You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SaveMeTomCruise

Warning to new players

56 comments in this topic

Supertester
4,177 posts
4,643 battles
11 minutes ago, SaveMeTomCruise said:

WG will find a way to nerf whatever you spend money on be it premiums or tech tree. 

Have you uh, ever played any f2p game? Or game in general?

• Funny 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 9

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,268 posts
12,229 battles

Is it a full moon there really out there tonight ? 

Edited by clammboy
  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Thanks 1

[SIM]
Members
5,789 posts
9,263 battles

I wonder which brand of adult beverage was responsible for this drivel?

• Funny 4
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 2

[ARS]
Beta Testers
5,772 posts
6,019 battles
2 hours ago, SaveMeTomCruise said:

Do not spend money on this game.  WG will find a way to nerf whatever you spend money on be it premiums or tech tree. 

None of my premiums have been nerfed.  Sometimes changed in ways I didn't apricate, but never nerfed.  This is no different than any online game.  I still miss cure disease on my Shaman in WoW, but the difference is that there was no player revolt when Blizzard made those changes.  Despite this game having a very high average player age, the player base is the most entitled, self centered and childish I have ever encountered.

• Thanks 3
  • Meh 6

[-AFK-]
Members
1,146 posts
15,261 battles
12 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

I wonder which brand of adult beverage was responsible for this drivel?

I would got the route of bad life experiences and childhood trauma. 
But I read into things way too much.

[FML]
Members
4,157 posts
16,067 battles
2 hours ago, SaveMeTomCruise said:

Do not spend money on this game.  

Agreed. But I completely disagree with your rationale. 

The reason you don’t need to spend money on this game is because WG is unusually generous with free premium ships, being able to earn useful things like port slots and flags from playing the game, and all sorts of random goodies. For more info, see here: 

Lighten up, OP. 

• Cool 2
  • Meh 1

[USCC2]
Members
6,458 posts

Well, technically speaking his warning rings true, in 4 years I don't believe I have a ship that hasn't been nerfed somehow.

However, it is nothing that WG doesn't tell us themselves, albeit in their EULA, in small writing amongst many other things lol - nothing belongs to us, they can change what they want, and history has shown us they have.

WG have also indicated the success of CVs is paramount above everything else - they declined to reply when asked if that meant balance too.

So the warning is not technically required, everything has already been promulgated and is well know.

• Cool 2

Members
4,098 posts
44,150 battles

Maverick: Hey Goose...

Goose: Yes, Mav.

Maverick: He's lost that loving feeling.

You never close your eyes when you YOLO B and you detonate.

You get nervous when I drop AP like the Rain 🌧️.

Though you try not to show it.

WG chorus: Bayyyybayyyy!

You run away mad and fire HE like I blew it.

You've lost that loving feelinggggg.

Whoaahhhh, that loving feelinggggg.

You've lost that loving feeling now it's gone, gone, gone, whoaahhhh, Neoooo.

Baby, baby, I put on Dead Eye just for youuuu.

I snipe your cruiser from afar and citadel it toooooo.

WG chorus: Uh yeah, he sure did it gud!

Don't walk away,WG might nerf that somedayyyy.

Probably, next month or maybe on tax dayyyy.

Bring back that loving feelingggg.

Whoah, that loving feelingggg.

It will be a good feeling cause its fun, fun, fun, and engaging.

Maverick: Okay Goose, lets play some volleyball with Iceman and Wolfman.

Goose: Okay Mav, but we are really out of shape.

• Funny 3
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 1

[TORCH]
Members
697 posts
17,920 battles

Lots of irrational anger and hyperbole here.  So much that it nearly obscures the one nugget of wisdom.  New players, you don't have to spend ANY money on this game.  You can get everything you need to play the game, and enjoy it, for free.  My personal feeling is that, if you like the game, you should send WG a few bucks from time to time, but that's just me.  In 2-1/2 years of playing WoWS, I've spent exactly $20, and still managed to accumulate nearly 90 ships in my port.  And that's after selling back maybe a half-dozen.  I could have gotten more, and gotten them sooner, by spending lots of money, but I have better uses for my retirement account.  Obviously, that's a value judgement, and your judgement may differ from mine.  Nothing wrong with that.

Edited by Midshipman_Hornblower
  • Cool 6

[TRU]
Members
730 posts
21,392 battles
7 hours ago, SaveMeTomCruise said:

Do not spend money on this game.  WG will find a way to nerf whatever you spend money on be it premiums or tech tree.  If you play this game only play CV class as this is the class least likely to get needed.  Dont even free xp to high tiers as you won't find enjoyment.  Don't spend money to quickly get a new line tier10.  It will be overpowered in the beginning but later be merged once the gravey train runs out.  Bottom line have n but free fun spending money only leads to dissatisfaction.  I know this post will get banned or people will just say I'm bitter.  Don't make my mistake 4.5 yrs later.  If one of you listen then this message is worth it.

So when WG makes a change to your beloved ship in question, it only affects the one in YOUR port?  

After that many games you are finally done...and with that reasoning?   

Looking back over the last 5+ years in the forums reveals a lot of:

1. Game is dying because of the "crisis of the day" (such as intro to radar, stealth fire, CVs)

2.  I'm taking my wallet and toys home and that will destroy WG and "really show those meanies."

Conclusion: You should save your anger and outrage for totally worthy things like the Puerto Rico event.  Even then, you get to choose to buy it, grind it, or not care and collect some free rewards along the way.   

• Cool 1
  • Haha 1

[SALVO]
Members
7,012 posts
5,525 battles
5 hours ago, Helstrem said:

Despite this game having a very high average player age, the player base is the most entitled, self centered and childish I have ever encountered.

Precisely. For (many) elderly people, change, any change is a bad thing. One step closer towards the end. Younger audiences have other issues but are not as opposed to changes.

[NAVAL]
[NAVAL]
Members
239 posts
13,802 battles
6 hours ago, Helstrem said:

None of my premiums have been nerfed.  Sometimes changed in ways I didn't apricate, but never nerfed.  This is no different than any online game.  I still miss cure disease on my Shaman in WoW, but the difference is that there was no player revolt when Blizzard made those changes.  Despite this game having a very high average player age, the player base is the most entitled, self centered and childish I have ever encountered.

you obviously don't own any secondary build ships... 

• Funny 1

[USCC2]
Members
6,458 posts
27 minutes ago, syp_twiz said:

you obviously don't own any secondary build ships... 

I doubt if what he said was true, possibly his interpretation makes him think that. However: a nerf is a change to a game that downgrades the power, effectiveness or influence of a particular game element in the attempt to achieve balance.

So if he has a ship that had a torpedo ability then the flood nerf affected it. If he has a DD that was nerfed with the Open Water Fire change, then it was a nerf. If he bought a 152mm ship that he used IFHE skill on then it was nerfed. If he had the Kidd or Atlanta before the AA changes then it was nerfed. If he had a ship that used to be able to hide to within 2km before the change of smoke dynamics then it was nerfed. Does he have a French or US secondary ship where it used to be able to pen 32mm but now can't.

Then you have other elements in game, that are changed not to specific ships, but rather the environment. So more radar, or hydro, or planes, or spotters will affect the ability (on a sliding scale) to ships that depend on concealment.

And on and on and on.

I am not going to comment about the right or wrong of the changes; I agreed with many - but they were nerfs nonetheless, whether @Helstrem wishes to see them that way or not.

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
2 hours ago, mpwardawg said:

Conclusion: You should save your anger and outrage for totally worthy things like the Puerto Rico event. 

The skill rebork is probably worse for the game than PR. 

At least events can be ignored.

[WOLFG]
Members
32,294 posts
10,021 battles
10 hours ago, SaveMeTomCruise said:

Bottom line have n but free fun spending money only leads to dissatisfaction.  

I disagree. All my T10s are in old lines, and they at just fine. I also have never been dissatisfied with the money I've spent on premium account.

I do agree about buying premium ships, but that holds true for any game out there. If what you bought unbalanced the game, you're a fool if you don't expect a nerf of some sort.

Members
1,185 posts
1,692 battles

Warning to new players:

This player is known as a "troll." He will try to spread hate & pessimism about the game simply because developer decisions did not favor him. Most opinions matter, but a troll's opinion is irrelevant. Carry on. :cap_tea:

• Cool 1
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 3

[-BCO-]
Members
1,844 posts
3,398 battles
8 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

Precisely. For (many) elderly people, change, any change is a bad thing. One step closer towards the end. Younger audiences have other issues but are not as opposed to changes.

Yes....and no. Maybe I can shred a little light on this matter. Many people play this game and this game only. They are not gamers per se and one of the appeals of this game to them is, that it isn't as fast paced as others, instead requires a degree of planning and thinking, and evaluating situations. Plus it is a naval game, there is the historic appeal and also navy's are renowned for their respect for traditions and conservatorship. They are not the 'whatever dude" generation and many things don't take as lightly as other.... gamers would do. They cherish this game precisely because of that and that's for what they are here for.They set up their ships,worked for that  and want to have fun under those conditions. Weegeee messing with those......is incredibly stupid and idiotic.They are absolutely clueless what makes this game special for them,what is this game's appeal to them and why they are playing it.

Weegee in their infinite dumbness and ineptness, try to run this company as a game company, instead of running it like a "hobby" company.

• Cool 5
  • Boring 1