You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
iRA6E

Snowflake Reminder

13 comments in this topic

[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,817 posts
7,512 battles

Just a heads up.. Snowflake event ends 2/17. So will need them done before server end 2/16 to be on safe side.   Grind them if you got em.  

• Thanks 6

[FORM]
Members
310 posts
2,171 battles
42 minutes ago, iRA6E said:

Just a heads up.. Snowflake event ends 2/17. So will need them done before server end 2/16 to be on safe side.   Grind them if you got em.  

Yup, worked my way up the French cruiser line, got the last tier 10 I can possibly get. Total score, got rewarded big too!

20210214112953_1.thumb.jpg.61b48bc0f8019e7c1e5bfd0e2e861e35.jpg

• Funny 2
  • Haha 1

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,919 posts

i said i wasn't gonna snowflake my dd's  ... the handful that i have because.. well they are dd's...  i almost never play dd's i don't know all the ins and outs of them and i don't really want to. (i despise dd's more than some around here despise cv's)

i saw this post and said ok why not a few quick games in coop, figured they would turn into yolos but i wanted the coal...

well of course once the shooting started i figured I would play it out...

2 straight losses in Gremy... in coop....  with no more than a single bot on our side...

i'll go back to the bigger guns lol

[WOLFG]
Members
32,288 posts
10,008 battles

I forgot all about that still running, until I received Yubari last night.

[RLGN]
Members
15,657 posts
27,382 battles
1 hour ago, SKurj said:

i said i wasn't gonna snowflake my dd's  ... the handful that i have because.. well they are dd's...  i almost never play dd's i don't know all the ins and outs of them and i don't really want to. (i despise dd's more than some around here despise cv's)

i saw this post and said ok why not a few quick games in coop, figured they would turn into yolos but i wanted the coal...

well of course once the shooting started i figured I would play it out...

2 straight losses in Gremy... in coop....  with no more than a single bot on our side...

i'll go back to the bigger guns lol

Unless you team is complete soggy powdered potatoes, destroyers (destroyers with smoke at least,) are easy mode in Co-op.

Sounds like you believed the stories about just charging up to the bots and torping them to death.

I tend to play a bit more cautiously.

Smoke up, then support others (green bots or players,) and burn and blast the small fry, then run away and repeat, or start maneuvering to torp ambush the biguns.

Yolo charge is for when you have a bot battleship target with no other Red bot support, or when the (sometimes multiple) bot BBs are distracted by your Green friends.

Scored consistently three kill games in various destroyers last night.

Last night was exceptional, I’ll admit, but a ‘negative result’ is normally just a low damage win.

Smokeless DDs require more patience and finesse, but I win Co-ops consistently in those as well.

After 15k Co-op I think I’ve got the measure of WG’s bot programming at all tiers.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,919 posts
3 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Unless you team is complete soggy powdered potatoes, destroyers (destroyers with smoke at least,) are easy mode in Co-op.

Sounds like you believed the stories about just charging up to the bots and torping them to death.

I tend to play a bit more cautiously.

Smoke up, then support others (green bots or players,) and burn and blast the small fry, then run away and repeat, or start maneuvering to torp ambush the biguns.

Yolo charge is for when you have a bot battleship target with no support.

Scored consistently three kill games in various destroyers last night.

Last night was exceptional, I’ll admit, but a ‘negative result’ is normally just a low damage win.

Smokeless DDs require more patience and finesse, but I win Co-ops consistently in those as well.

After 15k Co-op I think I’ve got the measure of WG’s bot programming at all tiers.

i was one of the last to die in both matches, and got kills.. i am just not a fan of them...  the only time i usually pick them up is when i am really bored .. usually the last week or so before spring hits and I am out of here!

• Cool 1

[GWG]
Members
7,396 posts
14,187 battles

Thinking of all the T8 & T9s I can buy back and exploit for the steel.   Thinking...   Thinking....  

Hey..  I don't even need a captain anymore.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,664 posts
25,147 battles
15 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

Thinking of all the T8 & T9s I can buy back and exploit for the steel.   Thinking...   Thinking....  

Make sure to put a zero pointer in a ship at least. That way you get the 5% bonus to ECXP and if you end up playing him for enough flake events, you can sell him off for even more XP. There really is no downside to using one in your ship. 

• Cool 1

[WOLFC]
Members
3,200 posts

Thanks for the reminder.  Decided to finish the grind to Nevsky ... only needed about 30k XP.  Bought just a few modules, a cheap camo, and threw on a couple of signals and unspec'd Captain for a quick CoOp game ...

Spoiler

Nevsky.thumb.jpg.c9c92df86b02f761f4c0be4c383d9c40.jpg

Ended up top of the team with 3 kills :Smile_veryhappy: I think I'm gonna like this ship!

But best of all was the 2500 coal in the Santa crate!

santacoal.jpg

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
2,524 posts
1 hour ago, AVR_Project said:

They killed off that pathway to one buy back per month.

Never mind the michavellian plotting by the players to boost their game economy. The devs are ahead of the game.

[GWG]
Members
7,396 posts
14,187 battles
5 hours ago, xHeavy said:

They killed off that pathway to one buy back per month.

Never mind the michavellian plotting by the players to boost their game economy. The devs are ahead of the game.

Seattle, Izumo, Ibuki.....

All de-snowflaked for 249 steel.  Cost me about 45 Million credits.
Credits are 'funny money' anyway.

[GWG]
Members
7,396 posts
14,187 battles
6 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

Make sure to put a zero pointer in a ship at least. That way you get the 5% bonus to ECXP and if you end up playing him for enough flake events, you can sell him off for even more XP. There really is no downside to using one in your ship. 

Turns out the Izumo had a 12 pointer and the Ibuki had an 11 pt in reserve I never retrained.
Seattle got a zero and ended up a 1 pointer after 1 battle.  I got to choose face and name and found a clever one.

[FORM]
Members
2,208 posts
13,223 battles

I've been buying and clearing the last few ships I still have to do to get the coal I can. Ships like Tier 7 DDs cost about 4.5M, sell back for 50% after flaking it... so, around 2.2M for 825 coal (750 + 75 can bonus.) The value is even better at tier 6 & 5 for the cost of coal. 

This site is where I get the info, you have to ok your account to share the info, but it's been up for years and works well. https://whaling.in.fkn.space/ 

Edited by TheArc
  • Cool 1