You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
MeSSeD_Up

Get Rid of the 2 Tier match-ups

30 comments in this topic

[-GQ-]
Members
6 posts
14,264 battles

I've been playing WOW for about 4 years now and generally love the game most days, But the most frustrating thing for me and its caused me to walk away several times is this stupid 2 tier match-up. Sometimes I'd just like to take out a good tier 6 or 7 BB or cruiser because I have some favorites I do good at, however when I choose a good Tier 6 I want to play against other tier 6 ships, I didn't choose that ship to go against a Tier 8  BB's which usually gets me killed within the first 5 mins of the game if I try to engage. or I can play Hide and seek which is a real bore the worst line-ups have to be tier 5 against tier 7, you have no chance in hell to survive long, or tier 6 against 8  or tier 7 against 9, What are you thinking WOW, I've seen the price of consumables gradually go up, I've seen the crate options get worse (when I choose a daily Flag crate I don't expect credits and coal, I expect flags that what I choose, if I want coal or credits i'll choose those crates) Now the captain skills have been changed and its not working out so much for us because it cost way to much to get 2 extra points for a 21 point captain and the skills are different on each category of ships (example cant adjust torpedo speed on BB's no superintendent on BB's its now change to a different name),  to many options to choose I don't even play CV's any more because the skills are so overwhelming and confusing, or could take a year to get  2 extra points for 1 ship, this game has gotten so bad over the past year or 2 that playing it is not fun anymore, its more frustrating than ever before, you should compensate me for all the mice I've slammed down because of the stupid game play, anyway getting back to my main point,            GET RIDE OF THE 2 Tier Match-ups,      1 tier match-ups would make playing lower tier ships somewhat enjoyable again, at least it would be a little more realistic and people wouldn't try to sacrifice a months pay just to purchase a tier 9 or 10 ship just so that they wouldn't have to play 2 tier match-ups. you've made so many changes to this great game and really made it more difficult to enjoy, try to do something for the gamer's for once not just for your choices which have been sucking a lot lately.

• Cool 4
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 3

Members
1,918 posts
27,804 battles

With the loss of tier 1 (which WG destroyed - another whole post), the new best tier for me is 9. You're never double-down-tiered, your often all-9's, and sometimes you're top tier. If you play a boat with the bonus camo (-20% cost / +100% XP) of which I have several (premiums and tech trees with perma-camo) you'll seldom if ever lose credits (even in co-op!).

If you have any of my beloved Myoko's (T7), just play'em like Ben Franklin on a stormy night - kite, kite, kite.

If you have any fun Omahas (T5), just play'em like Fred Astaire on a tile floor - dance, dance, dance.

Edited by theLaalaa
  • Cool 2

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
3,473 posts
13,117 battles

This is not World of Tanks, where if you're 2 tiers down and not firing gold, you're helpless, and your armor might as well not be there.

Most ships handle being up tiered just fine. Most DD's, the faster battleships, and most cruisers don't care. Some of the lower tier DD's are actually better than the higher tier ones (similar speed, almost the same guns, torps do a little less damage, and they have better concealment) Myoko, the tier 7 IJN cruiser, really doesn't care about getting stuck in a tier 9 match, as the Tier 9 Ibuki is almost the same ship. Many of the Russian cruisers are interchangeable as well.

For the slower battleships, it's not as much the tier as the map size. Higher tier matches are usually on the larger maps, and players can't/refuse to adapt to the lack of speed. (Slow BB's must be proactive, pick somewhere important and go there. Sitting back and seeing what the other team is doing means they don't have the time to react, and are therefor worthless.)

For the CV's, it's all based on the AA, or lack there of. Ships with good AA are more common as tier goes up, and AA scales up faster than the combination of plane health and speed. It's all a matter of knowing what the no fly zones are, and when they will be vulnerable (how much HE they've eaten). You'll also spend more time scouting and spotting early on that attacking if you're a bottom tier CV, in part to find the ships that you can effectively attack, and also so your team mates can spray the ones you can't with HE and make them more attackable.

As far as new skills v/s old skills, they really don't matter much. People have broken down the changes and analyzed them to death on these forums. If you're that curious, you can find out about just about every skill by poking around here. None of the actual mechanics have changed, so a good understanding per-skill rework translates to a little homework to get up to speed on the new skills. The easy answer is avoid skills with strings attached, the drawbacks so far almost always more than offset any benefit the skill brings, and you're paying points for this.

As far as being forced to buy premiums, just no. Tech tree ships can be just as good and many of them are actually better. Also, if you're careful, you can get some of them either free, or at least cheaply, by watching events, coupons and sales. When WG runs a dockyard event (or any other similar event) ready the rules like you're a lawyer, and do the math for yourself like an accountant. See what you have to do and how much it will cost you, and decide if it's worth the work and cost before you start.  Even the Puerto Rico wasn't that bad or expensive to get, if one actually did the math at the start and frontloaded what they were willing to buy.

• Cool 3

[SALVO]
Members
26,139 posts
29,178 battles
2 hours ago, MeSSeD_Up said:

I've been playing WOW for about 4 years now and generally love the game most days, But the most frustrating thing for me and its caused me to walk away several times is this stupid 2 tier match-up. Sometimes I'd just like to take out a good tier 6 or 7 BB or cruiser because I have some favorites I do good at, however when I choose a good Tier 6 I want to play against other tier 6 ships, I didn't choose that ship to go against a Tier 8  BB's which usually gets me killed within the first 5 mins of the game if I try to engage. or I can play Hide and seek which is a real bore the worst line-ups have to be tier 5 against tier 7, you have no chance in hell to survive long, or tier 6 against 8  or tier 7 against 9, What are you thinking WOW, I've seen the price of consumables gradually go up, I've seen the crate options get worse (when I choose a daily Flag crate I don't expect credits and coal, I expect flags that what I choose, if I want coal or credits i'll choose those crates) Now the captain skills have been changed and its not working out so much for us because it cost way to much to get 2 extra points for a 21 point captain and the skills are different on each category of ships (example cant adjust torpedo speed on BB's no superintendent on BB's its now change to a different name),  to many options to choose I don't even play CV's any more because the skills are so overwhelming and confusing, or could take a year to get  2 extra points for 1 ship, this game has gotten so bad over the past year or 2 that playing it is not fun anymore, its more frustrating than ever before, you should compensate me for all the mice I've slammed down because of the stupid game play, anyway getting back to my main point,            GET RIDE OF THE 2 Tier Match-ups,      1 tier match-ups would make playing lower tier ships somewhat enjoyable again, at least it would be a little more realistic and people wouldn't try to sacrifice a months pay just to purchase a tier 9 or 10 ship just so that they wouldn't have to play 2 tier match-ups. you've made so many changes to this great game and really made it more difficult to enjoy, try to do something for the gamer's for once not just for your choices which have been sucking a lot lately.

Paragraphs are your friend.  And most sane readers would appreciate them very much.

• Cool 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

[SALVO]
Members
26,139 posts
29,178 battles
1 hour ago, SgtBeltfed said:

Most ships handle being up tiered just fine. Most DD's, the faster battleships, and most cruisers don't care. Some of the lower tier DD's are actually better than the higher tier ones (similar speed, almost the same guns, torps do a little less damage, and they have better concealment) Myoko, the tier 7 IJN cruiser, really doesn't care about getting stuck in a tier 9 match, as the Tier 9 Ibuki is almost the same ship. Many of the Russian cruisers are interchangeable as well.

For the slower battleships, it's not as much the tier as the map size. Higher tier matches are usually on the larger maps, and players can't/refuse to adapt to the lack of speed. (Slow BB's must be proactive, pick somewhere important and go there. Sitting back and seeing what the other team is doing means they don't have the time to react, and are therefor worthless.)

Actually, I disagree a little about your comparison of the Myoko vs the Ibuki, because the Ibuki is a tier 9 cruiser with access to the gun range enhancing module in slot 6 that the Myoko doesn't have access to.  And it's pretty difficult to adapt to gun range differences in cruisers.  I don't think that range differences matter so much for BBs when you're talking about ranges exceeding 20 km or so.  OTOH, when you're talking about max gun ranges between 15 to 20 km, I think that those differences make a considerable difference, since it's in those ranges that cruisers begin to be able to dodge incoming fire effectively.

As for slow BBs, I agree, map size matters a great deal.   Generally speaking those, I'd say that the best place for a slow BB to be is close to the middle of the map since that's where you'll maximize the BB's coverage and hopefully minimize the amount of time you need to spend moving around the map.

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
3,473 posts
13,117 battles
14 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Actually, I disagree a little about your comparison of the Myoko vs the Ibuki, because the Ibuki is a tier 9 cruiser with access to the gun range enhancing module in slot 6 that the Myoko doesn't have access to.  And it's pretty difficult to adapt to gun range differences in cruisers.  I don't think that range differences matter so much for BBs when you're talking about ranges exceeding 20 km or so.  OTOH, when you're talking about max gun ranges between 15 to 20 km, I think that those differences make a considerable difference, since it's in those ranges that cruisers begin to be able to dodge incoming fire effectively.

As for slow BBs, I agree, map size matters a great deal.   Generally speaking those, I'd say that the best place for a slow BB to be is close to the middle of the map since that's where you'll maximize the BB's coverage and hopefully minimize the amount of time you need to spend moving around the map.

There's not a huge difference between a stock Ibuki and a refitted Myoko. Ibuki can be a bit stealthier, but if you've got a fully skilled captain in the Myoko, and are retaining them in the Ibuki (maybe from the Mogami) it starts getting really hard to tell them apart. It's almost like you've just spent 3 tiers grinding the same ship. It's also a really a situation IJN cruiser players find themselves in frequently, and it a big reason the Ibuki is considered one of the worst tier 9 cruisers, she's not that bad really, just the Myoko is that good, and Mogami is halfway in-between them.

I'm not sold on slow BB's trying to relocate to the middle. If you spawn near a cap, that's probably the one you should make a fight out of. Better to get your guns in action as quickly as possible, and keep them that way as long as possible, rather than leave your guns silent through blocked line of sight and islands being in the way. A lot of new players mistake the maximum range of battleship guns to be their effective range. A well placed salvo at 12km can easily do more damage than a whole game spent sniping at max range. Not that it doesn't stop many Bismarck captains from trying.

[SALVO]
Members
26,139 posts
29,178 battles
32 minutes ago, SgtBeltfed said:

I'm not sold on slow BB's trying to relocate to the middle. If you spawn near a cap, that's probably the one you should make a fight out of. Better to get your guns in action as quickly as possible, and keep them that way as long as possible, rather than leave your guns silent through blocked line of sight and islands being in the way. A lot of new players mistake the maximum range of battleship guns to be their effective range. A well placed salvo at 12km can easily do more damage than a whole game spent sniping at max range. Not that it doesn't stop many Bismarck captains from trying.

A slow, high tier BB closing to 12 km is asking to get HE spammed to death.  I doubt that one well placed salvo at 12 km will do much damage if you can't even get to 12 km due to constant HE spamming.  Or worse, they somehow manage to close to 12 km and the rest of the team near that cap runs away and abandons the slow BB to be overrun by the enemy.

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
3,473 posts
13,117 battles
26 minutes ago, Crucis said:

A slow, high tier BB closing to 12 km is asking to get HE spammed to death.  I doubt that one well placed salvo at 12 km will do much damage if you can't even get to 12 km due to constant HE spamming.  Or worse, they somehow manage to close to 12 km and the rest of the team near that cap runs away and abandons the slow BB to be overrun by the enemy.

You can use cover to get to the cap, and there's not much of a difference between making a lone last stand at a cap, and getting run down trying to relocate after your faster teammates have gone trucking across the map.

I see a lot of slow BB's near the bottom in matches, looking back on what they were doing, it's little surprise why. They mostly hang back, are indecisive, and try to snipe. They're alive, 3rd from the bottom, only because the match ended before they could get overrun. Back when we had to pay for repairs, I'd expect that. Now that it's a fixed service cost, you aren't getting paid to bring your ship back, spend it wisely.

[SALVO]
Members
26,139 posts
29,178 battles

You can use cover to get to the cap, and there's not much of a difference between making a lone last stand at a cap, and getting run down trying to relocate after your faster teammates have gone trucking across the map.

I see a lot of slow BB's near the bottom in matches, looking back on what they were doing, it's little surprise why. They mostly hang back, are indecisive, and try to snipe. They're alive, 3rd from the bottom, only because the match ended before they could get overrun. Back when we had to pay for repairs, I'd expect that. Now that it's a fixed service cost, you aren't getting paid to bring your ship back, spend it wisely.

The new slow USN BBs aren't designed to be brawlers.  They're designed to be snipers.  They're not slow BBs in a tier range where pretty much all BBs are slow.  They're in a tier range where pretty much all other BBs have max speeds of 30 or more knots.  

You're simply barking up the wrong tree here, trying to convince players to play they way you think they should play, when all evidence is to the contrary.

• Cool 1

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
3,473 posts
13,117 battles
6 minutes ago, Crucis said:

The new slow USN BBs aren't designed to be brawlers.  They're designed to be snipers.  They're not slow BBs in a tier range where pretty much all BBs are slow.  They're in a tier range where pretty much all other BBs have max speeds of 30 or more knots.  

You're simply barking up the wrong tree here, trying to convince players to play they way you think they should play, when all evidence is to the contrary.

Not the slow USN battleships that I'm aware of, New York, New Mexico and Colorado (and all the similar premiums), which are the USN battleships that give new players the most trouble. They aren't brawlers, they aren't snipers, they're something in between, and they're all dirt slow for the tier.

You've got a speed of about 21 knots, and while your guns will shoot 19km'ish, you aren't hitting anything at that range. Armor is good, but no turtledeck, and they actually don't turn half bad, for BB's

After tier 5, everyone else is faster, and barring the Japanese and Germans, they're all slightly less well protected, and are short about 2km on the max gun range. They all have about the same effective range on the guns as the USN.. (Germans are obviously better protected with a slightly shorter effective range, and the IJN are hurling rounds into the cheap seats, but only have a couple km longer effective range)

[WORX]
Members
12,640 posts
19,907 battles
On 2/15/2021 at 10:19 AM, MeSSeD_Up said:

I've been playing WOWS for about 4 years now. Generally love the game most days, but the most frustrating thing for me and its has caused me to walk away several times Is  this  The stupid 2 tier match-up. 

Sometimes, I'd just like to take out a good tier 6 or 7 BB or cruiser. because I have some favorites I'm do good at, however. When I choose a good Tier 6, I want to play against other tier 6 ships.  If I try to engage, a Tier 8  BB's which usually gets me killed within the first 5 mins of the game. I didn't choose that  a ship to go against or so I can play Hide and seek. Which is a real bore.

The worst line-ups have to be tier 5 against tier 7. You have no chance in hell to survive long or in a tier 6 against 8. Nor in a or tier 7 against 9.

What are you thinking WOWS??? I've seen the price of consumables gradually go up. I've seen the crate options get worse. ( When I choose a daily Flag crate, I don't expect credits and coal. I expect flags that what I chosen, if I want coal or credits i'll choose those crates).

Now, the captain skills have been changed and its not working out so much. for us because Mainly,

• it cost way to much to get 2 extra points for a 21 point captain and the skills are different on each category of ships.
    • Example, cant adjust torpedo speed on BB's no superintendent on BB's its now change to a different name, 
    • to many options to choose.
      • I don't even play CV's any more because the skills are so overwhelming and confusing, or
        • could take a year to get  2 extra points for 1 ship.

This game has gotten so bad over the past year or 2 two. that playing it It's Just not fun anymore. Its more frustrating than ever before. You should compensate me for all the mice I've slammed down because of the stupid game play.

Anyway getting back to my main point, GET RIDE OF THE 2 Tier Match-ups. Single     1 tier match-ups would make playing lower tier ships somewhat enjoyable again. At least, it would be a little more realistic. and People wouldn't try to sacrifice a months pay just to purchase a tier 9 or 10 ship, just so that they wouldn't have to play 2 tier match-ups.

You've made so many changes to this great game.. and   Really made it more difficult to enjoy, or to have fun. So next time, try to do something for the gamer's for once. Not just for your choices which, if you haven't  have been sucking a lot lately. paying attention lately, really sucks IMO.

Can I suggest basic editor habits ??Please... Be kind, the wall of txt is not needed..

As for your suggestion... Single tier MM is available for Co-op, Rank and Clan battles... As far is giving it to Randoms... NO!

The problem is not MM, its us the consumer who crave OP/over capable WG products/ships... You can not have OP products and expect MM to handle it...

Now, instead of saying... Watch out for this player (by name) or that player... Instead, we say... Look out for the Musashi, Thunderer, Slava or the Pom-Pom.

These are the failures of WG... Not the MM itself..

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Cool 2

[SALVO]
Members
26,139 posts
29,178 battles

Not the slow USN battleships that I'm aware of, New York, New Mexico and Colorado (and all the similar premiums), which are the USN battleships that give new players the most trouble. They aren't brawlers, they aren't snipers, they're something in between, and they're all dirt slow for the tier.

You've got a speed of about 21 knots, and while your guns will shoot 19km'ish, you aren't hitting anything at that range. Armor is good, but no turtledeck, and they actually don't turn half bad, for BB's

After tier 5, everyone else is faster, and barring the Japanese and Germans, they're all slightly less well protected, and are short about 2km on the max gun range. They all have about the same effective range on the guns as the USN.. (Germans are obviously better protected with a slightly shorter effective range, and the IJN are hurling rounds into the cheap seats, but only have a couple km longer effective range)

I was talking more about the high tier, slow USN BBs, not the mid tier ones.

[-GQ-]
Members
6 posts
14,264 battles

As for your suggestion... Single tier MM is available for Co-op, Rank and Clan battles... As far is giving it to Randoms... NO!/ 

So based on this statement,  please tell me why would you have 2 tier matches in random battles, or for that matter even in the game, what is the purpose? it seems it causes more frustration than any enjoyment. Like I said switching to a 1 tier would work out somewhat better for the players at least 5 vs 6, 7 vs 8 , 9 vs 10

And also I would appreciate you not editing my text and comments with some computer editing program, I commented in the forum, not to be educated on the proper way to type

15 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

Can I suggest basic editor habits ??Please... Be kind, the wall of txt is not needed..

As for your suggestion... Single tier MM is available for Co-op, Rank and Clan battles... As far is giving it to Randoms... NO!

The problem is not MM, its us the consumer who crave OP/over capable WG products/ships... You can not have OP products and expect MM to handle it...

Now, instead of saying... Watch out for this player (by name) or that player... Instead, we say... Look out for the Musashi, Thunderer, Slava or the Pom-Pom.

[WORX]
Members
12,640 posts
19,907 battles
4 minutes ago, MeSSeD_Up said:

please tell me why would you have 2 tier matches in random battles, or for that matter even in the game, what is the purpose?

Quoted from post #11

" The problem is not MM, its us the consumer who crave OP/over capable WG products/ships... You can not have OP products and expect MM to handle it.. "

Its fine if you dont want to be educated (I wasn't even educating you)... As a matter of courtesy to the readers... Please follow the bare minimum editorial habits... Avoid the wall of txt on long posts...

[-GQ-]
Members
6 posts
14,264 battles
38 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Quoted from post #11

" The problem is not MM, its us the consumer who crave OP/over capable WG products/ships... You can not have OP products and expect MM to handle it.. "

Its fine if you dont want to be educated (I wasn't even educating you)... As a matter of courtesy to the readers... Please follow the bare minimum editorial habits... Avoid the wall of txt on long posts...

As for your suggestion... Single tier MM is available for Co-op, Rank and Clan battles... As far is giving it to Randoms... NO!/ 

So based on this statement,  please tell me why would you have 2 tier matches in random battles, or for that matter even in the game, what is the purpose? it seems it causes more frustration than any enjoyment. Like I said switching to a 1 tier would work out somewhat better for the players at least 5 vs 6, 7 vs 8 , 9 vs 10

And also I would appreciate you not editing my text and comments with some computer editing program, I commented in the forum, not to be educated on the proper way to type

16 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

• Boring 2

[-GQ-]
Members
6 posts
14,264 battles

Ok, trying to understand what your saying with the MM and the OP,  are you trying to tell me that we the gamer's are wanting multi tier matches in random? because based on all my discussions with many players that's just not true. I'm also simply asking for 1 tier matches instead of 2, not even matches, just 1 tier difference, the frustration of playing a tier 6 cruiser in a tier 8 match is enough to make you want to uninstall the game.

I will try to limit text and try to use correct editing in the future.

Edited by MeSSeD_Up

[SALVO]
Members
26,139 posts
29,178 battles
1 hour ago, MeSSeD_Up said:

And most forum readers would appreciate it if you would put some effort into proper formatting (i.e. paragraphs) and perhaps better spelling and grammar.  Posts are far easier to read when properly formatted and spelled, with respectable grammar.  As for "not to be educated", all of life is a learning experience.   Trying to fight it is like trying to fight the ocean's tides.

[TSG4]
[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator
3,377 posts
17,039 battles
On ‎2‎/‎16‎/‎2021 at 5:19 AM, MeSSeD_Up said:

GET RIDE OF THE 2 Tier Match-ups

From google dictionary:

verb
verb: ride; 3rd person present: rides; past tense: rode; past participle: ridden; gerund or present participle: riding; suffix: -ridden
  1. 1.
    sit on and control the movement of (an animal, typically a horse).

noun
    noun: ride; plural noun: rides; noun: ride cymbal; plural noun: ride cymbals
    a journey made on a horse, bicycle, or motorcycle, or in a vehicle.
    "I took them for a ride in the van"

Sorry but I am a little bit confused. Your title is RID, but in your post, your main conclusion is RIDE

2 hours ago, Crucis said:

to be educated

Expected more education

And most forum readers would appreciate it if you would put some effort into proper formatting (i.e. paragraphs) and perhaps better spelling and grammar.  Posts are far easier to read when properly formatted and spelled, with respectable grammar.  As for "not to be educated", all of life is a learning experience.   Trying to fight it is like trying to fight the ocean's tides.

:Smile_great:

:Smile_coin: So I am flipping my coin for 50/50 :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1
  • Haha 2

[TFFOX]
Members
1,089 posts
2,815 battles
4 minutes ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

From google dictionary:

verb
verb: ride; 3rd person present: rides; past tense: rode; past participle: ridden; gerund or present participle: riding; suffix: -ridden
  1. 1.
    sit on and control the movement of (an animal, typically a horse).

noun
    noun: ride; plural noun: rides; noun: ride cymbal; plural noun: ride cymbals
    a journey made on a horse, bicycle, or motorcycle, or in a vehicle.
    "I took them for a ride in the van"

:cap_haloween:

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,922 posts

copy pasted op..

copy pasted response

not going to happen

[WORX]
Members
12,640 posts
19,907 battles
8 hours ago, MeSSeD_Up said:

are you trying to tell me that we the gamer's are wanting multi tier matches in random? because based on all my discussions with many players that's just not true. I'm also simply asking for 1 tier matches instead of 2, not even matches, just 1 tier difference, the frustration of playing a tier 6 cruiser in a tier 8 match is enough to make you want to uninstall the game.

What I am saying, because of our appetite for OP/over capable WG products (the consumer)... No matter what rules you give to MM, its going to be the scapegoat...Not, the culprit..

MM is fine, the products used in MM are not.

• Thanks 1

[NAVAL]
[NAVAL]
Members
239 posts
13,802 battles

i've been complaining about 2 tier down matches forever. WG does not care if the game is trash.. 

• Boring 1

[WOLFG]
Members
32,334 posts
10,021 battles
On 2/15/2021 at 3:44 PM, Crucis said:

Actually, I disagree a little about your comparison of the Myoko vs the Ibuki, because the Ibuki is a tier 9 cruiser with access to the gun range enhancing module in slot 6 that the Myoko doesn't have access to.  

To be fair though, it plays similarly, since it has the same characteristics in relation to its peers.

IMO, it depends on how good you are at dodging. If you're not getting hit in a Myoko, you won't get hit in an Ibuki. If you are getting hit, you'll have a far better chance of having a decent game in Myoko than Ibuki. (that's where I'm at)

[SALVO]
Members
7,067 posts
5,529 battles
20 hours ago, MeSSeD_Up said:

So based on this statement,  please tell me why would you have 2 tier matches in random battles, or for that matter even in the game, what is the purpose? 

To "motivate" you to play T10 (so you are not undertiered, and you need premium time to not lose credits). That's by design.

The spread won't change, the choice is yours: Follow the lead and play T9-T10 or channel Rage Against the Machine and say "Fck u I won't do what you tell me" and enjoy being undertiered.

• Thanks 1

[WOLFG]
Members
32,334 posts
10,021 battles
20 hours ago, MeSSeD_Up said:

The purpose of multiple tiers in matches is to speed up queue times. That's why they start off worse, and get better after the initial rush has settled, and they've determined that they can tighten up MM.

We went from 3-tier matches to 2-tier relatively quickly, and have been there for a long time. This tells me that their initial estimates were pessimistic, but that the queue times on the least-populated server would go too high if they reduced the spread, and since the player population is more or less set, (it's not going to go up appreciably anyway) so is the MM spread.

• Thanks 1