Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
DevilD0g

ITALIAN COMMANDERS

12 comments in this topic

[RAN]
[RAN]
Members
706 posts
10,027 battles

Could we have some Italian commanders in the armoury please, thank you .  :)

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 1

[ARGSY]
Members
23,385 posts
17,319 battles

Are there any that you particularly want?

If you want to be able to buy a 10 pointer for 1500 dubs, you can do that straight out of the commander interface these days. The ones you get in the Armory are historical commanders who were either successful or historically prominent, and the Regia Marina wasn't particularly strong in that regard. Their most spectacular successes were due to the frogmen.

Members
855 posts
19 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Are there any that you particularly want?

If you want to be able to buy a 10 pointer for 1500 dubs, you can do that straight out of the commander interface these days. The ones you get in the Armory are historical commanders who were either successful or historically prominent, and the Regia Marina wasn't particularly strong in that regard. Their most spectacular successes were due to the frogmen.

I'm not a historian, but I am almost positive that the Italian Navy's history extends back in time further than WW2.   

[PVE]
Members
13,417 posts
28,137 battles
56 minutes ago, DevilD0g said:

Coming SOONTM to an Armory near you... (update 0.10.1)

1.jpg

• Thanks 1

Members
400 posts
26 battles
14 minutes ago, Farm_Fresh_Eggs said:

I'm not a historian, but I am almost positive that the Italian Navy's history extends back in time further than WW2.   

Doing the slackest research on wikipedia, it seems that from 1900i-1950sh the RM was mostly bored during WW1 and did a bit of seal-clubbing against the Ottomans in the Italo-Turkish War a few years earlier. Their asymmetrical warfare was again on point against 

Also losing the Battle of Lissa back in 1866 which is rather before WoWS time

Perhaps Vittorio Cuniberti who envisaged the Dreadnought concept? But not exactly a battle renowned commander.

Likewise Raffaele Rossetti who sunk Viribus Unitis with demolitions.

Edited by SoothingWhaleSongEU

[SALVO]
Members
6,969 posts
5,521 battles
1 hour ago, DevilD0g said:

They are right there next in queue after IJN captains, just need a bit of patience...

[WOLF9]
Members
1,138 posts
23,079 battles

A pair of nobodies with a special skill or two like the other nations got (Does, Dunkirks, etc.) for the IJN and the RM would be sufficient for me.

• Cool 4

[ARGSY]
Members
23,385 posts
17,319 battles
1 hour ago, kyesac said:

A pair of nobodies with a special skill or two like the other nations got (Does, Dunkirks, etc.) for the IJN and the RM would be sufficient for me.

How about Chuichi Nagumo. Special talent - torpedo and bomb strikes against stationary US BBs are 50% immediately fatal.

Tradeoff: when your CV is struck by HE bombs, there is a 75% chance that all four fires light and continue to do so until the ship burns out.

Or would you like Admiral Carlo Cattaneo, the poor unlucky sap unfortunate enough to be in charge of the Zara when the British battleships blew her away at touching distance at Matapan?

• Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Members
1,138 posts
23,079 battles
57 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

How about Chuichi Nagumo. Special talent - torpedo and bomb strikes against stationary US BBs are 50% immediately fatal.

Tradeoff: when your CV is struck by HE bombs, there is a 75% chance that all four fires light and continue to do so until the ship burns out.

Or would you like Admiral Carlo Cattaneo, the poor unlucky sap unfortunate enough to be in charge of the Zara when the British battleships blew her away at touching distance at Matapan?

Having played the Zara in game, I sympathize with Cattaneo there.  Nagumo is another story.  I know many people didn't push him to strike Pearl a third time like reported, but he made some really bad decisions at Pearl and Midway when his situation dictated otherwise.

[FLTF1]
Members
287 posts
7,858 battles
18 hours ago, DevilD0g said:

You can get the Luigi Sansonetti, buy italian containers for 6000 coal and finish the collection. It will cost you even less than other 175k coal commanders, It's based on luck, but people say they spend around 90k on that collection to get the Luigi (much less than russian and german gius for plain 175k coal).

[RAN]
[RAN]
Members
706 posts
10,027 battles

I wouldnt waste coal on an Italian commander,   Preferably Mario Doe and Luigi Doe would be better.  Thank  you for pointing out to me that you can get a 10 point commander for 1500 dubs as that is new and i had not seen it yet.

Sign in to follow this