Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Soshi_Sone

Brawling in the Biz at T9

24 comments in this topic

[T-D-M]
Members
68 posts
18,501 battles

All I see is a blank page Soshi.

***never mind video loaded with a couple of refreshes ***

Edited by M_113
refreshed brought up the video
  • Cool 1

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
29,858 posts
25,782 battles

I can't see the video, I have issues with this forum on viewing some media.

That said, I can easily see some Tier VIII Battleships smashing to pieces higher tier ones in a brawl.

Personal example was long ago when I first got my first Tier IX ship, Iowa.  I had just slogged through North Carolina grind.  Iowa was my first goal in the game.  I spent the FreeXP to quickly get the modules so I didn't play stock, spent the doubloons to retrain my NC captain -> Iowa.  I felt great, I felt bad a**!

hudsonultimatebadass.gif?w=1100&f=1&nofb

I get into my first Iowa game and early on I got a brawl opportunity against an NC player who promptly humbled me, showing Iowa's glaring deficiencies in that kind of fighting.

• Funny 1

[T-D-M]
Members
68 posts
18,501 battles

That was a nice match. Lots of secondary action and you finished the Lunar New Years mission with that battle. I hope you got something nice in the containers. I got camo's

[46856]
Members
1,922 posts

that would have been a 140k plus game in the old days you lost about 30-40k damage from secondaries due to the rework. - good work though.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,265 posts
12,219 battles

looks like a good match unfortunately I couldn't watch just to much zooming in an out . I have bad eyes and I was getting a headache but I love your style of play thanks for the video .

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,265 posts
12,219 battles

@Soshi_Sone I like the way you play I just hit the commander respec button . I have Jurgens and I have almost all the German premium BBs Tirpitz ,  Pomm ,  Scharn , Oden , I was wondering how to set up my unique commander skills I also like brawling . Do I need dead eye ??? Could you share your captain skill if you get a chance .

Edited by clammboy

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
6,342 posts
19,357 battles
1 hour ago, clammboy said:

looks like a good match unfortunately I couldn't watch just to much zooming in an out . I have bad eyes and I was getting a headache but I love your style of play thanks for the video .

Yeah...the zoom in/out is just how I've learned to play over the years.  It's a situational awareness thing.  In my early days, I got burned too many times zoomed in and missed a threat.  As time went on, I slowly developed the technique (without even realizing it per se) because I don't even notice when I'm In the game.  It has become an automatic thing without even a thought to do it.  I only first noticed it when I started making replays of my games.  My first replay, I was like.  "Wow, I zoom in and out a lot".  So even I notice it in the replay...but not in the game. 

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
6,342 posts
19,357 battles
1 hour ago, clammboy said:

@Soshi_Sone I like the way you play I just hit the commander respec button . I have Jurgens and I have almost all the German premium BBs Tirpitz ,  Pomm ,  Scharn , Oden , I was wondering how to set up my unique commander skills I also like brawling . Do I need dead eye ??? Could you share your captain skill if you get a chance .

As for Deadeye, I can't discount the veracity of those who can play the game well.  But I feel it is a very niche skill for niche ships and players who fully understand how to use it and have the skill to execute that undersrtanding.  My feeling is there are relatively few who meet all the conditions necessary to make it effective, so it is mostly a problematic skill.  The player makes the skill work, not vice versa. In all  my matches since Deadeye came out, I've yet to notice that I'm getting knocked around any more than previously.  As for me, I've never developed a very good long range accuracy skill, so I, somewhat ironically, don't mind a bit of shotgun effect at range.  Besides, I tend to look for cruisers at long range and the good ones maneuver well...so a shotgun spread is a virtue.  If you haven't mastered long range highly accurate shooting, Deadeye might be a step backwards.  But I'm sure there are some virtuosos that can play it well.  

As for the Pomm, I've yet to figure that ship out since the skill reset.  I run Lutz on it, but it just doesn't seem to do much for me.  Tier-for-tier bang for buck...he seems to fit the Bismarck.

My Lutz/Biz build is as follows:

Pyro, GtG, Vig, PT, LRSB, BoS, ISBA, FPE

MAM1, DCSM1, SBM1, SGM1, TLS

Edited by Soshi_Sone

[-AFK-]
Members
1,146 posts
15,252 battles
1 hour ago, crickethunter_brown said:

most likely against level 6 and 7s...

Haters gonna hate, 
winners post videos showin their talent. 

[CLUMP]
Members
1,515 posts
2,180 battles

No California :Smile_ohmy:

After watching the replay I see some people on the enemy team trying to use that deadeye skill and failing miserably   :Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by LastRemnant

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,265 posts
12,219 battles
1 hour ago, Soshi_Sone said:

As for Deadeye, I can't discount the veracity of those who can play the game well.  But I feel it is a very niche skill for niche ships and players who fully understand how to use it and have the skill to execute that undersrtanding.  My feeling is there are relatively few who meet all the conditions necessary to make it effective, so it is mostly a problematic skill.  The player makes the skill work, not vice versa. In all  my matches since Deadeye came out, I've yet to notice that I'm getting knocked around any more than previously.  As for me, I've never developed a very good long range accuracy skill, so I, somewhat ironically, don't mind a bit of shotgun effect at range.  Besides, I tend to look for cruisers at long range and the good ones maneuver well...so a shotgun spread is a virtue.  If you haven't mastered long range highly accurate shooting, Deadeye might be a step backwards.  But I'm sure there are some virtuosos that can play it well.  

As for the Pomm, I've yet to figure that ship out since the skill reset.  I run Lutz on it, but it just doesn't seem to do much for me.  Tier-for-tier bang for buck...he seems to fit the Bismarck.

My Lutz/Biz build is as follows:

Pyro, GtG, Vig, PT, LRSB, BoS, ISBA, FPE

MAM1, DCSM1, SBM1, SGM1, TLS

Hey thanks for getting back to me appreciate it . I though these German premiums are all pretty close in play style was hoping one 21 point commander could be good for all the premium BBs .

Edited by clammboy

Members
241 posts

I looked up Biz and Tirpitz on fitting tool to compare them.

Other than Tirp having torps it appears the only difference is the Biz is a half knot faster and  has 100 less hit points?

I'm I missing something?

Edited by BugsBunni
typo

[WOLFC]
Members
2,565 posts
11,054 battles
7 hours ago, BugsBunni said:

I looked up Biz and Tirpitz on fitting tool to compare them.

Other than Tirp having torps it appears the only difference is the Biz is a half knot faster and  has 100 less hit points?

I'm I missing something?

Bismarck has hydro.

Members
241 posts
25 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

Bismarck has hydro.

Ah yes, the consumables. That was all I could find though.

The Scharn and Gneinsenau secondary battery are different at tier 7, but do not see much difference with the tier 8 sisters in that respect. I thought I read somewhere the Biz has better AA at some point too, and that looks to be the same as well. 

[WOLFC]
Members
2,565 posts
11,054 battles
40 minutes ago, BugsBunni said:

Ah yes, the consumables. That was all I could find though.

The Scharn and Gneinsenau secondary battery are different at tier 7, but do not see much difference with the tier 8 sisters in that respect. I thought I read somewhere the Biz has better AA at some point too, and that looks to be the same as well. 

Yeah, Scharnhorst doesn’t get the uniform 128mm dual-purpose battery you see on B hull Gneisenau. Upon release, Bismarck had much better secondary range than Tirpitz, but Tirpitz was buffed not long after to have the same range. IIRC, Bismarck did used to have slightly better AA, but the two ships might have been given the same AA with the CV rework.

Members
241 posts
10 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

Yeah, Scharnhorst doesn’t get the uniform 128mm dual-purpose battery you see on B hull Gneisenau. Upon release, Bismarck had much better secondary range than Tirpitz, but Tirpitz was buffed not long after to have the same range. IIRC, Bismarck did used to have slightly better AA, but the two ships might have been given the same AA with the CV rework.

Yes, that is what I'm seeing too. Thanks for chiming in Nevermore.

Soshi: Sorry, about hijacking your thread.

[ARGSY]
Members
23,385 posts
17,319 battles
13 hours ago, crickethunter_brown said:

most likely against level 6 and 7s...

You didn't even use your eyes. The post-battle result screens were supplied two posts before yours; the matchmaking was T7, T8, T9 and he sank one of each.

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
6,342 posts
19,357 battles
8 hours ago, Nevermore135 said:

Bismarck has hydro.

And it's really really important when you push up.  It even helps the little guys that are up front with ya.  It stacks with vigilance.  There's a reason those 27 torps I spotted didn't connect.

Edited by Soshi_Sone

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
29,858 posts
25,782 battles
1 hour ago, Soshi_Sone said:

And it's really really important when you push up.  It even helps the little guys that are up front with ya.  It stacks with vigilance.  There's a reason those 27 torps I spotted didn't connect.

Another old story regarding Battleships + Hydro.

When the German BB Line had just come out years ago, I vividly remember having this game as part of a 3 ship Division.  What I remember was one of the guys in the Div was a hardcore DD player and was playing Shimakaze.

He had spent a lot of time stalking, trying to kill this one guy in his brand new GK.  I remember him complaining on Discord that his torps just weren't hitting.

Me:  "You didn't know?  Later tiers of German Battleships got Hydro.  I think GK has Hindenburg's really nice Hydro."

And the Shima player just about flipped his sh*t, thinking BBs getting Hydro was a big load of [edited].

=====

I know some BB players were very allergic to the notion of taking torpedo hits.  They'd couple that Hydro and stack it with Vigilance.  If a behemoth like GK with Hydro can dance around 15 fish in the water, a smaller, nimbler Bismarck with Hydro running easily can, if the player knows what they're doing.

I used to absolutely love doing Torpedo Beats with Alabama.  Agile Tier VIII Battleship.  The very short hull made it easy to dance around torpedoes and if any did hit, the high TDS mitigated a lot of the damage.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
6,342 posts
19,357 battles
15 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

I know some BB players were very allergic to the notion of taking torpedo hits.  They'd couple that Hydro and stack it with Vigilance.  If a behemoth like GK with Hydro can dance around 15 fish in the water, a smaller, nimbler Bismarck with Hydro running easily can, if the player knows what they're doing.

Yeah....Biz is really nimble...and with Hydro can beat a lot of torps.  Had 33 the other day..and if I recall, they were all at me and it was a fine thread a few times. 

[ARGSY]
Members
23,385 posts
17,319 battles

When I got my Bismarck, I was credit-poor. I had the old Target Acquisition Module that I'd picked up from one of the campaign missions, and it was all I had to put in Slot 5. It was also a Torpedo Acquisition Module, IIRC, and I milked the hell out of that sucker in 1v1 Ranked before WG finally retired it shortly afterwards. I reckon some DDs must have had a few "Oh s***" moments when my hydro had run out and they thought they were safe in smoke. :cap_haloween:

Nope. Busted them at 3km when they couldn't see me yet and had nobody else to spot for them. HE in the guns from the very start, and BOOM, dead DD.

Sign in to follow this