Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Bilgetwidget

OK Wargaming, you win.

23 comments in this topic

[NONE]
Members
3,777 posts

Ahoy there, PvE shipmates!

I always said that in spite of CV Reborks, commander reborks, the Great NTC Rebellion, Puerto Rico, Crategate, and the subs coming *soon*  that I would keep playing as long as Co-op was still fun for me. Sadly, that day has come. Gonna be hanging it up for awhile, probably for good.

The other games I play have new content I actually like, and it's just plain annoying to try to grind the Kagero when all MM gives me is lone DD versus these :etc_swear: tuned-up bot CV's. My health is failing, and time, even game time, is precious.

I've really enjoyed the Co-op community over the years. Hope you guys still find some fun and keep the atmosphere chill and friendly. And no, you can't have my stuff. @Hapa_Fodder, try to keep this rabble squared away.

Fair winds and following seas, mates. See you on Fiddler's Green.

Boatswain's Mate of the Watch, pipe the side. Lieutenant Commander, United States Naval Reserve, departing. :Smile_honoring:

Edited by Balon_Greyjoy
  • Cool 25
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

[USCC2]
Members
6,450 posts

Never say never sir - and I see you did state 'probably'.

So I will wish you well and hope in future the game is able to provide something to bring you back. :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 3

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,265 posts
12,219 battles

Good luck sir hope your feeling better and you find your way back to the game soon . 

• Cool 3

[_I_]
Members
341 posts

Sorry to see you go, mate, but that's just the way of it I suppose. Games and people do change, don't they?

Your perspective as an actual naval officer will be missed, I'm sure.

Best of luck, old boy. May your rum be sweet and your ladies sweeter.

• Cool 7

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,919 posts

nothing wrong with that!

randoms trigger me too often...   and coop can often feel unrewarding, and boring... when it does, i go do other stuff...  but the subject matter always brings me back eventually.

• Cool 2

[WPORT]
Members
8,118 posts
13,166 battles
2 hours ago, Balon_Greyjoy said:

I always said that in spite of CV Reborks, commander reborks, the Great NTC Rebellion, Puerto Rico, Crategate, and the subs coming *soon*  that I would keep playing as long as Co-op was still fun for me. Sadly, that day has come. Gonna be hanging it up for awhile, probably for good.

The other games I play have new content I actually like, and it's just plain annoying to try to grind the Kagero when all MM gives me is lone DD versus these :etc_swear: tuned-up bot CV's. My health is failing, and time, even game time, is precious.

I've really enjoyed the Co-op community over the years. Hope you guys still find some fun and keep the atmosphere chill and friendly. And no, you can't have my stuff. @Hapa_Fodder, try to keep this rabble squared away.

Boatswain's Mate of the Watch, pipe the side. Lieutenant Commander, United States Naval Reserve, departing. :Smile_honoring:

Fair winds and following seas.

• Cool 1

Members
228 posts
802 battles
3 hours ago, Balon_Greyjoy said:

Fair winds, shipmate, and thank you for your service. :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 5

Beta Testers
3,290 posts
26,945 battles
4 hours ago, _WaveRider_ said:

Never say never sir - and I see you did state 'probably'.

So I will wish you well and hope in future the game is able to provide something to bring you back. :Smile_honoring:

I left the game 10 days ago with 402 ships going to collect dust.  Found a new game by accident called Rise of Kingdoms and got hooked playing it on my table top computer................met players in that games clan from all over the world kind of interesting ......................

• Cool 4

[USCC2]
Members
6,450 posts
32 minutes ago, Tachnechdorus said:

I left the game 10 days ago with 402 ships going to collect dust.  Found a new game by accident called Rise of Kingdoms and got hooked playing it on my table top computer................met players in that games clan from all over the world kind of interesting ......................

Must admit, I play to the 2 crates and leave. Some days it seems more an auto pilot thing, than a want to actually play.

Events aren't eventful, you win the same things you do every other day - just the Event crate looks different.

No new maps, no sorting old Ops, no new Ops, no new modes. Just the continuous churn of new ships to buy.

Thankfully there are plenty of other things to do. I have enjoyed the game - just not so much now. :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 7

[PVE]
Members
5,095 posts
22,557 battles
9 hours ago, Balon_Greyjoy said:

Hooah Sir  !!!   the Honor is yours;............proceed and dock at the "Green"  --  you are clear this net.........out.

PS.  Visit the Cavalry side of the Green and I'll buy a round for you and introduce you to some mates of mine who are already scouting there..........they are all bug-arsed-nuts and will be there till we all shake hands, have a toast to all we were and then, the Summerlands for those of the old faith to meet with kin.........

• Cool 3

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
9 hours ago, Balon_Greyjoy said:

And WG drives off another good one. 

• Cool 3
  • Meh 1

[CO-OP]
Members
2,826 posts
28,416 battles

Sorry to hear about your health issues.  I hope that you can enjoy what time you have left.  

• Cool 1

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,919 posts

i missed the failing health part...  my earlier response could have been better..  make the most of what you have man

• Cool 3

Members
112 posts
3,074 battles

Taking a break is sometimes a good thing.  I hope you can use this time to improve your health, and one day return.

O7

[WOLF9]
Members
4,678 posts
On 2/14/2021 at 11:33 AM, _WaveRider_ said:

Must admit, I play to the 2 crates and leave. Some days it seems more an auto pilot thing, than a want to actually play.

Events aren't eventful, you win the same things you do every other day - just the Event crate looks different.

No new maps, no sorting old Ops, no new Ops, no new modes. Just the continuous churn of new ships to buy.

Thankfully there are plenty of other things to do. I have enjoyed the game - just not so much now. :Smile_honoring:

Yup. and it doesn't help that I now own ALL of my long term goal ships, and all the ones I really wanted.

Now that Fletcher and Bourgogne are in my port, there's nothing else I really want.   Not enough to put up with the current meta, anyway.

• Cool 3

[-AGW-]
Beta Testers
195 posts
13,147 battles

I fully understand where the OP is coming from. I myself just finished mothballing my entire fleet save two, my Dante Alighieri (which after a couple thousand more XP to unlock the T5 when it becomes a regular Tech Tree ship will be mothballed too) and my Hsienyang. These are the only lines at the moment I haven't completed. Well, if you leave CVs out of the picture...

All my captains except the two assigned to those ships have been reset. All modules on every single one of my 120ish ships removed (again, except those two). After tomorrow, when I think I'll be finished with the D. Alighieri I'll be a once a day, one battle player for a while I guess. Just grab my Hsienyang bonus match and maybe a crate or two and be gone. 

I'll monitor these boards and see if anything changes but my desire to play right now is right at the bottom of my list of things to do each day. It's pretty much been that way since they convinced me there will be no new scenario battles or even a return of the ones they pulled.

GJ WG, drive away the old folks. Hope for your sake you get enough new blood (and fresh whale meat) to make up the difference but... I have my doubts.

Edited by xamdam
  • Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[XG]
Members
345 posts
25 minutes ago, xamdam said:

I fully understand where the OP is coming from. I myself just finished mothballing my entire fleet save two, my Dante Alighieri (which after a couple thousand more XP to unlock the T5 when it becomes a regular Tech Tree ship will be mothballed too) and my Hsienyang. These are the only lines at the moment I haven't completed. Well, if you leave CVs out of the picture...

All my captains except the two assigned to those ships have been reset. All modules on every single one of my 120ish ships removed (again, except those two). After tomorrow, when I think I'll be finished with the D. Alighieri I'll be a once a day, one battle player for a while I guess. Just grab my Hsienyang bonus match and maybe a crate or two and be gone. 

I'll monitor these boards and see if anything changes but my desire to play right now is right at the bottom of my list of things to do each day. It's pretty much been that way since they convinced me there will be no new scenario battles or even a return of the ones they pulled.

GJ WG, drive away the old folks. Hope for your sake you get enough new blood (and fresh whale meat) to make up the difference but... I have my doubts.

Wargaming hates PvE and basically only tolerates it. Looks like they're willing to let it die by slow attrition. Oh well this ain't the only show in town.

• Cool 4

Sign in to follow this