Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
HeidiAngel

Deadeye was not the problem!

33 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

712
[TIGRB]
Members
392 posts
1,908 battles

Hello Boys and Girls!

Hope you all well, safe and healthy,,,,,,,,all except ONE of you!

Thats right, One of you I wish many years of sitting at the bottom of the Atlantic with salt water taste forever stuck in your mouth. May all the Hermit crabs, eels and other sharp teeth and clawed nasties feast upon your water soaked carcass! You know who you are! I have seen you on here and mark my words, ONE day I will find you in battle! 

Deadeye killed me but that was not the problem. Advancing in my Bayard toward B cap a German Tier 10 DD was in front. CV planes were coming and I told the DD to turn to me so that My AA could cover him. He did and immediately I shot down 4 planes and he got the others with very little damage done by those rockets. Good Teamwork I'd say.

Then, we advanced to B cap and an enemy DD started to cap it. I asked DD to pop his smoke as Many Big Nasties [ BB.s ] were lurking 18 to 20 k in the back waiting. Well my good German Friend Von FrankenChicken turned without putting down smoke and he RAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you all guess what happened next? I was detected while trying to retreat and a Big Nasty who sitting in back licking his chops, Fired his guns and SMOOSH! Next thing I know, Cap, Fishy and I were all swimming around, surrounded by freaking sharks with laser beams on their heads!

So, to Captain FrankenChicken know this. If it takes 60 years don't be surprised if an Old Grandmother by that time, sails out from behind an island and Smooshes you into itsy bitsy splinters. When that happens, Don't complain or whine or call names. I will not forget and you are mine! BTW, Look below at a preview of your future.

Heidi Has Spoken.

 

barham_01.jpg

  • Cool 8
  • Funny 5
  • Haha 2
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,175
[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,268 posts
12,229 battles
1 hour ago, HeidiAngel said:

Hello Boys and Girls!

Hope you all well, safe and healthy,,,,,,,,all except ONE of you!

Thats right, One of you I wish many years of sitting at the bottom of the Atlantic with salt water taste forever stuck in your mouth. May all the Hermit crabs, eels and other sharp teeth and clawed nasties feast upon your water soaked carcass! You know who you are! I have seen you on here and mark my words, ONE day I will find you in battle! 

Deadeye killed me but that was not the problem. Advancing in my Bayard toward B cap a German Tier 10 DD was in front. CV planes were coming and I told the DD to turn to me so that My AA could cover him. He did and immediately I shot down 4 planes and he got the others with very little damage done by those rockets. Good Teamwork I'd say.

Then, we advanced to B cap and an enemy DD started to cap it. I asked DD to pop his smoke as Many Big Nasties [ BB.s ] were lurking 18 to 20 k in the back waiting. Well my good German Friend Von FrankenChicken turned without putting down smoke and he RAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you all guess what happened next? I was detected while trying to retreat and a Big Nasty who sitting in back licking his chops, Fired his guns and SMOOSH! Next thing I know, Cap, Fishy and I were all swimming around, surrounded by freaking sharks with laser beams on their heads!

So, to Captain FrankenChicken know this. If it takes 60 years don't be surprised if an Old Grandmother by that time, sails out from behind an island and Smooshes you into itsy bitsy splinters. When that happens, Don't complain or whine or call names. I will not forget and you are mine! BTW, Look below at a preview of your future.

Heidi Has Spoken.

 

barham_01.jpg

You need to get out more . 

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,668
[HINON]
Members
8,689 posts
12,684 battles

as the old saying goes "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned"

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
315
[TOG]
Members
221 posts
11,381 battles

Your posts are awesome and fun to read Heidi. 

You bring humor and light to our forums.

Keep Smooshing!!!

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
487
[WOLFG]
Members
671 posts
14,271 battles
5 hours ago, HeidiAngel said:

 

 

barham_01.jpg

Hmm... thought all the pictures of me getting explosive diarrhea that time while swimming underwater were destroyed...

  • Funny 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,068
[WORX]
Members
12,638 posts
19,907 battles

My lady, its not the the first or the last time, you're going to be "disappointed" by a guy.

Why would anyone disappoint you on Valentines Day? Life is just Unfair...

Poem..

Spoiler

Unfair life

 

Moments in life seldom fair
destiny to some unfair
luck to some coins toss
fate to some never to end loss
a few do bear the unfair pain
the rest doth await for spoils gain
vultures circle a dying prey
human life an unending grey
hurt were the innocent and simple
pains of time lines of old age wrinkle
where doth tis unfairness end
a few till grave in turmoil spend
poor and rich in life unfair
sickness and health in life unfair
many hath asked the question why
yet the answer elusive and shy
held in the heart truth despair
silent tears life unfair

 

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
712
[TIGRB]
Members
392 posts
1,908 battles
4 hours ago, BCGrog said:

Your posts are awesome and fun to read Heidi. 

You bring humor and light to our forums.

Keep Smooshing!!!

Thank you!

images.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
4,098 posts
44,150 battles
8 hours ago, HeidiAngel said:

Hello Boys and Girls!

Hope you all well, safe and healthy,,,,,,,,all except ONE of you!

Thats right, One of you I wish many years of sitting at the bottom of the Atlantic with salt water taste forever stuck in your mouth. May all the Hermit crabs, eels and other sharp teeth and clawed nasties feast upon your water soaked carcass! You know who you are! I have seen you on here and mark my words, ONE day I will find you in battle! 

Deadeye killed me but that was not the problem. Advancing in my Bayard toward B cap a German Tier 10 DD was in front. CV planes were coming and I told the DD to turn to me so that My AA could cover him. He did and immediately I shot down 4 planes and he got the others with very little damage done by those rockets. Good Teamwork I'd say.

Then, we advanced to B cap and an enemy DD started to cap it. I asked DD to pop his smoke as Many Big Nasties [ BB.s ] were lurking 18 to 20 k in the back waiting. Well my good German Friend Von FrankenChicken turned without putting down smoke and he RAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you all guess what happened next? I was detected while trying to retreat and a Big Nasty who sitting in back licking his chops, Fired his guns and SMOOSH! Next thing I know, Cap, Fishy and I were all swimming around, surrounded by freaking sharks with laser beams on their heads!

So, to Captain FrankenChicken know this. If it takes 60 years don't be surprised if an Old Grandmother by that time, sails out from behind an island and Smooshes you into itsy bitsy splinters. When that happens, Don't complain or whine or call names. I will not forget and you are mine! BTW, Look below at a preview of your future.

Heidi Has Spoken.

 

barham_01.jpg

You can pm the name of this player to me.

I know some players that don't like dereliction of duty and all.

They will even be really "nice" to the frankenchicken and explain the error of their ways with AP, HE, bombs, torpedoes, and rockets.

They won't charge a thing. We will even toss in the bucket.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,050
[WPORT]
Members
8,130 posts
13,173 battles

Merely to ascertain there is no possible defense for the *accused*, I ask the following question:  Are there any configurations of German DD's without smoke-generators?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
712
[TIGRB]
Members
392 posts
1,908 battles
9 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Merely to ascertain there is no possible defense for the *accused*, I ask the following question:  Are there any configurations of German DD's without smoke-generators?

No, It was a Z-52 which according to warship wiki has smoke.

Edited by HeidiAngel
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,050
[WPORT]
Members
8,130 posts
13,173 battles
12 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Merely to ascertain there is no possible defense for the *accused*, I ask the following question:  Are there any configurations of German DD's without smoke-generators?

I just checked the wiki pages.
All German DD's of Tier-4 through Tier-10 are equipped with smoke generators.  The Bayard is Tier-8.

 

Quote

No, It was a Z-52 which according to warship wiki has smoke.  - @HeidiAngel

Edited to add:  We were doing the research at the same time, it would seem

Edited by Wolfswetpaws

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
7,361 posts
17,407 battles

2 of my self imposed rules at getting better. 

1. Never expect a random player to do what you think they will do. 

2. Never put yourself in a position that only turns out good for you if a random player does what you request or expect them to do. 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
251
[RCNW6]
Members
425 posts

You don't *appear* to be considering the possibilities that the Z-52:

1.) had chat turned off

2.) if his/her chat was turned on, didn't notice your request for a smoke screen

3.) didn't understand that it was a legitimate request (players do tend to abuse the F8 key from time to time)

4.) had more immediate priorities on his/her mind

"Benefit of the doubt" is a powerful tool for betterment of everybody's day. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
712
[TIGRB]
Members
392 posts
1,908 battles
25 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I just checked the wiki pages.
All German DD's of Tier-4 through Tier-10 are equipped with smoke generators.  The Bayard is Tier-8.

 

Edited to add:  We were doing the research at the same time, it would seem

Yes, I was in a tier 10 Battle with my Bayard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
712
[TIGRB]
Members
392 posts
1,908 battles
8 minutes ago, DuckyShot said:

2 of my self imposed rules at getting better. 

1. Never expect a random player to do what you think they will do. 

2. Never put yourself in a position that only turns out good for you if a random player does what you request or expect them to do. 

Don't ask a DD to pop smoke so that neither of us can be seen? I am sorry if I am ignorant but are teams not supposed to support one another as I supported him with AA fire? As soon a B cap was starting to be taken by an enemy DD he turned and ran. Sorry Sir, but I will never do that to a team mate of mine even if I am killed. If I am in the dd [ No Radar was involved in this btw ] I will pop my smoke for both of us.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
712
[TIGRB]
Members
392 posts
1,908 battles
7 minutes ago, WaywardVariable said:

You don't *appear* to be considering the possibilities that the Z-52:

1.) had chat turned off

2.) if his/her chat was turned on, didn't notice your request for a smoke screen

3.) didn't understand that it was a legitimate request (players do tend to abuse the F8 key from time to time)

4.) had more immediate priorities on his/her mind

"Benefit of the doubt" is a powerful tool for betterment of everybody's day. 

His chat was on. I didn't use f8 key, I typed the request for smoke. His play for the rest of the game was the same. He went over to the next cap,,,A cap,,would not try to cap it. The only time he attacked anything was when a very Low Health Des Moines was spotted and he hit it with his guns scoring a kill which is fine. At the end of the game he was second to the bottom of the board. That is exactly what happened during the game. But somehow I seem to have been in the wrong? Your 4 points seem to be reaching for any type of excuse for him NOT to be a good team player. Had more immediate priorities on his/her mind? Yes he did, avoid battle, run away as fast as you can and leave team mate to be detonated even though he had the means to prevent himself or I from being spotted. Their was no radar used btw. Anyway, I hope you have a great day.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,385
[WOLFG]
Members
32,294 posts
10,021 battles
20 minutes ago, DuckyShot said:

2 of my self imposed rules at getting better. 

1. Never expect a random player to do what you think they will do. 

2. Never put yourself in a position that only turns out good for you if a random player does what you request or expect them to do. 

As a dedicated solo player, I have to agree with my fellow Canuck.

 

  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
7,361 posts
17,407 battles
14 minutes ago, HeidiAngel said:

Don't ask a DD to pop smoke so that neither of us can be seen? I am sorry if I am ignorant but are teams not supposed to support one another as I supported him with AA fire? As soon a B cap was starting to be taken by an enemy DD he turned and ran. Sorry Sir, but I will never do that to a team mate of mine even if I am killed. If I am in the dd [ No Radar was involved in this btw ] I will pop my smoke for both of us.

I didn't say not to ask, but don't expect them to do what you want. You tried and when it didn't happen you died, your experience proved me right. Always have 2 exit plans and don't go to where 2 exit plans don't exist. 

That begs the interesting question. What is support and playing for the team? It's different for each player, my version of support looks very selfish, but it helps my teams win. Is it better for me to smoke up myself or a good player who knows what to do with it or smoke up a solid red player who doesn't care, goes right through it, gets killed anyways, now I'm without a smoke screen for when I might actually need it, or because I don't have a smoke screen, might not play as close to detection range as I might if I had a smoke screen?

In this case I would play (if possible) closer to an island and then I could duck behind it if the dd doesn't smoke when I ask.

Edited by DuckyShot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
251
[RCNW6]
Members
425 posts
15 minutes ago, HeidiAngel said:

His chat was on. I didn't use f8 key, I typed the request for smoke. His play for the rest of the game was the same. He went over to the next cap,,,A cap,,would not try to cap it. The only time he attacked anything was when a very Low Health Des Moines was spotted and he hit it with his guns scoring a kill which is fine. At the end of the game he was second to the bottom of the board. That is exactly what happened during the game. But somehow I seem to have been in the wrong? Your 4 points seem to be reaching for any type of excuse for him NOT to be a good team player. Had more immediate priorities on his/her mind? Yes he did, avoid battle, run away as fast as you can and leave team mate to be detonated even though he had the means to prevent himself or I from being spotted. Their was no radar used btw. Anyway, I hope you have a great day.

You didn't specify all that information in your opening post.

I didn't say you were in the "wrong" , what I said was that you didn't APPEAR to be considering those possibilities, that appearance was based on the information you initially provided.

I generally give players the benefit of the doubt rather that ascribing malicious intent or negligence unless of course they give me overwhelming evidence to the contrary, tends to produce less stress for everybody involved.

You have a great day as well. 

 

Edited by WaywardVariable
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
712
[TIGRB]
Members
392 posts
1,908 battles
1 minute ago, Skpstr said:

As a dedicated solo player, I have to agree with my fellow Canuck.

 

A dedicated Solo Player in a team game? Oxymoron. 

  1. a figure of speech in which apparently contradictory terms appear in conjunction. 
     
    I guess it is beyond me as maybe I am too young still. I will say this, I hope to join the Navy someday as my Father did. I certainly would not want a Yolo Captain in the fleet I am sailing with. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
712
[TIGRB]
Members
392 posts
1,908 battles
4 minutes ago, DuckyShot said:

I didn't say not to ask, but don't expect them to do what you want. You tried and when it didn't happen you died, your experience proved me right. Always have 2 exit plans and don't go to where 2 exit plans don't exist. 

That begs the interesting question. What is support and playing for the team? It's different for each player, my version of support looks very selfish, but it helps my teams win.

In this case I would play (if possible) closer to an island and then I could duck behind it if the dd doesn't smoke when I ask.

I was close to an Island. But before I could get to it Yamato did it's thing and Bayard quickly blew up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,385
[WOLFG]
Members
32,294 posts
10,021 battles
10 minutes ago, HeidiAngel said:

His chat was on. I didn't use f8 key, I typed the request for smoke.

To be fair, did he speak any English in chat?

A poor player who speaks English will often respond to requests. One who doesn't, well....

If I were driving the DD, I would have dropped the smoke you requested, IF I wasn't too busy GTFO to notice the chat, and it would be effective. Is it possible he was lit by radar, and you were just out of its range? I probably wouldn't pop smoke, I'd be too busy getting as safe as possible before 6 seconds was up.

But basically, you just can't trust unknown Randoms players. (if I don't know the player, but recognise the clan name as having generally competent players, that counts)

You did the right thing, asking for smoke, the mistake was expecting it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×