You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

Minnesota the Deadeye Brawler.

7 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
23,388 posts
17,330 battles

Put Deadeye on the Minnesota captain and headed out to see what I could do. I did this...

See, taking Deadeye on your BB doesn't HAVE to mean that you stay at long range. Also, sailing broadside to a battleship? That's a paddlin'.

• Cool 1

Members
1,916 posts
27,782 battles

Just removed Deadeye and support modules/skills from the 'sodaboat/captain. I'm a danger to no one at long range and a loss of effective big guns to my own team. I salute your superior skill with this skill.

Edited by theLaalaa

[CAAT]
Members
1,030 posts
4,626 battles
46 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Put Deadeye on the Minnesota captain and headed out to see what I could do. I did this...

See, taking Deadeye on your BB doesn't HAVE to mean that you stay at long range. Also, sailing broadside to a battleship? That's a paddlin'.

Yeah, I personally use Dead Eye at mid-range, but it's no "brawler", really, not like a good secondaries build (well, BEFORE the nerf to secondaries accuracy, of course). The gameplay IS much more dynamic at midrange though, as you can now push instead of sitting there sniping for days in the back. Of course, you CAN snipe in the back, it is a lot safer to do so, you don't risk Dead eye being removed rather easily by some ship slipping into your detection range. Buuuut where's the fun in that right? XD

[ARGSY]
Members
23,388 posts
17,330 battles
1 minute ago, SaiIor_Moon said:

Yeah, I personally use Dead Eye at mid-range, but it's no "brawler", really

The point I was trying to make is that I was in a BB with Deadeye fitted, but was still doing a lot of short range work. If I'd tried to play this battle at 13km or more the whole time, it would have been an automatic loss.

[CAAT]
Members
1,030 posts
4,626 battles
4 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

The point I was trying to make is that I was in a BB with Deadeye fitted, but was still doing a lot of short range work. If I'd tried to play this battle at 13km or more the whole time, it would have been an automatic loss.

I usually consider 10-15km as "midrange", tbh. On Minnesota, the lowest you can get her concealment down to is...13.8km? So in order to use Dead Eye at all, you would HAVE to be more than 13.8 km out anyways. UNLESS you're just REALLY lucky and all the DDs and CLs/CAs can't detect you at all XD 

But yes, obviously you'd do a lot of "short range work" under 13km with Minnie, no doubt. That's with or without Dead Eye, of course.

[ARGSY]
Members
23,388 posts
17,330 battles
1 minute ago, SaiIor_Moon said:

So in order to use Dead Eye at all, you would HAVE to be more than 13.8 km out anyways.

Yeah, this is the point - you have to be willing to let the skill go sometimes if you want to get stuff done.

[CAAT]
Members
1,030 posts
4,626 battles
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Yeah, this is the point - you have to be willing to let the skill go sometimes if you want to get stuff done.

Yep, buuut everyone's so afraid of losing Dead Eye 'cause it IS a powerful buff. So much so that it causes them to play in a manner that probably won't benefit the team as much, than if they just stuck it out and capped. honestly, I still say they should just change the condition of Dead eye to a reload time penalty or something. OR better yet, remove that fire and flooding duration penalty off of Super Heavy AP shells and tack that onto Dead Eye instead! So you're more accurate, buuuut you're gonna burn and flood a lot longer.