Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
FrodoFraggin

SC opt out

19 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,485
[EQRN]
Members
2,391 posts
23,432 battles

No disparaging remarks to get me banned again, just add a checkbox, nothing more, easy peasy.  Give players a choice.

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,485
[EQRN]
Members
2,391 posts
23,432 battles
1 minute ago, SKurj said:

what is an sc?  

Supercontainer.  I would prefer a straight up Resource container.  Not knocking those who would still like 100 det flags.

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,816
[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
6,053 posts

oh.. haven't had an SC in a yr... why would i opt out?  hey is this another veteran only thing because they have so much stuff they no longer want it and need wg to step in and change stuff for them so they don't have all the hardship of storing all that stuff?

 

i get it man...   current lockdown, and mid winter has me losing my mind too... i can't wait for spring.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,967
[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator, Privateers
3,757 posts
20,045 battles
1 minute ago, SKurj said:

hey is this another veteran only thing because they have so much stuff they no longer want it and need wg to step in and change stuff for them so they don't have all the hardship of storing all that stuff?

i am a vet myself, played for 5 yrs, i never wanted to opt out ... i always want sc, you would never know what the sc can give, and if the RNGodness on your side, there is 1 less premium ship you dont have to get from the Santa crates

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,485
[EQRN]
Members
2,391 posts
23,432 battles
6 minutes ago, SKurj said:

oh.. haven't had an SC in a yr... why would i opt out?  hey is this another veteran only thing because they have so much stuff they no longer want it and need wg to step in and change stuff for them so they don't have all the hardship of storing all that stuff?

 

i get it man...   current lockdown, and mid winter has me losing my mind too... i can't wait for spring.

 

3 minutes ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

i am a vet myself, played for 5 yrs, i never wanted to opt out ... i always want sc, you would never know what the sc can give, and if the RNGodness on your side, there is 1 less premium ship you dont have to get from the Santa crates

And you would still have the chance to win a Supercontainer - you know “opting” implies choice, and choice is a good thing, isn’t it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,816
[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
6,053 posts

yes i am sure the development time investment would be appreciated by the 3 people that might want to opt out

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,861
[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
5,016 posts
14,471 battles

Wow the forums just keep getting weirder and weirder an opt out  button for SC ? I really need for the state to let me open up my restaurant full time I need to get of the house bad  .

Edited by clammboy
  • Cool 3
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,471
[ARS]
Beta Testers
7,773 posts
8,467 battles
1 hour ago, FrodoFraggin said:

Supercontainer.  I would prefer a straight up Resource container.  Not knocking those who would still like 100 det flags.

Here is the list of my super containers starting with last year's anniversary even where each Tier X ship gave a super container, listing the source of the super container.  I always select More Resources when picking a container.

Zao: USS Marblehead + 10 point captain + port slot
Yoshino: 50 French Riviera camoflages (+100% XP, +75% Commander XP, +50% FXP)
Yamato: 50 Type 59 camoflages (+200% XP)
Worcester: 100 India Yankee (Fire Extinguishing Time -20%)
Moskva: 50 World of Warships Anniversary camoflages (+100% XP, +100% FXP)
Daring: 100 Equal Speed Charlie London flags (+50% XP)
Thunderer: 100 Victor Lima flags (+fire and flood chance with no additional detonation chance)
Resources: 25 Leviathan Special signals (+20% Credits, +50% XP, +100% Commander XP, +200% FXP)
Yamamoto Isoroku Stage 3: 1,000 Doubloons
Yamamoto Isoroku Stage 3: 15,000 Coal
Resources: 15,000 Coal
Resources: 7 Days of Premium Time
Yamamoto Isoroku Stage 4: 50 Stars 'n' Stripes camoflages (+125% XP, +75% Commander XP, +100% FXP)
Yamamoto Isoroku Stage 4: 100 Zulu (+20% Credits per battle)

 

So, of the three resources choices that resulted in a super container I netted 15,000 coal, some signals and a week of premium time.  Even assuming I had gotten 1200 coal from each of those instead of the super container, a highly dubious assumption, I'd still be ahead by 11,400 coal.  Now, the obvious response is that I got lucky getting the coal super container, which is a reasonable response.  To know what the odds really say we'd need to know the odds of a super container having coal and what the average Resources container has for coal and then compare.  I am not at all sure the resources containers would prove to be best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,485
[EQRN]
Members
2,391 posts
23,432 battles

Somehow “having the option to not get Supercontainers” is being read as “I don’t want anyone to get them”... weird :cap_book:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,199
[WOLFG]
Members
15,624 posts
16,780 battles

From a personal standpoint, I think there is one.  Can someone tell me how to unclick it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,861
[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
5,016 posts
14,471 battles
3 hours ago, FrodoFraggin said:

Somehow “having the option to not get Supercontainers” is being read as “I don’t want anyone to get them”... weird :cap_book:

Yea weird you get a SC once every 4 months if your lucky why do we need an opt out button ? The players are going crazy over dead eye and the cost of 21 point commanders and you need an opt out button for SC ? It just seems a little weird I'm sorry not calling you weird I just don't see how this ranks at all on the list of things WG should worry about .

Edited by clammboy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
306
[PVE]
Members
1,147 posts
11,012 battles

I usually end up selling the useless signals or camos from SCs, usually nets me around 500K credits.

Unless it's det flags, I like those

Edited by MasterDiggs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,519
[HINON]
Members
14,340 posts

I think we should give you that option as long as it redirects those SC to me. I'll take one for the team. :cap_tea:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,809
[CYNIC]
Members
3,092 posts
8,833 battles
5 hours ago, FrodoFraggin said:

No disparaging remarks to get me banned again, just add a checkbox, nothing more, easy peasy.  Give players a choice.

A solution in search of a problem?  If you don't want a SC, just submit a ticket and ask for its contents to be removed.   Use the "other" category --  No they're not going to add a "remove SC contents" in the support section.  Alternatively if it's a ship, sell it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×