You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
xXPSYOPSXx

Give Siegfreid Captain the Option to Pick BB Tree

11 comments in this topic

[OAS]
Members
5 posts
10,869 battles

10.0 has severely changed Siegfreid and not for the better.  I saved all my research points specifically for that ship and it was well worth it.  Her secondary build was incredibly fun and made her a competent mid range brawler and endgame duelist.  I generally dont have a problem with the captain skill rework but it did leave Siegfreid out in the cold.  Pretty frustrating after I spent all that time grinding to get her.  A simple fix would remedy this: allow her to use the BB captain skill tree.  Please consider WG.

• Cool 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

-Members-
8 posts
7,249 battles

I agree. Spent a good amount of time grinding those ridiculous research points to finally acquire her and that unique cruiser secondary play style, only for it to be stomped and taken away by this equally ridiculous captains skills fiasco. 

• Cool 1
  • Haha 1

[FEB-M]
Members
123 posts
5,443 battles

The concept of "Heavy CA ~= Light BB" is great...  BUT ...   the new captain's skill system is much WORSE than before.

For me, there should be NO specific skills at all tied to ship class.
And there should be mutually-exclusive options, as Either (+range//+speed) for torpedos, or one of (+range//+reload/) for guns, or (+speed/+HP) for ships...

And RETRAINING exists for crews learn a new ships' procedures.

Anyway, since the "borders" between BB/CA/DD are becoming more and more blurred, becomes more evident that the skill separation per ship class is the problem. Basically, many DDs are larger than some CLs, and some CAs are bigger than some BBs ...  so, what's the logic that a caption from an Alaska shares more skills with a light Cruiser than with a light Battleship?

[GISH]
Members
5 posts
3,203 battles

Perhaps creating a separate class:

Super Cruisers/Battlecruisers

and allow them access to the Cruiser and Battleship skills. One or the other but not both at the same time.  This would allow for a lot of diversity. 

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Members
1,361 posts
10,479 battles

I too have been saving RP slated for the Siegfried, but held off when I read the announcement last fall as to these (then pending) changes. I have been watching her performance stats significantly drop since these changes became active and both glad that I currently do not have her but also that I have been really looking forward to getting her.

I would suggest that, somewhat analogous to HSF ships Graf Spee and Harikaze, who can have either HSF-affiliated IJN and KM captains that the Siegfried should be able to have either a KM BB or Cruiser Captain helm her.

[ARS]
Beta Testers
5,760 posts
6,009 battles
5 hours ago, AutumnalReaper said:

Perhaps creating a separate class:

Super Cruisers/Battlecruisers

and allow them access to the Cruiser and Battleship skills. One or the other but not both at the same time.  This would allow for a lot of diversity. 

I doubt that.  The great preponderance, perhaps even all of them, of them would use the BB skill tree.

Which says something about their being appropriate for the MM to match against actual cruisers.

[GISH]
Members
5 posts
3,203 battles
10 minutes ago, Helstrem said:

I doubt that.  The great preponderance, perhaps even all of them, of them would use the BB skill tree.

Which says something about their being appropriate for the MM to match against actual cruisers.

Wouldnt that still solve another problem?

by limiting how many would be in a match instead of just matching them against cruisers it gives a fairer MM

We could then, theoretically, see a match with:

3BBs, 2 SC/BC, 3CA, 4 DD

[RBMK]
Members
5 posts
5,581 battles

I think the solution is just a new Battlecruiser class. Easy enough to add another commander skill tree that combines some of the tanking skills from BB branch and DPM/AA from the cruiser branch. It's not like there's a shortage of historical and concept ships between RN, KM, USN, and IJN.

• Cool 1

[FEB-M]
Members
123 posts
5,443 battles

A better and simple solution would be to allow players choose either (BB/CA) or (CL/DD) tabs for each ship.
I.e., each CA can use either CA/BB/DD skillset. BBs can use one of BB/CA, while DDs can select DD or CA skillset.

Later we can improve whole skill system, but this could be really simple to implement, and no learning require, no skill changed (yet).

[THF41]
Members
412 posts
6,725 battles
On 3/5/2021 at 12:01 PM, Maltz_MkII said:

I think the solution is just a new Battlecruiser class. Easy enough to add another commander skill tree that combines some of the tanking skills from BB branch and DPM/AA from the cruiser branch. It's not like there's a shortage of historical and concept ships between RN, KM, USN, and IJN.

On 3/8/2021 at 9:59 AM, Alloh said:

A better and simple solution would be to allow players choose either (BB/CA) or (CL/DD) tabs for each ship.
I.e., each CA can use either CA/BB/DD skillset. BBs can use one of BB/CA, while DDs can select DD or CA skillset.

Later we can improve whole skill system, but this could be really simple to implement, and no learning require, no skill changed (yet).

Either solution or a mix of the 2 would be welcome.