Just because someone doesn't like carriers isn't a reason to go take a dump on the floor of anyone who makes a thread saying good things about them - especially since the thread title didn't even talk about carriers.

So, in fact, you believe the only votes should be up-votes. Nice.

2 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

If you're that bitter, maybe you need to reconsider your life priorities.

I'm not bitter. I only asked a couple of probing questions. And look who jumped to conclusions.

4 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

You want to rag on carriers, fine - make your own thread, own the title, own the subject, and speak from your own soapbox. But don't shelter your anti-CV hysteria under somebody else's umbrella.

By the way, it wasn't me that down-voted. That said, I didn't "rag on carriers" and, interestingly enough, neither did the actual down-voter. And the only hysteria I find is in your responses to my questions. Ironic, isn't it?

  • Cool 3
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22,302
[ARGSY]
Members
28,919 posts
24,980 battles
4 minutes ago, theLaalaa said:

So, in fact, you believe the only votes should be up-votes. Nice.

I'm not bitter. I only asked a couple of probing questions. And look who jumped to conclusions.

By the way, it wasn't me that down-voted. That said, I didn't "rag on carriers" and, interestingly enough, neither did the actual down-voter. And the only hysteria I find is in your responses to my questions. Ironic, isn't it?

The word "You" can be either singular or plural in English, and the choice depends on context. I was speaking to a general audience, but since you actually gave us your negative opinion on carriers (and stooped to the level of "appeal to authority" in order to do it), the shoe would seem to fit your particular foot.

  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16,520
[PVE]
Members
16,519 posts
35,781 battles
1 hour ago, theLaalaa said:

So the only votes should be up-votes?

Is not the "stupid" position that CVs are like a rock in a shoe to this game actually a bone-fide position that's been substantiated time and again by both CC's and plebs alike?

No, shame on them because they don't like CV's having to take a dump on the OP who was excited for his new ship.

If you don't like CV's fine but it IS stupid to hold that against other players and downvoting someone who is posting with joy for a new ship is just infantile.

People act like little spoiled babies when it comes to CV's in this game. It is lame. :Smile_child:

  • Cool 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,815
Members
2,496 posts
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

The word "You" can be either singular or plural in English, and the choice depends on context. I was speaking to a general audience, but since you actually gave us your negative opinion on carriers (and stooped to the level of "appeal to authority" in order to do it), the shoe would seem to fit your particular foot.

Nice try, but so many "you's" were used that I recongnized it's use as directed toward me.

Also, the "appeal to authority" snipe is not a "stoop" if, indeed, the authority (in this case, those intimately acquainted with the game play over time and thus with a highly informed, long term view of CV's affect on it) relates informed insights. (here's some help on that: https://www.thoughtco.com/logical-fallacies-appeal-to-authority-250336)

15 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

No, shame on them because they don't like CV's having to take a dump on the OP who was excited for his new ship.

If you don't like CV's fine but it IS stupid to hold that against other players and downvoting someone who is posting with joy for a new ship is just infantile.

People act like little spoiled babies when it comes to CV's in this game. It is lame. :Smile_child:

You know, that quiet, benign little down-vote would have likely been soon forgotten if not for someone taking it upon themselves to pontificate shame upon it.

The OP expressed his happiness to get a CV. The other up-voters expressed their happiness at the OP getting a CV. The down-voter expressed his unhappiness at another player choosing to get a CV.

  • Boring 2
  • Meh 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16,520
[PVE]
Members
16,519 posts
35,781 battles
3 minutes ago, theLaalaa said:

Nice try, but so many "you's" were used that I recongnized it's use as directed toward me.

Also, the "appeal to authority" snipe is not a "stoop" if, indeed, the authority (in this case, those intimately acquainted with the game play over time and thus with a highly informed, long term view of CV's affect on it) relates informed insights. (here's some help on that: https://www.thoughtco.com/logical-fallacies-appeal-to-authority-250336)

You know, that quiet, benign little down-vote would have likely been soon forgotten if not for someone taking it upon themselves to pontificate shame upon it.

The OP expressed his happiness to get a CV. The other up-voters expressed their happiness at the OP getting a CV. The down-voter expressed his unhappiness at another player choosing to get a CV.

Lame

  • Boring 2
  • Meh 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,676
[WPORT]
Members
16,007 posts
19,620 battles
5 hours ago, o4x4 said:

Decided to get me a gift, what else would be better than CV-42 as she was the first aircraft carrier of the United States Navy to be named in honor of a President of the United States.   

shot-21_02.15_10_26.37-0906.thumb.jpg.ad88ad4bb5cb4e534cef042bed9e1d06.jpg

Congratulations.  Hope you have many enjoyable games and make a lot of good memories.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
552
[-AF-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,192 posts
14,676 battles
11 hours ago, megahugenoob said:

 

Do you really believe the nonsense you put here?  CVs are part of the game, one class of the four currently available.   Some players want the full game experience rather than not play one class because some other players do not approve.

Personally I'm going to say congrats to the OP.  Seems happy to gain a ship using a hard to come by commodity and that's what counts in my book.

  • Cool 2
  • Meh 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22,302
[ARGSY]
Members
28,919 posts
24,980 battles
16 hours ago, theLaalaa said:

those intimately acquainted with the game play over time and thus with a highly informed, long term view of CV's affect on it

But still not necessarily right. And if perchance they are a hardcore DD player, they automatically have a vested interest. Did they declare it? Or did they just unconsciously hang their bias out in the breeze for the perceptive to notice? :Smile_trollface:

You and megahugenoob are behaving like the sort of person who, upon seeing pink balloons strung up outside someone else's house, storms in to scream at the birthday child about how much he hates Barbie dolls.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,126
[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
1,881 posts
21,610 battles

I sense this thread degrading into another pro or anti carrier thread. So before that happens I wish the OP well with his new ship. While the ship seems a tad overpowered, as I have quit playing higher tiers for the foreseeable future I will likely never see one again. I should mention that the wall of torpedoes that thing launches is somewhat ridiculous though. Still, blame the developers and not the player and so forth. 

Fair seas. 

Image result for tora tora tora gif

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,880
[-BCO-]
Members
3,981 posts
8,591 battles
2 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

You and megahugenoob are behaving like the sort of person who, upon seeing pink balloons strung up outside someone else's house, storms in to scream at the birthday child about how much he hates Barbie dolls.

Well...Barbie dolls are one thing, but Chuckie .....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51
[SCK]
Members
199 posts
25,360 battles

Haters gonna hate and taters gonna tate. It's unreal how much hate I get when I bring out the FDR. I actually disabled the majority of the game chat because of how toxic it has become. Not just for Cv players, but in general. It's just 10 fold when you bring out the FDR. 

One thing people need to realize is by playing each ship, you learn their strengths and weaknesses. So now I have a better understanding of how to defend myself vs FDR and MvR, instead of constantly crying about how life is unfair or how this game sucks and its all CVs and Trumps fault. 

  • Cool 1
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×