You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
TheArc

Co-Op bots torping team mates is sometimes a very bad problem

8 comments in this topic

[FORM]
Members
2,224 posts
13,240 battles

I don't play co-op often, but as I'm knocking out my final snowflakes I'm rather stunned at seeing how bad the AI torping team mates can be sometimes. WG, you might want to look at whatever code you've got going on, not sure if it might be to specific ship types or classes, but when it's bad it can be really bad. Attached is a replay where the same bot torps me very near the start of the match (and I was nearly stopped in front of him so it wasn't like at range...) I was able to dodge all but 1 torp. Then as soon as he reloaded he damn near torped me again. 

Troll bot AI! :P

Seriously, team killing AI is a really bad way to give the bot team a chance in co-op. 

20210215_085021_PJSD105-Mutsuki_08_NE_passage.wowsreplay

• Cool 1

[META_]
Members
10 posts
5,902 battles

There have been serveral co-op games I have been, that my AI team mates have shot torps in my direction with no enemies around.

One time it slammed 3 into me, so I sank my AI team mate. It made me feel better. Totally worth the pink tag for a few games.

• Haha 1

[USN]
Members
34 posts
6,046 battles

It happens very frequently to me too. It usually while I am sitting in smoke firing at the red team. It's usually a bot cruiser with torps on my team hitting me from my blind side. 

[FEM]
Members
2,107 posts
17,376 battles

Maybe it's just their way of trying to mimic the average player

[RLGN]
Members
15,665 posts
27,399 battles
20 minutes ago, wyoedbrown said:

It happens very frequently to me too. It usually while I am sitting in smoke firing at the red team. It's usually a bot cruiser with torps on my team hitting me from my blind side. 

Or the idiot bot battleships stop in your destroyer smoke, then ram you out of it or draw torps.

[WOLFB]
[WOLFB]
Members
322 posts
8,381 battles
16 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Or the idiot bot battleships stop in your destroyer smoke, then ram you out of it or draw torps.

I think you made a mistake, so I fixed it for you. :Smile_hiding:

• Funny 1

[GPORT]
Members
221 posts
13,200 battles

Usually how I have seen it is a bot has a target lined up but fires torps in the opposite direction . As a mostly co-op player , I see this on average 1 or 2 times a battle....but thats only what I see......cant see what the other bots are doing 2 caps away .

[PVE]
Members
508 posts
19,845 battles

I've seen red bots go at it, yesterday two red bots went dead in the water and torpedoed each other?!!  I think it's a new bug, I've only noticed the weird behavior recently