You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CanadianMonkeys

Is this how it is now, once a year we change the way the game is played?

20 comments in this topic

[DRG_N]
[DRG_N]
Members
8 posts
4,010 battles

You keep making big changes to this game, how the game is played.  How carriers are played, how commanders work....  Is this really how gaming is these days, once a year we completely change the game and how it's played to improve how 5% of people who don't like the game think of it?  It was a great game 5 years ago and each year there's new changes and it keeps getting less playable.  I think I'm done, unless you want to go back to the game it was when I started, I think I'll just go play something else.  No more wasting my time and money on these games just so they can change it and make it less fun.  Well done WG.

Feel free to reply to this but I wont waste my time reading those reply's, I've wasted enough time with WG already.

• Cool 9
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 5
  • Meh 1

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,841 posts
4,285 battles

Pretty sure we change the way we play every patch. Some changes are bigger than others. Some changes are good, some are bad, but I don't see any inherent reason why the game shouldn't change (sometimes in a major way) over time. 

• Cool 4

[META_]
Members
228 posts
3,188 battles
Just now, CanadianMonkeys said:

Is this really how gaming is these days

Yeah, kind of.  Been that way for a while.  World of Warcraft and other MMOs release expansions that add new content, increase level caps, introduce new classes, and rebalance skills.  Call of Duty releases a new game every year.  League of Legends makes constant balance adjustments and tends to do major reworks of items and/or the map about once a year.  Honestly, WoWs stands out as one of the few that doesn't make regular changes, which is probably why people get so angry when they do happen.

• Cool 1

Members
544 posts
20 battles
2 hours ago, CanadianMonkeys said:

Is this really how gaming is these days

Yes. 

Stagnation is death to free to play games like WoWs; unless there is constant new content and changes to the way the game is played, then the player population will drop off a cliff as people get bored. 

This is why they introduce new ship lines and premiums very regularly, and why they are constantly updating game systems. They accept that they will lose or annoy a few people, because the alternative is far worse. 

It's best to accept that the game is constantly changing, and learn to enjoy the process of constantly adapting to those changes, because more than anything else, that is the game!

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Members
122 posts
5,976 battles

Seems like it. You know what this means?

Subs coming 0.11.0

:cap_horn:

[WOLFC]
Members
2,575 posts
11,067 battles
2 hours ago, CanadianMonkeys said:

How carriers are played, how commanders work....  Is this really how gaming is these days, once a year we completely change the game and how it's played to improve how 5% of people who don't like the game think of it? 

To be fair, these events were two years apart... :Smile_hiding:

Members
228 posts
802 battles
6 hours ago, CanadianMonkeys said:

You keep making big changes to this game, how the game is played.  How carriers are played, how commanders work....  Is this really how gaming is these days, once a year we completely change the game and how it's played to improve how 5% of people who don't like the game think of it?  It was a great game 5 years ago and each year there's new changes and it keeps getting less playable.  I think I'm done, unless you want to go back to the game it was when I started, I think I'll just go play something else.  No more wasting my time and money on these games just so they can change it and make it less fun.  Well done WG.

Feel free to reply to this but I wont waste my time reading those reply's, I've wasted enough time with WG already.

This game has been around a long time now. Some of the bigger, long-lived MMO's offer sandboxed "Classic" or "Time Locked Server" choices to their loyal players in parallel with the current iteration. Maybe at some point WG will see a profit stream in offering something along those lines. There seems to be a significant amount of nostalgia for the pre-8.0 game, especially from RTS carrier players.

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
32,294 posts
10,021 battles

What did they change between the CV rework (2018?) and 2021?

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
29,865 posts
25,782 battles
4 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

What did they change between the CV rework (2018?) and 2021?

CV Rework / Update 0.8.0 was at the end of January 2019.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/game-updates/update-080-takeoff/

It was a lot of turmoil even after the CV Rebork got implemented.

[NAVAL]
[NAVAL]
Members
239 posts
13,802 battles

Wg could care less.. that's why they won't make the commander rework survey public, because we all know the commander rework sucks, and most of us hate the game, i'm 100% positive the survey backs it up,  but WG says nothing... 

[WOLFG]
Members
32,294 posts
10,021 battles
6 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

CV Rework / Update 0.8.0 was at the end of January 2019.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/game-updates/update-080-takeoff/

It was a lot of turmoil even after the CV Rebork got implemented.

So what change did we get in 2020? (I'm being pedantic in response to the perceived hyperbole of "every year" lol.

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
6,345 posts
19,359 battles

PT boat squadrons.  They play like plane squadrons....out of a fixed base.  They die off one by one...and when the last one goes...so do you.  Only to respawn for another go.  Can't cap.

[SIM]
Members
5,789 posts
9,263 battles

That’s the nature of live service gaming, stagnation is death. WG has shaken things up and will continue to do so. I’m legitimately sorry if the game has become less fun for you, but all active MMO titles do this sort of thing. 

[SGSS]
Members
5,763 posts
20 hours ago, Moggytwo said:

Yes. 

Stagnation is death to free to play games like WoWs; unless there is constant new content and changes to the way the game is played, then the player population will drop off a cliff as people get bored. 

This is why they introduce new ship lines and premiums very regularly, and why they are constantly updating game systems. They accept that they will lose or annoy a few people, because the alternative is far worse. 

It's best to accept that the game is constantly changing, and learn to enjoy the process of constantly adapting to those changes, because more than anything else, that is the game!

I dont know what lines they can bring in.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
29,865 posts
25,782 battles

Some of y'all got your screws loose.

There's a massive difference in keeping a game from stagnating with new content, new ships, new different playstyles, new events, compared to changes which alter the very foundations of the game to massive degrees.

There's a massive difference in making balance passes in parts of any game, compared to changes that affect the foundations of the game at all corners.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[BTLST]
Members
125 posts
4,211 battles
37 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

I dont know what lines they can bring in.

Perhaps the key to variety is something other than new ship lines. Unless of course they bring in Guided Missile Cruisers. That will show those Thunderers... Ok, ok I see myself out. :Smile_hiding: 

Seriously though, in my opinion more variety could be had in game modes. In PvE perhaps more operations and more sophisticated and longer ones. In PvP I don't really know, but perhaps a game mode with bigger maps and longer duration?

• Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Members
1,138 posts
23,102 battles

It can be argued that Naval Combat in WW2 changed from year to year as well.  Doctrine and tactics that were used in 1945 were totally different than those used in 1941.

• Cool 1