Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
tangofan

Update 0.10.1: When does armory switch over?

13 comments in this topic

[BTLST]
Members
125 posts
4,165 battles

According to https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/game-updates/update-0101-italian-battleships/ ,  the game client will start updating today (Monday, Feb 15) and the update will become live on Feb, 17 at 2am PST.

So when will the Georgia, Thunderer, etc. disappear from the armory? Also at Feb 17, at 2m PST or earlier (e.g. when the new game client starts rolling out)?

The reason I'm asking is that I'd like to wait till the last day to make my ship purchase with coal, since I need to convert some steel and still want to get the coal from Feb 16 to convert as little steel as possible.

• Cool 1

[WOLFC]
Members
2,560 posts
11,041 battles
5 minutes ago, tangofan said:

So when will the Georgia, Thunderer, etc. disappear from the armory? Also at Feb 17, at 2m PST or earlier (e.g. when the new game client starts rolling out)?

Yes. WGC will just pre-download the new update today. Nothing in 0.10.1 goes into effect until early the morning of the 17th.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[RAGE]
Members
427 posts
7,238 battles

You have until 2/17 at 2am. at 3am, they will no longer be available.

• Thanks 1

[K-POP]
Members
4,846 posts
13,430 battles

At 2am pst on Wednesday, just like the server. So make sure to buy whatever ship you’re getting Tuesday night at the latest, that way you’re not frantically scrambling last minute to purchase it before the server goes down. 

• Thanks 1

[BTLST]
Members
125 posts
4,165 battles
14 minutes ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

At 2am pst on Wednesday, just like the server. So make sure to buy whatever ship you’re getting Tuesday night at the latest, that way you’re not frantically scrambling last minute to purchase it before the server goes down. 

Great, thanks. I don't want to make a last minute (or even last hour) purchase, just want to make sure I collect all my containers and missions for Tuesday.

Banned
1,678 posts
1,286 battles
1 hour ago, tangofan said:

Great, thanks. I don't want to make a last minute (or even last hour) purchase, just want to make sure I collect all my containers and missions for Tuesday.

The amount of steel you'd save from what, 1 or 2 resource crates of coal with be negligible. I wouldn't risk waiting until the last second for it.

[ARGSY]
Members
23,378 posts
17,307 battles
1 hour ago, USS_Taylor_Swift said:

The amount of steel you'd save from what, 1 or 2 resource crates of coal with be negligible. I wouldn't risk waiting until the last second for it.

If he drops a supercontainer full of coal at the last minute, that's 15,000 coal = 1500 steel he won't have to spend.

• Cool 1

[BTLST]
Members
125 posts
4,165 battles
2 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

If he drops a supercontainer full of coal at the last minute, that's 15,000 coal = 1500 steel he won't have to spend.

This. And I'm not planning to wait until the last second of even the last hour. Probably will get everything done 8 hours before the update.

[BTLST]
Members
125 posts
4,165 battles
4 hours ago, Lord_Argus said:

What are you planning on buying?

Planning to get the Thunderer, will cost me about 4k steel, 90% of my steel holding. But it appears to be a one-of-a-kind ship, so the FOMO is strong with this one...

Edited by tangofan

[CO-OP]
Members
2,074 posts
27,563 battles

They will disappear the microsecond before you hit the purchase button, don't mind me I'm a pessimist... or a realist.

• Funny 1

[BTLST]
Members
125 posts
4,165 battles
1 hour ago, Efros said:

They will disappear the microsecond before you hit the purchase button, don't mind me I'm a pessimist... or a realist.

I can tell you work in software development. :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1

[BTLST]
Members
125 posts
4,165 battles

Update: Thanks to everyone who responded. I finished all my missions and got all my containers for today and then proceeded to obtain the Thunderer. In the end I spent around 3.5k steel to make up for the missing coal. With my first battle in coop (to try her out) I'm a strong contender for lowest HP ever :Smile_medal:, but it's all good.  :cap_haloween:

Sign in to follow this