Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Whiskey_Rebel

So ... no changes to the skills reset before the end of free respecs?

15 comments in this topic

[FRR]
Members
862 posts

Probably none. 

Aside from demounting upgrades on tech tree ships, I'll reset all captain skills again except for those I've promoted to 21 points already. 

[HINON]
Members
14,009 posts
7 minutes ago, Hukom said:

Just so you're aware, the reset all captains button is a single use. If you've already used it, you'll have to manually reset each captain.

[FRR]
Members
862 posts
34 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Just so you're aware, the reset all captains button is a single use. If you've already used it, you'll have to manually reset each captain.

Oh I am well aware of that, thank you. And not all of these 19 pointers have been configured after I used that reset button, so it will not be a chore to reset those captains I've chosen moving forward to 0.10.1.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,783 posts
51 minutes ago, Hukom said:

Probably none. 

Aside from demounting upgrades on tech tree ships, I'll reset all captain skills again except for those I've promoted to 21 points already. 

Just curious, why are you going to demount all your upgrades?  Not being snarky or anything, was just thinking about what could be gained from redoing them all if I did and the only thing I came up with is the maybe due to the secondary changes and maybe people want to remove those?

[FRR]
Members
862 posts
8 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

Just curious, why are you going to demount all your upgrades?  Not being snarky or anything, was just thinking about what could be gained from redoing them all if I did and the only thing I came up with is the maybe due to the secondary changes and maybe people want to remove those?

I can either sell them or use them on ships that I will eventually get. No added value if they remain mounted on ships that I play only when there's a snowflake or similar event.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,783 posts
Just now, Hukom said:

I can either sell them or use them on ships that I will eventually get. No added value if they remain mounted on ships that I play only when there's a snowflake or similar event.

Ah, I understand now.  Thank you.

[PVE]
Members
7,889 posts
23,881 battles
1 hour ago, Burnsy said:

Ah, I understand now.  Thank you.

IOW...strip them off all of your port queens & you'll have a stock pile for new ships w/out having to buy new ones for them.

[PVE]
Members
7,889 posts
23,881 battles
2 hours ago, Whiskey_Rebel said:

Just checking - I don't see anything on the launcher news panel.

Nothing will be official until it is announced in Dasha's update video (or in the notes in the article).

Even if there's no direct changes to any of the skills there may be a bunch of individual ship balancing changes that may get announced so make sure to check the video before dropping a bunch of resources/cash to alter a bunch of stuff & be prepared to reset any commanders while still free to do so for potential better builds after any changes that might get announced Tuesday.

[SWOLF]
Beta Testers
807 posts
8,555 battles
2 hours ago, RipNuN2 said:

where is this button? i manually reset all my captains at the start of the update, and would kind of like to use this button to make sure i didnt miss any of them before the update ends?

[K-POP]
Members
4,851 posts
13,468 battles
8 minutes ago, GX9900A said:

where is this button? i manually reset all my captains at the start of the update, and would kind of like to use this button to make sure i didnt miss any of them before the update ends?

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/general-news/commander-skills-update/

Scroll all the way to the bottom

• Thanks 1

[KWF]
Members
5,805 posts
7,013 battles
23 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Nothing will be official until it is announced in Dasha's update video (or in the notes in the article).

Even if there's no direct changes to any of the skills there may be a bunch of individual ship balancing changes that may get announced so make sure to check the video before dropping a bunch of resources/cash to alter a bunch of stuff & be prepared to reset any commanders while still free to do so for potential better builds after any changes that might get announced Tuesday.

Based on this week's EU community livestream they weren't able to get their hands into concrete data yet; Crysantos stated that on the upcoming community stream they would have some official announcements on the skill rework. Could be corporate PR talk or truth, feel free to interpret it as you see fit, however I doubt skill changes will be added on the upcoming patch. Besides that way people won't be able to benefit from free skill resets if anything drastic changes.

Still, it should be prudent as you say to do a total reset, or just keep a couple of commanders on the most played ships.

Edited by warheart1992

[PVE]
Members
7,889 posts
23,881 battles
55 minutes ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

Ditto on...

39 minutes ago, GX9900A said:

thank you

Have seen the link posted a dozen times but now it's at he top of my notifications page so I can do it tonight & not miss out...

Have all sorts of crazy builds due to snowflakes/speccing for mission objectives/ad-libbing to try new things/etc...

Made sure to save that reset all option until the last minute as I heard early it was only gonna be a 1 time thing.

[PVE]
Members
7,889 posts
23,881 battles
48 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Based on this week's EU community livestream they weren't able to get their hands into concrete data yet; Crysantos stated that on the upcoming community stream they would have some official announcements on the skill rework. Could be corporate PR talk or truth, feel free to interpret it as you see fit, however I doubt skill changes will be added on the upcoming patch. Besides that way people won't be able to benefit from free skill resets if anything drastic changes.

Still, it should be prudent as you say to do a total reset, or just keep a couple of commanders on the most played ships.

Call me cynical...but due to the "reset all" button not going until the end of the update I've been predicting something that will make you really wanna have the option to occur in the 11th hour...just because.

Sign in to follow this