Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Happy668

WG, can we have send captain back button?

10 comments in this topic

[WOLF1]
Members
2,948 posts

the recall button helps, but more useful is send captain back button, since most of the time, get a captain to a premium ship, after game, want to send captain back to the original ship, right now have to find the original ship (which is pain if you have lots of ships, btw can we have search ship function?), recall captain from there, it's pain in the neck, thank you

• Cool 2

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,783 posts

You can search for ships.  Click the funnel icon on the left over your ships in port. In the filter menu that appears, clock the magnifying glass in the upper right.  A text box will appear and you can search for ships by name.

[K-POP]
Members
4,854 posts
13,482 battles

Or, and here’s a really random suggestion that definitely wasn’t in the game before... maybe give us a menu when we right click on the commander portrait in port with options like ‘assign to ship,’ ‘send to reserve,’ and ‘dismiss’?

Having the recall button is nice so you can go to the primary ship later and not have to go searching through your premium ships to find him (and it saves a few clicks compared to having to click assign commander and then click the commander from the list), but an option to assign a commander to another ship from the ship he’s on like we could before would still be a nice feature to have. 

Edited by MidnightPhoenix07
  • Thanks 4

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,922 posts

i could support that, I use modstation and one of the mods is simple crew..   so now I have "Get primary crew back", "Assign commander", Recall Commander...

the only button missing is return captain to primary ship.. but that button should be commander level and not ship level, and I'd suggest make it available in the captain assignment screen.

[TORCH]
Members
697 posts
17,950 battles

Hey, a suggestion I agree with!  "Recall commander" is, indeed, a nice QoL improvement.  It's flip side, "Return commander to his previous ship" would be equally welcome.  And in my twisted mind, it seems like a win/win - a way WG could improve the game, without making ANYBODY mad.  I mean, think on it...how many people here in the forum are complaining about the new "recall" button?  Maybe a few haven't noticed it, but the rest of us love it.

Hey, @Hapa_Fodder, any chance you can throw this in the suggestion box?

[WOLFG]
Members
32,359 posts
10,021 battles
11 hours ago, Happy668 said:

the recall button helps, but more useful is send captain back button, since most of the time, get a captain to a premium ship, after game, want to send captain back to the original ship, right now have to find the original ship (which is pain if you have lots of ships, btw can we have search ship function?), recall captain from there, it's pain in the neck, thank you

You don't need to send the captain back to the original ship. Just put the new captain on the premium, and let the first commander sit in reserve until you actually want to play the original ship, (in which case you have to find it anyway) and then just use the recall.

Edited by Skpstr

Members
2,070 posts
12,694 battles
11 hours ago, Happy668 said:

I know I'm going to sound negative asking this but why do you need this feature? If you're not going to play the ship why does it matter where the captain is?

[WOLF1]
Members
2,948 posts
1 hour ago, Skpstr said:

You don't need to send the captain back to the original ship. Just put the new captain on the premium, and let the first commander sit in reserve until you actually want to play the original ship, (in which case you have to find it anyway) and then just use the recall.

i like to organize ships with all tech tree ships have their dedicated captains, and all premiums have no captains, if i leave dedicated captains on premiums, when i need tech tree, yes i can do recall, but there could be multiple captains for that ship, some could be in reserve, which one get recalled? with tons of ships, things can quickly get messy, i just prefer neat and clean...

[HMCSH]
Beta Testers
1,664 posts
21,903 battles
58 minutes ago, Happy668 said:

which one get recalled?

The one that was last in the ship.

[TORCH]
Members
697 posts
17,950 battles
20 hours ago, Happy668 said:

i like to organize ships with all tech tree ships have their dedicated captains, and all premiums have no captains, if i leave dedicated captains on premiums, when i need tech tree, yes i can do recall, but there could be multiple captains for that ship, some could be in reserve, which one get recalled? with tons of ships, things can quickly get messy, i just prefer neat and clean...

Exactly.

Sign in to follow this