You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ArIskandir

Sorry, I can't get mad at WG

17 comments in this topic

[SALVO]
Members
6,935 posts
5,502 battles

It is true, whenever I feel things are turning for the worse, as time turns out my grievances are washed away in a bounty of fun and goodies.

I was a bit salty about PT going up to 2 points, it was the sore spot for me and the rework but in the end, the rework is a lot more than PT and overall I prefer it to have happened than not. I still manage to fit in PT whenever I need it, and the free respecs and retrains alone have paid for my salt.

Recently, I was criticizing the last phase of the Anshan event as too heavy on credits for the F2P crowd. First, it was my fault not realizing the last phase has 2 extra days, then as if intended to shut my mouth I was granted a container with 3 Premium days and on top of it 200% daily bonus for the weekend. Of course Anshan sits already in my port and that last container had a Wukong in it, go figure. 

My last gripe is them messing around with Ranked and spoiling the T8 fun in Bronze, and that's me being selfish. T8 might get screwed but T9 fun is guaranteed. I might be dissapointed because I still have a lot of T8 grind to do (a fellow forumer reminded me I get extra XP by playing undertier, he is totally right it is actually better for my grind), but for a lot of guys that enjoy playing T9 the season in Bronze is gonna be a blast, and probably for me too once I get down on the ropes.

So, at least for me, getting mad at WG would be a supreme act of hipocrisy, I still get a lot of fun and they keep piling tons of goodies on my port just for playing their game.

• Cool 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 5

[PVE]
Members
10,914 posts
18,890 battles

What ever will be,

will be.

I never get mad,

I play PVE.

My contribution to the Deck Poets.

Edited by Sovereigndawg
  • Cool 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,221 posts
22,791 battles

My disappointment has left me unimaginably uncaring about this game. I figure I am in withdrawals now after having stopped playing, cold turkey, a bit over 2 weeks ago. I will continue to lurk on the forums but nothing has come close to enticing me to login to the client...

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 1

[WOLF9]
Members
1,134 posts
23,033 battles

I also am a PVE player, and I have to admit, many of these changes don't really affect me overall in the Coop world.  CVs are still fairly clumsy, Red Commanders are still running around as they did pre-rework, etc.  The bots still do their usual 'cheating', like have salvos that hit your citadel no matter what you are doing, and can launch torps after sinking (so I am being prepped for subs).

There are some things I have to adjust, and do.

I have to say that I still enjoy the game.  Looking forward to the RM BBs next patch.  Hoping they are not completely meh, or at least, similar to the last few line releases where the T10 is a monster.  I did commit to spending less this year than last year, and keeping to it so far.

Members
712 posts

WG will do whatever they think is in their best business interest. Some will like it, some will adjust, others will just walk away for something else. I'm not going to tell anyone else where or how to spend their money or time. I have found something else. Haven't played in about 3 days. Maybe in a month or three when things settle, I'll give it another try. For now, it lost it's appeal for me.

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
11,771 posts
10,923 battles
44 minutes ago, crickethunter_brown said:

the ship is a piece of junk it is no better then the same ships in its class in the stock levels try comparing them ownce its called a waste of time.

?

[SALVO]
Members
6,935 posts
5,502 battles
1 hour ago, crickethunter_brown said:

the ship is a piece of junk it is no better then the same ships in its class in the stock levels try comparing them ownce its called a waste of time.

It is a premium, it can run T6 Ops, it can train and retrain my PA captains, it was free and sits now in my port, I'm a simple guy, that's enough for me.

[PVE]
Members
5,091 posts
22,511 battles
1 hour ago, ArIskandir said:

It is a premium, it can run T6 Ops, it can train and retrain my PA captains, it was free and sits now in my port, I'm a simple guy, that's enough for me.

Low expectations I guess.....??

Alas, what was, is lost and no more.  What we have is less than where we started......  A loss.  So, for me, very little left to play or do.  A Part/Time game to study where it goes.  And, a reason to seek changes this year, beyond the game. 

If you enjoy broken games........more power to you but, you'll find yourself playing alone in the long run.........  No one wants a broken game that can not generate "faith" in their products......  And, history repeats itself.........let the exodus begin.........so let it be said, so let it be done......

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[NWOC]
[NWOC]
Members
1,055 posts
13,792 battles
4 hours ago, Khafni said:

My disappointment has left me unimaginably uncaring about this game. I figure I am in withdrawals now after having stopped playing, cold turkey, a bit over 2 weeks ago. I will continue to lurk on the forums but nothing has come close to enticing me to login to the client...

Yo Khafni, pretty much the same here. I still play, but around 80% less time spent in game. 

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
6,935 posts
5,502 battles
7 hours ago, Asym_KS said:

Low expectations I guess.....??

Yes, and playing for free is a big factor too. This game is really good for F2P, it gives you almost everything.

Also, keeping the investment low helps to avoid sunken cost fallacy, you are detached enough to drop the game if you are not really enjoying it. 

• Sad 1

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,919 posts

i was too busy raging on the WOW forums after the shtshow that is Shadowlands released...   made my i quit post over there, and it actually looks like changes are coming over there, likely due to a huge dropoff in subs.

I am not attached to this game enough to find anything at all to rage about game play wise.. though.. if i play enough randoms i will find something!!!  .. ops back to coop i go...

[CDOH]
Members
774 posts
8,202 battles

Sounds like you have completed the 7 stages of Grief.  Congrats!  you have leveled up.   I am still on Depression. 

Edited by Rothgar_57
  • Funny 1

[YORHA]
Members
5,271 posts
10,490 battles

If you really want to see what's wrong with this game have a look at the OP post. As of 12:00 ET there were 5 people who down voted his post.  Think about that.

Someone posts that he is actually enjoying the game and that his initial take on the rework may not have been well thought out and 5 people feel the need to jump in to give him a thumbs down for not hating the game. The problem with the game isn't the skills rework, CVs, fire spam, OP ships, smoke, radar, deep water torps, stealth firing, lack of stealth firing, Russian bias or any of the other game ending things that the game has somehow survived.

The problem is some of the people playing the game.

Edited by JCC45
  • Cool 2

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,919 posts

i took a year off come back, and the same people saying they were quitting because of cv's a yr ago.. ermm well they are still posting on the forum, now quitting or 'reducing their play' because of cv's and DE

[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,813 posts
7,511 battles
8 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

If you really want to see what's wrong with this game have a look at the OP post. As of 12:00 ET there were 5 people who down voted his post.  Think about that.

Someone posts that he is actually enjoying the game and that his initial take on the rework may not have been well thought out and 5 peoplefeel the need to jump in to give him a thumbs down for not hating the game. The problem with the game isn't the skills rework, CVs, fire spam, OP ships, smoke, radar, deep water torps, stealth firing, lack of stealth firing, Russian bias or any of the other game ending things that the game has somehow survived.

The problem is some of the people playing the game.

Not sure its necessarily the players in game..  IMO It's just pretty typical of those that inhabit forums.  In any game forum I've ever frequented, a large majority just feel the need to rage constantly.  if you like the game....  you rarely feel a need to share that.    Forums as a rule are filled with this same thing, anguish and despair.   If I was a guessing person, I'd say most of the posters here who are constantly spamming negative and derogatory content, have done the same thing in virtually every forum they haunt.   It's the nature of the beast.   A good many forum posters.. enjoy forums as much as they enjoy games.   Sometimes the negative diatribe is the entertainment.  Self importance, pretty much tells them that anyone who doesn't share their exact view of the anguish, must be less informed or incapable being "Gud" enough to understand it.