Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Glarus

Research Bureau points question

5 comments in this topic

[36]
Members
27 posts
8,946 battles

Before I hit 'reset' I just want to make sure I'm not going to mess this up.

image.png.72451d3520f69e05d22e2933de92cbb9.png

In this scenario, Halland would get 6,000 points if I buy and play it. If I reset the line without buying Halland now, then on my next run through this line, Halland will get 18,000 points. Is that correct? Just making sure I don't leave 6k points on the table. Thanks!

[TSG4]
[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator
3,380 posts
17,071 battles

from the wiki:

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Research_Bureau#Stacking_resets

Stacking resets

For a player rich in Free XP Free XP, this is the easiest way to accumulate Research Points Research Points (RP). The Tier V-X ships of a reset line need not be played to qualify for RP at an eventual first win.

A player can reset, then unlock an entire line using Free XP without purchasing or playing a single ship, and the Tier V-X ships will "remember" that they are due those Research Points at the first win. Then the player can reset, then unlock the same line without purchasing or playing a ship, and the Tier V-X ships will "remember" that they are due more Research Points at the first win. When those ships eventually are purchased and played for a win, the accrued Research Points are awarded.

Example

1) In Season 1 a player unlocks his fifth tech tree Tier X ship and immediately receives 10,000 Research Points.
2) He resets his Wows_flag_Germany.png KM cruiser line. All Tier II+ KM cruisers in port etc. are sold. Then he spends (roughly 650,000) FXP Free XP to unlock all nine ship through Tier X yet purchases none of them. His Tier V through X ships thus gain the ability to play for double Research Points (the Season 1 bonus) at any future time — 20,400 Research Points for all five.
3) In the same season, the player resets his KM cruiser line again, and again unlocks Free XP all nine ships. His Tier V through X ships thus can play for another RP award — an additional 10,200 Research Points for all five.
4) As his first reset of Season 2, the player resets his KM cruiser line for the third time, and again spends Free XP to unlock all nine ships. His Tier V through X ships thus accrue access to yet another double Research Points award (the Season 2 bonus) — 20,400 Research Points.
5) He then purchases his five Tier V-X ships and plays five Co-op games, all wins, thus earning a total of 51,000 Research Points to add to the 10,000 Research Points qualifying bonus, giving him 61,000 Research Points — enough to buy Colbert (57,000 Research Points).

He has spent roughly 2M Free XP, (assuming he buys no modules) ~51M Credits, and played 6 games. Elapsed time, about 2 hours total.

[36]
Members
27 posts
8,946 battles

I have read that, just want to be sure that buying and playing all the RB points-eligible ships except the 10 doesn't somehow trigger some "the player is playing through this line this time and therefore must play the 10 for those points" logic versus Free XP'ing through the whole thing and resetting. I'm confident that's not how it works, but I was hoping to get a yes/no answer from someone who has done it before I hit the button. 

In the Wiki example, the player gets 20,400 and 10,200 and 20,400. He's either FXP'ing through or playing through, every time. In my example, I'm asking if I'd get 26,400 on the next reset. I think the answer is yes.

Edited by Glarus

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,839 posts
4,771 battles

As far as I know, yes.

Sign in to follow this