You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
jags_domain

Realistically how many CV so you get? And how many times have you been hit?

27 comments in this topic

[SGSS]
Members
5,753 posts

People dont seem to under stand that I .being hyperbolic. 

I know there's 3 cv in every game. Every drop is perfect and even they finish dead last there always Op.

But reality is different.  I might see one every other or every 3rd.  Out of thought I might get hit once.  Yes there is the game I get focused but mostly its 1 or 2 passes and thats it.

Is it worth going full AA on us cruiser or French?  Or on BB's?

Edited by jags_domain
  • Thanks 2
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 2

Members
2,384 posts
52 battles

I've been trialing a near full AA build on my Worcester recently (haven't taken the 6th slot AA upgrade). So far I've only met a CV in 1 out of 5 matches and he was fairly terrible, whether it is actually effective thus remains to be seen.

On the flipside I haven't noticed any real change in CV capabilities when playing them against ships that I'm fairly sure had at least partial AA builds.

Edited by El2aZeR

[TSG4]
[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator
3,368 posts
17,012 battles
1 hour ago, jags_domain said:

I know there's 3 cv in every game

Do you have replay/s to support this statement?

Last I know its 1v1 or 2v2 CV NOT 3v3 :Smile_facepalm:

[CHA0S]
Members
241 posts
2,948 battles

there's 3 cv in every game

image.png.0baaf4d841af829d79040c4b84a3c37e.png

Don't forget the "constant spotting" and "continuous crossfires!"

• Haha 1

[SGSS]
Members
5,753 posts
8 minutes ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

I was being hyperbolic.

I dont have cv that often so not sure if going in full AA is worth it.

Edited by jags_domain
  • Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[GWG]
Members
7,396 posts
14,185 battles
1 minute ago, jags_domain said:

That was joking.  

Better hurry and try out modules/capt skills while you still have resets.

Tick... Tick... Tick...  Only have a couple days left.

Hint:  Try a training room against 3 Midways. 
Yeah, you'll get clobbered, but it's a good test of your systems to compare.

[KOBK]
Members
393 posts
5,089 battles
7 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

I was being hyperbolic.

Leave the skill points unearned of the ships you most use before the update. Theres no way to know what WG will do with the feedback they receive. I mean, they ignore it, but what conclusions they come? its a mistery

• Cool 1

[CLUMP]
Members
1,511 posts
2,170 battles
2 hours ago, jags_domain said:

I know there's 3 cv in every game. Every drop is perfect and even they finish dead last there always Op.

But reality is different.  I might see one every other or every 3rd.  Out of thought I might get hit once.  Yes there is the game I get focused but mostly its 1 or 2 passes and thats it.

Wargaming fixed it so 3 CVs per team in games are not possible anymore so stop spreading false information :fish_sleep: Also plane drops are not perfect especially with DB planes and rocket planes :fish_palm:

Edited by LastRemnant

[SGSS]
Members
5,753 posts
42 minutes ago, LastRemnant said:

Wargaming fixed it so 3 CVs per team in games are not possible anymore so stop spreading false information :fish_sleep: Also plane drops are not perfect especially with DB planes and rocket planes :fish_palm:

I know that but that what people say.  I was being hyperbolic

[PVE]
Members
7,867 posts
23,833 battles

I know that but that what people say.  I was being hyperbolic

Why...why were you being "hyperbolic"?

Why not just say what's on your mind w/out including crap that's just gonna turn the conversation into correcting your "hyperbolism"?

If you got something to say...man up & say it.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos
  • Cool 1
  • Meh 1

Members
2,384 posts
52 battles
4 hours ago, AVR_Project said:

Hint:  Try a training room against 3 Midways. 
Yeah, you'll get clobbered, but it's a good test of your systems to compare.

The value of the training room in testing AA builds against bots is actually nonexistent since bots do not dodge flak, as such even ships with some of the weakest AA can tally up a high amount of plane kills as your test with the Atlanta proves.

Edited by El2aZeR
  • Cool 1

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
4,207 posts
12,777 battles
9 hours ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

He's being sarcastic and he said so in his first sentence.

11 hours ago, jags_domain said:

Since the CO rework, I've seen less and less CVs. Before the pach, it was a CV every 1/3 battlea. Now I see a CV in ~1/7 matches. Given that you're guaranteed to be in an ASUW encounter every battle while not having a ship vs squadron encounter even when there are double CVs, it's not really worth running full AA builds unless your in a dedicated division that has a CV priority target, don't do it. 

I say don't do it, because if you can't overcome the enemy ship, or help your friendlys overcome the enemy, it won't matter if planes are xoming after younor not.

This is coming from someone who mains mostly AA specialty ships.

Edited by Crokodone

[SALVO]
Members
6,969 posts
5,510 battles

My guesstimate would be around 30% percent this weekend. I haven't been killed by a CV in a week at least, maybe 3 times the last month, and I feel I'm exagerating. I have not faced a competent CV player in weeks.

I'm using the 4th rank AA skill on cruisers as much as I can, sometimes coupled with modules if the base value is really good, usually CVs don't come for a second time and avoid me like the plague.

Members
2,069 posts
12,694 battles
36 minutes ago, Crokodone said:

Since the CO rework, I've seen less and less CVs. Before the pach, it was a CV every 1/3 battlea. Now I see a CV in ~1/7 matches.

That's just luck / time of day that you play. I've been getting CV around 80% of the time and double CV matches are much more common since the update.

[SGSS]
Members
5,753 posts
1 hour ago, Crokodone said:

He's being sarcastic and he said so in his first sentence.

Since the CO rework, I've seen less and less CVs. Before the pach, it was a CV every 1/3 battlea. Now I see a CV in ~1/7 matches. Given that you're guaranteed to be in an ASUW encounter every battle while not having a ship vs squadron encounter even when there are double CVs, it's not really worth running full AA builds unless your in a dedicated division that has a CV priority target, don't do it. 

I say don't do it, because if you can't overcome the enemy ship, or help your friendlys overcome the enemy, it won't matter if planes are xoming after younor not.

This is coming from someone who mains mostly AA specialty ships.

Thats all very true.

There will always been ships and torps but not always planes.

Spending 2 points is ok Especialy when there is not much on t2 slot.l, but 4 is out of the question.

Thanks!

[SGSS]
Members
5,753 posts
34 minutes ago, Rouxi said:

That's just luck / time of day that you play. I've been getting CV around 80% of the time and double CV matches are much more common since the update.

Really?

I wish I had that many.  I am normally in good AA ships and love the XP.

Its about 1 in 3 for me.

I had one 2 cv game in..... 2 weeks

[WOLFG]
Members
32,288 posts
10,008 battles
11 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

I've been trialing a near full AA build on my Worcester recently (haven't taken the 6th slot AA upgrade). So far I've only met a CV in 1 out of 5 matches and he was fairly terrible, whether it is actually effective thus remains to be seen.

I'm doing the same with Baltimore, (mainly because I can't find any better use for the points) and all I've gotten so far is T6 CVs, which a Balt can shred pretty easily without AA skills.

I suspect it will be a case of seeing greater effectiveness against planes that are attacking someone else, with little effect on planes attacking me.

[SGSS]
Members
5,753 posts
1 hour ago, Skpstr said:

I'm doing the same with Baltimore, (mainly because I can't find any better use for the points) and all I've gotten so far is T6 CVs, which a Balt can shred pretty easily without AA skills.

I suspect it will be a case of seeing greater effectiveness against planes that are attacking someone else, with little effect on planes attacking me.

Your right about what to take.  Heavy VA dont have a lot to take thats useful.

AA is a fall back position for sure.

T5 6 7 and 8 I get a fare amount but t9 and 10 no not much at all.

[PELTS]
Beta Testers
2,111 posts
28,763 battles
13 hours ago, jags_domain said:

I know there's 3 cv in every game...........................

I've told you a million time please don't exaggerate.:Smile_hiding:

[SGSS]
Members
5,753 posts
6 minutes ago, Merc85 said:

I've told you a million time please don't exaggerate.:Smile_hiding:

I was exaggerating to make a point at how CVDS (cv deragment syndrome) has taken over the forums for years.

Did have a valid question though about AA builds and if they are worth it.

Edited by jags_domain
  • Haha 1

[GWG]
Members
7,396 posts
14,185 battles
8 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

The value of the training room in testing AA builds against bots is actually nonexistent since bots do not dodge flak, as such even ships with some of the weakest AA can tally up a high amount of plane kills as your test with the Atlanta proves.

I can't argue with your superior experience here..  oh wait..  52 battles???  (yeah I know.. second account -- I have one too)

To quote Luke Skywalker, "Everything you said was WRONG."

The bots provide a known and unchanging factor in the test of new builds.  So if I change captain skills, or swap out a module, I can compare apples to apples in a controlled test.
We can't do that in co-op or Random.
The alternative would be to have a second account, with a second gaming PC to perform even more tightly controlled tests...   
Yes, I also have a second account and PC.  And I do that too.

DaringDamage_A.jpg

Members
2,384 posts
52 battles
7 hours ago, AVR_Project said:

I can't argue with your superior experience here..  oh wait..  52 battles???  (yeah I know.. second account -- I have one too)

This again?

https://wows-numbers.com/player/526953200,El2aZeR/

7 hours ago, AVR_Project said:

The bots provide a known and unchanging factor in the test of new builds.  So if I change captain skills, or swap out a module, I can compare apples to apples in a controlled test.

Yes, bots do not change their behavior. That is ironically precisely why they're worthless in testing AA because bots will never dodge flak and as such take high losses even against ships with terrible AA.

Just to make sure, you know how AA works, right?

[GWG]
Members
7,396 posts
14,185 battles
23 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

This again?

https://wows-numbers.com/player/526953200,El2aZeR/

Yes, bots do not change their behavior. That is ironically precisely why they're worthless in testing AA because bots will never dodge flak and as such take high losses even against ships with terrible AA.

Just to make sure, you know how AA works, right?

People who criticize without offering potential solutions are ....
TROLLS...

I know your crowd very well. 
You go around condemning good advise and advocate ignorance in a vain attempt to keep your scores high.
You don't want a smart, educated player base, since that would make you work harder to keep your purple colors.

[Y0L0W]
Members
374 posts
9,101 battles
3 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

People who criticize without offering potential solutions are ....
TROLLS...

I know your crowd very well. 
You go around condemning good advise and advocate ignorance in a vain attempt to keep your scores high.
You don't want a smart, educated player base, since that would make you work harder to keep your purple colors.

Offering solutions is not a requirement for criticism. 

He is correct in saying your method is not a viable way to test AA because bots will not dodge flak.

Since you obviously won't accept criticism without them offering up an alternative as well, get a friend who knows how to dodge flak and have him attack you. that's a much better way to test the effectiveness of your AA builds.

• Funny 1