Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.

8 comments in this topic

[TF501]
Members
12 posts
1,630 battles

I am sick and tired of playing in a Tier7 battle and seeing Tier 9 DDs. Is there a way to make matchmaking a little more fair? Say Tiers 1-2, 3-4, 5-6, 7-8, 9-10? can only be matched up?Tier7 is a death wish!

Edited by ScruffyNut
spelling
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[HINON]
Members
14,009 posts
39 minutes ago, ScruffyNut said:

I am sick and tired of playing in a Tier7 battle and seeing Tier 9 DDs. Is there a way to make matchmaking a little more fair? Say Tiers 1-2, 3-4, 5-6, 7-8, 9-10? can only be matched up?Tier7 is a death wish!

So I could be top tier everytime just by playing the even tiers? Talk about screwing the odd tiers.

[TWWB]
Members
116 posts

Doubtful and what is your ultimate goal here?

Is this because you (or your team) keep(s) dying/loosing at the hands of DD's? Not saying this is the case but it's very likely that you or your team isn't being very supportive, not providing adequate coverage by leaving open spots for enemy transversal and/or ignoring the DD's until late into the game, or are not adjusting aim/gameplay as needed... Regardless of which one(s) apply matchmaker is not at fault here

DD's while they can be annoying (and very often are overlooked by a lot of people until it is way too late) are not all powerful and die rather easily. I have played tier 7 DD's in a match with Tier 9/10 ships and did quite well with some adjustments on my gameplay style. Vice versa can be said also... Playing Tier 7 ships against tier 9 DD/etc is very much possible.

Also you might want to take a peek at the wiki page, it will explain a bit more on how matchmaker works.

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Matchmaking

Edited by scoots76

[Y0L0W]
Beta Testers
353 posts
8,964 battles
58 minutes ago, ScruffyNut said:

dd's are the least effected by MM bud, i would much rather be a t7 dd in a t9 game then any other class (i'm a DD main btw) still looking at been up tiered and focus on why your not doing well. Focus on when and why your dieing and how you can play different.

If your a torp dd play safer and just try and get those torps off with out taking damage.

If your a gun boat setup somewhere you can farm a bb with smoke ect and angle away where torps are going to come from.

I play the mahan alot and love it farming from smoke suits the way i like to play and yes most of them are in Tier 9 games.

[Edit] i just read what you said again do you mean your in a t7 bb? if so yeah thats nasty lol.

Tier 7 gets crap MM these days its so tier 8 can have better match making.

Edited by EraserNZ1

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,922 posts

isn't there a mechanism in place that once you have 20+ battles behind you the MM will try to match you as top/mid/low something like 20%/40%/40% of the time sort of thing?  this was fact a year or so ago (not including queue dumps), but I took a break for awhile.

[PVE]
Members
7,881 posts
23,881 battles
1 hour ago, SKurj said:

isn't there a mechanism in place that once you have 20+ battles behind you the MM will try to match you as top/mid/low something like 20%/40%/40% of the time sort of thing?  this was fact a year or so ago (not including queue dumps), but I took a break for awhile.

Yes...after 20 battles you will only be uptiered by 2 tiers in only 40% (8 in 20) of your battles...but that never guarantees you to be top tier...you can still be uptiered by only 1 tier in all the rest (that doesn't actually happen...but it can...just saying there's no guarantee of being top tier ever).

But it does handle OP's specific complaint in 12 out of 20 battles...after the initial 20 game calibration period (which can...& most often does...see you uptiered by 2 tiers in all but a couple battles just due to most others already having completed their calibration requirements & you being 2 of the few that cancel grabbed up by MM to fill the higher tier queues...

But it does make for a chance to farm some better XP in those initial battles by shooting back at those higher tier ships.

• Cool 1

[KOBK]
Members
394 posts
5,112 battles

Well, i dont like this +2-2 mm but it doesnt look like WG is going to do something with it.

Maybe for DDs this doesnt have a large impact, but its a different history if you are a T7 CL or BB facing T9 opponents. And while the match as also some ships of the same tier, im my experience they play wise and stay behind the high tiers so its hard to reach them

[WORX]
Members
12,638 posts
19,907 battles
3 hours ago, ScruffyNut said:

Is there a way to make matchmaking a little more fair? Say Tiers 1-2, 3-4, 5-6, 7-8, 9-10? can only be matched up?Tier7 is a death wish!

Yes there is... Mainly, for WG to stop offering OP/over capable WG products and for us the consumer, stop buying them.. Maybe then will MM stop being the scapegoat...

MM Is the victim not the culprit.

Sign in to follow this