You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Trooper_Thorn

Penalty on Crash

11 comments in this topic

[AXANR]
[AXANR]
Members
64 posts
7,534 battles

I had a crash at the start of a battle and when I got back in the battle was over and I get a 3 battle penalty. If that is not frustrating enough the second battle in the screen locks up and and game crashed again, I get back in and now it is 9 battle penalty. This is why I no longer will purchase premium time or premium ships because of the way WG treats it players. It was not my fault it was a crash of the game. I have a new PC that is way above the requirements for this game. I understand that y'all want to stop guys from joining a game and trying to farm points but for someone like myself that has a crash it is a royal screwing for me. I have been here since the beginning and I went through game problems that kept me from playing and now this? 

Edited by Trooper_Thorn
miss spelling
  • Meh 1

[TSG4]
[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator
3,366 posts
17,006 battles

It sound more likely that your connection, however it could also be WG server side

Can you use the WGC to do the integrity check and update if it found error -

Can you also check with your ISP to make sure no disturbing in the area or network update -

9 games you can quickly dust off in CoOp

[WORX]
Members
12,638 posts
19,907 battles
7 minutes ago, Trooper_Thorn said:

I had a crash at the start of a battle and when I got back in the battle was over and I get a 3 battle penalty. If that is not frustrating enough the second battle in the screen locks up and and game crashed again, I get back in and now it is 9 battle penalty. This is why I no longer will purchase premium time or premium ships because of the hay WG treats it players. It was not my fault it was a crash of the game. I have a new PC that is way above the requirements for this game. I understand that y'all want to stop guys from joining a game and trying to farm points but for someone like myself that has a crash it is a royal screwing for me. I have been here since the beginning and I went through game problems that kept me from playing and now this? 

Apparently, you did not attempt to return to the match in time.. (based on your claims)... If you returned, no warning is issued. 

I recommend

• Check on you firewall settings...
  • Update and install correctly your drivers for..
    • CPU
    • GPU
    • Bios
    • Windows
  • Check your connection and reset as needed.

Its not the server's fault... If it was, everyone in the server would experience the same thing..

GL

Edited by Navalpride33

[WOLFG]
Members
32,288 posts
9,988 battles
31 minutes ago, Trooper_Thorn said:

I have a new PC that is way above the requirements for this game.  

All that means is that the game will run smooth and look pretty. It doesn't mean the game will run well.

Conversely, you can play on a toaster, and have the game a pixelated slideshow, but never crash or have issues.

Nowadays, it's all but guaranteed that, regardless of the requirements, or skill of the programmers, there will be people with system configs that have issues with any game. Simply because there's a near-infinite combination of hardware, software, and configurations. And unless you really know what you're doing, you can't do anything about it.

I don't know if it's made a difference, but whenever I get a new gaming PC, it does nothing else, everything that is not related to gaming is either disabled and uninstalled, (I don't even run any AV software) and other than occasional rare connection issues, I never have problems with any games. (except for RDR2, sometimes it starts in windowed mode, (takes up about half the screen) and I have to change the resolution to fix it, and then change back to the resolution I want)

Edited by Skpstr

[RAGE]
Members
2,004 posts
9,095 battles

Have you done a file integrity check?  I was having frequent crashes yesterday and the day before. I removed my Aslains mods, did an integrity check which updated 1 file.  Made sure the game was running smoothly then reinstalled mods and haven't had a crash since. 

[NOVUM]
Members
119 posts
5,486 battles
1 hour ago, Trooper_Thorn said:

I had a crash at the start of a battle and when I got back in the battle was over and I get a 3 battle penalty. If that is not frustrating enough the second battle in the screen locks up and and game crashed again, I get back in and now it is 9 battle penalty. This is why I no longer will purchase premium time or premium ships because of the way WG treats it players. It was not my fault it was a crash of the game. I have a new PC that is way above the requirements for this game. I understand that y'all want to stop guys from joining a game and trying to farm points but for someone like myself that has a crash it is a royal screwing for me. I have been here since the beginning and I went through game problems that kept me from playing and now this? 

Months ago, the same happened to me 3 times over the course of two days: Crashed while joining a match. Restarted the game, crashed again. Restarted, crashed again. Waited 10 minutes or so for the match to end and the game restarted fine. But I had a penalty for leaving the game early AND for being AFK. (not sure how you do both of those). Worked fine for a few matches but then later that day crashed again while joining with same results. Then the same thing happened the next day after a few games.

Fixed it by uninstalling and reinstalling the game. Has worked fine for months.

Edited by BitCrushed

[REVY]
Members
2,631 posts
14,437 battles
3 hours ago, Trooper_Thorn said:

3 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

Apparently, you did not attempt to return to the match in time.. (based on your claims)... If you returned, no warning is issued. 

I recommend

• Check on you firewall settings...
  • Update and install correctly your drivers for..
    • CPU
    • GPU
    • Bios
    • Windows
  • Check your connection and reset as needed.

Its not the server's fault... If it was, everyone in the server would experience the same thing..

1 hour ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

Have you done a file integrity check?  I was having frequent crashes yesterday and the day before. I removed my Aslains mods, did an integrity check which updated 1 file.  Made sure the game was running smoothly then reinstalled mods and haven't had a crash since. 

As everyone has been saying, verify that the issue is not on your own computer or ISP before putting it on the WG server.

Not everyone's computer is equal and even the most up to date computers can have issues

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
2,512 posts

We are also in storm conditions that are extrodinary as I write this in the southern USA.

Arkansas is a power generation state on coal and nuclear not far from here and the winds have not yet picked up. Which is the main cause of power systems being destroyed in storms winter. Texas for example has maxed out if not over maxed on imported power forcing rotating blackouts around the State, I think Dallas was off yesterday for a time. So datacenters and such on the internet must be struggling with the situation.

Whatever happens to disrupt the internet will happen between you and the game server in bad weather such as this. I understand everyone from Texas all the way to essentially New Jersey are experiencing this weather this week. And the midwest, chicago (Where north America's Wows server is I think) could also be disrupted from time to time.

Just my two cents. I never play online during storm conditions in games that punish for a disconnect through whatever reason online like wows does. They do not make any distinction between your computer crashing, your power failing or the internet itself tossing the traffic flow. You are out of the game itself and then punished by the Wows system automatically if you cannot return prior to game end.

Once burnt twice shy. In a few days all of this will clear out and things will improve. But not until then. If I had to be online like now, I tether the smart phone USB to the computer direct to the few cell towers in range for direct fiber optic connection. Way stronger and faster than my crappy router etc.

Members
5,651 posts
10,984 battles

WG can't know your PC crashed...  There can be a million reasons for crashing even with a new PC so to say it was not you without doing your due dilligence is premature.

[FLTF1]
Members
287 posts
7,841 battles
On 2/14/2021 at 8:36 PM, Trooper_Thorn said:

no longer will purchase premium time or premium ships

dude, what you talking about? your computer is dying, you need to purchase PC PARTS, not prem time and ships. Fix your pc and you will not crash any more.