You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ole_seabee

Game Log in

48 comments in this topic

[TF16A]
[TF16A]
Members
173 posts
16,897 battles

Just recently game login has taken a very long time. I havent had this problem in the past but has been increaseing as of late ?

[WORX]
Members
12,640 posts
19,907 battles
31 minutes ago, ole_seabee said:

Just recently game login has taken a very long time. I havent had this problem in the past but has been increaseing as of late ?

Not for me... Its about a min to a min and 45 sec... Which is normal...

If you're experiencing slowness in log in... Here are some issues...

• Firewall permissions are not configured correctly..
  • Connection issues (mainly check with your ISP homepage for any disruptions or slowdowns)

If you suspect nothing wrong with the above noted and you still having slow log in...

• Then I suspect your CPU is about to die or is in need of some professional repair help...

GL

[PVE]
Members
7,896 posts
23,881 battles
1 hour ago, ole_seabee said:

Mine had issues also due to a windows update that was hiding & wouldn't update (there was a notification saying it was pending but it took 2 days before it actually updated despite my setting being unrestricted for it to do it's thing).

Also the WG client downloaded in the meantime so that may have put the windows update on the back burner in it's binary little mind.

46 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Not for me... Its about a min to a min and 45 sec... Which is normal...

If you're experiencing slowness in log in... Here are some issues...

• Firewall permissions are not configured correctly..
  • Connection issues (mainly check with your ISP homepage for any disruptions or slowdowns)

If you suspect nothing wrong with the above noted and you still having slow log in...

• Then I suspect your CPU is about to die or is in need of some professional repair help...

GL

Mine takes about exactly 3 minutes...but 1 1/2 of those 3 minutes is Steam updating every time.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[WORX]
Members
12,640 posts
19,907 battles
2 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Mine had issues also due to a windows update that was hiding & wouldn't update (there was a notification saying it was pending but it took 2 days before it actually updated despite my setting being unrestricted for it to do it's thing).

Also the WG client downloaded in the meantime so that may have put the windows update on the back burner in it's binary little mind.

Mine takes about exactly 3 minutes...but 1 1/2 of those 3 minutes is Steam updating every time.

Steam ??? Cant help you there... I can only recommend upgrade both the CPU and RAM simultaneously.

[USCG]
Members
751 posts
22,857 battles

No problems this morning but this afternoon it took an extra minute or so. Had plenty of time to check the forums to see if the server was down. 

[WORX]
Members
12,640 posts
19,907 battles
2 minutes ago, cgbosn4 said:

No problems this morning but this afternoon it took an extra minute or so. Had plenty of time to check the forums to see if the server was down. 

Cable ?Or DSL ?

[USCG]
Members
751 posts
22,857 battles
3 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Cable ?Or DSL ?

Cable. Just went through an ice storm here in Virginia so might have been that. 

[WORX]
Members
12,640 posts
19,907 battles
5 minutes ago, cgbosn4 said:

Cable. Just went through an ice storm here in Virginia so might have been that. 

Ouch! If cable is your only option in your area??? Here's the problem...

• Ice storm, You may have a disruption in your area...
  • ISP messing around with your connection...
    • Cable will have varying speeds due to your ISP doing politics with your bandwidth.

As long as you have a cable connection... Every time you press PLAY, your log in time automatically becomes varied... Its not the cable customer's fault, its the cable provider...

[PVE]
Members
7,896 posts
23,881 battles
1 hour ago, Navalpride33 said:

Steam ??? Cant help you there... I can only recommend upgrade both the CPU and RAM simultaneously.

No... it's standard operating procedure here...always has taken that much time just because of the steam thing...

After the computer boots up it has a minute of steam updating & then after 20 seconds there's a log in screen that pops up you can X out of & be on your way...

You can X out of the update window also but it keeps doing it's thing in the background if you do & the log in screen usually pops up in the middle of a battle if you do...so just gotta let it do it's thing 1st...my friend that set it up was a major steam user & set this 1 up the same...

No biggie though...just gives me time to go out & smoke a cigarette before I start playing.

• Thanks 1

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
1,143 posts
17,041 battles

I've been having trouble getting signed in today.  I kept trying for 45 minutes  this morning with no luck.  I ran a check and repair and all that.   Reboots and what-not too.  Checked the forums nobody seemed to mention having issues. 

This afternoon I got in no problem. 

This evening my first login attempt I let it spin for about 10 minutes and got nothing.  Restarted the client and started checking forums again; found this thread.  Fortunately it did sign me in after a few minutes.  

I'm in SoCal; don't know if that has anything to do with it.  Maybe it is Newsom's fault.

• Cool 1

[SDTA]
Beta Testers
9 posts
13,371 battles

updated mods and checksummed the game. first time this morning it worked. installed updated aslains this evening no long. checksummed again. still no login. mods are borking it up most likely. wait for mods or uninstall them temporarily should get you into game again

[WORX]
Members
12,640 posts
19,907 battles
15 minutes ago, big_gun_lil_hull said:

updated mods and checksummed the game. first time this morning it worked. installed updated aslains this evening no long. checksummed again. still no login. mods are borking it up most likely. wait for mods or uninstall them temporarily should get you into game again

WOWS with mods works good here... Mods don;t affect your log in procedure...

Check on your connection status/bulletin of your ISP... Disruptions are common.

[SDTA]
Beta Testers
9 posts
13,371 battles

ive had this issue in the past and it was solved easily with a mod update. could have been coincidental...but its not the only time this has happened. so its become a normal trouble shooting procedure for me

[BWC]
Beta Testers
2,016 posts
7,795 battles

I've been having extremely long logins for the last seven hours at least, a problem I have not had until today.  And we're talking 10 minutes plus to log in.  Of interest is that once I came onto the forums and went back to check on the progress of the game, it seemed to have completed the login and the game was running.  This makes me think there is some issue with the game completing the login routine until a separate connection to a related site is established which can then let the game finish the process.

That, or the game servers are really taking 15+ minutes to enable the game starting.

[GWG]
Members
7,400 posts
14,187 battles

I left it spin for 30 minutes -- no help.

Then I 'X'd out of the Game Center  --- and the game came right up...   

Go figure.

• Boring 1

[-AFK-]
Members
1,147 posts
15,278 battles
12 hours ago, ole_seabee said:

yeah me also. 
just happened to me since 2 days ago, prior to that it was fine, 
Restarted PC,  3 times since then, just restarted in the last few minutes before posting then tested again. 
Issue is still present. 
Updated GFX card in the last few minutes, 
image.thumb.png.d575777bdb46e32355a86f31c574d2c7.png
These two windows updates were applied in the last 2 days 
image.thumb.png.7ce1cf351ab5f9bc9478b77ecac38bdc.png

Still on Windows 10 Build 2004 
image.thumb.png.86c594b876631309c92d1e2616c981ff.png

I will experiment with closing the game center and post my results. 

Edit: Don't close game center while loading game, 
Not a good experience having to enter password again 

Edit 2: 
I just uninstalled this windows update, 
image.thumb.png.c94d1c9cbc6dff7565e096c2b2914f7d.png
Upon restarting my PC the control Center did this 

image.thumb.png.efb33797875c775fe0b86baf41943aa6.png
Looks like it was the preload to the 0.10.1.0 patch. 

Tested the game, still takes forever to login. 

Edit 3: The windows update was reinstalled upon PC restart so if it is 'Client side' there is nothing I can do to change it 
image.thumb.png.becb352bd0e3fd08610b231296a53db8.png
most likely it is a server side authentication/radius server fault which needs to be addressed. 
It is probably 1 or 2 within a cluster having issues. 

Game play seems unaffected 

Edited by Salvo_Creative

[H-S-W]
Members
2 posts
1,252 battles

I use Steam + Proton and the game started to crash during log in after today's update, now it seems to work only using Proton 3.16-9 as suggested by someone in the EU forum.

Edited by Asta666

[WORX]
Members
12,640 posts
19,907 battles
50 minutes ago, Asta666 said:

I use Steam + Proton and the game started to crash during log in after today's update, now it seems to work only using Proton 3.16-9 as suggested by someone in the EU forum.

I dont think Proton will help you... On the EU side, according to Jingles, its an ISP issue... UK at certain hours of the day, its internet connection just fails.

Keep in mind, the server itself is fine... I just was in the NA server with no issues (compared to other nights).

I recommend to

• Check the bulletin of your ISP for outrages or disruption.
  • Then check on your connection
  • Check on the firewall permission..
    • Every patch you have to check and see they're in order..

GL

[BWC]
Beta Testers
2,016 posts
7,795 battles

I just tested hitting the ESC key, minimizing and then expanding the game, and neither corrected it.  However, as soon as I took my web browser to the game forums, it came up.  I'm thinking it might have to do with the launcher not connecting to the news/offers part of the website and it needs something else to make the connection to complete login.

That's just observational reasoning, though.

[HYPE]
Members
136 posts
49,395 battles

same issue here starting from yesterday. stuck in log in screen forever. i heard eu server had this issue before and wg eu compensated a lot of players there.

[TF16A]
[TF16A]
Members
173 posts
16,897 battles

Funny thing happened 2 x times now. After i let waited for a while and let it spin on the log in page. I decided I was going to gp to task manager and end end task. Soon as i brought task manager the game loaded right away both times?

[META_]
Members
10 posts
5,907 battles

I have had the slow log in for 2 days now. I just logged in now and it took 4 minutes.

I know it is not me. Super fast internet and good computer.

[WORX]
Members
12,640 posts
19,907 battles
13 minutes ago, SlayerWolf_2020 said:

Super fast internet and good computer.

If the connection is fine then, your computer needs to be looked at.. At best, basic CPU maintenance should be followed as recommended...

Edited by Navalpride33