Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Lord_Argus

You Using Deadeye on Georgia Now?

15 comments in this topic

[SOBA6]
Members
280 posts

Georgia owners how are you setting up your ship after this rework? Anyone still using a secondary build and finding it doing any good or is Deadeye the way to go now? I picked her up last night but just played one game in her. She hits hard and wow she's fast but just not sure how to set it up for randoms? Anyone going for faster guns rather than the extra dispersion?

• Boring 1

[FRR]
Members
859 posts

I want the flexibility to meet future combat missions, so I assigned two captains for Georgia. One with the Dead Eye skill, the other one for secondaries. For upgrades, I chose APRM2 for better main battery dispersion.

Dead Eye or not, Georgia is a ship that gives fun and enjoyment whether in Co-op or in Random Battles. 

Congratulations on getting her!

1356982080_WorldofWarshipsScreenshot2021_02.14-16_51_07_38.thumb.png.a3f994d05ec7717e4e17bdfc7207af91.png

[ENB]
Members
51 posts
4,089 battles
1 hour ago, Lord_Argus said:

Georgia owners how are you setting up your ship after this rework? Anyone still using a secondary build and finding it doing any good or is Deadeye the way to go now? I picked her up last night but just played one game in her. She hits hard and wow she's fast but just not sure how to set it up for randoms? Anyone going for faster guns rather than the extra dispersion?

I kept the same secondary build (and the same modules), but I played only a few games in it (most of them really bad, tbh). 

[1984]
Members
4,482 posts
21,506 battles
1 hour ago, Lord_Argus said:

I set up georgia for main gun accuracy and reload. Run deadeye for randoms and a second commander specced for secondary for coop. I would suggest this strategy since after testing secondary builds on us and km bbs are only good (relative, since overall nerf from pre rework) when max capt skills are applied. This build however is not viable in randoms since the secondaries do no damage, so main gun lethality should be maximized.

Edited by monpetitloup

[-TKS-]
Members
1,282 posts
10,298 battles

I rarely played Georgia with secondaries even before the rework. She’s not tanky enough to brawl like Massachusetts can. Her citadel leaves you prone to being punished if you’re not careful in close quarters. Her secondaries were sort of a meme anyway. The Georgia is played for that fast relocating gameplay with 6 hard hitting and accurate 457 mm guns. Deadeye just makes it all the more deadly.

[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
1,159 posts
11,293 battles

Dead Eye is terrible with Georgia, because playing it that way takes away all of its strengths. If you want Dead Eye so bad, play a ship that's designed for it and leave Georgia in port, because you will cost teams wins playing sniper in Georgia. The secondaries are actually still good at starting fires, and are still much more accurate than any other lines, although they do lack the punch of the Germans. Survivability is the way to go with Georgia if you don't want the secondaries. Georgia wants to shove opponents off objectives, and that means playing close quarters.

Members
400 posts
26 battles

I *should* probably give it a a try at least once before 0.10.0 ends and I have enough high point US captains for one to have my Secondary/survival Massa& Georgia hybrid, another to be full survivability and the third to be Deadeye given how Premiums and captains work esp with the rework.

But I just can't bring myself to defile my Georgia in such a way.

Edited by SoothingWhaleSongEU

[DRY]
Members
186 posts

I've never played Georgia with a secondary build, but deadeye Georgia is dead on arrival. Survivability and consumables all the way, same as JB.

[WOLF9]
Members
456 posts

I’ve got 2 different captains for us & km like some of the others. A secondary and a normal main armament captain. Seems to work ok. 

[SRBL]
Members
541 posts
14,236 battles
5 hours ago, Lord_Argus said:

Same as before, full 2nd build using Halsey who gets moved between Georgia and Massachusetts. 

[CDOH]
Members
782 posts
8,219 battles
6 hours ago, Lord_Argus said:

I took deadeye,  extra heal and secondary range and concealment .  Sort of a Hybrid build.   Those 6 guns really do some damage at long range. I took on Two Kurfursts at 17km hitting them for 15 to 20k salvos until i killed one and the other ran off.  

I was a huge proponent of secondary Georgia in the last meta.  I think Straight Deadeye Georgia will yield more damage in this meta.  However Deadeye imho is not fun and its not what this ship was designed for.  

[CDOH]
Members
782 posts
8,219 battles
4 hours ago, Shannon_Lindsey said:

Dead Eye is terrible with Georgia, because playing it that way takes away all of its strengths. If you want Dead Eye so bad, play a ship that's designed for it and leave Georgia in port, because you will cost teams wins playing sniper in Georgia. The secondaries are actually still good at starting fires, and are still much more accurate than any other lines, although they do lack the punch of the Germans. Survivability is the way to go with Georgia if you don't want the secondaries. Georgia wants to shove opponents off objectives, and that means playing close quarters.

I would argue that Georgia main strength is her speed, quick heal and main guns.  Secondaries where never her main strength.  However her Secondaries with Speed where her main source of fun.

Edited by Rothgar_57

[SUDO]
Members
10 posts
1,578 battles

Went deadeye personally, now she's great at any range. Need to shoot someone 22 km away? BC dispersion with deadeye means you hit most of your shots. Need to shoot someone 10 km away? Georgia was always accurate there anyway. Lets you push effectively along flanks and hit ships more often.

[FLTF1]
Members
287 posts
7,847 battles

I have 19pt commander on my Georgia, and made a hybrid build. instead of -10% sec reload, I am using dead eye and concealment. Still testing, but seems pretty solid. 13.5km and up I hit stuff with dead eye precision, and 11.5 and lower  - with secondaries. (ok there is 2km gap, but nothing terrible). So, if nobody is close, I am a sniper. If someone is ruining my dead eye - secondaries make them pay. Also in today game I finished a dd with secondaries :P they still work, even if not as perfect as before.

Members
207 posts
5,072 battles

Yes, I prefer deadeye SI CE build over secondary after WG cut the balls off of mansec. With georgia's already amazing accuracy deadeye makes her even more scary.

Sign in to follow this