You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
AdmBilgeWater

Improved secondary aiming skill DOES NOT WORK!

5 comments in this topic

[NNY]
Members
48 posts
9,676 battles

I have been using the IMPROVED SECONDARY BATTERY AIMING SKILL  for nearly all my games.  I play for 2 to 3 hours a day.  The skill does not work.  I've played  games activating and deactivating this skill and can see NO change in my secondary aim whatsoever.  I think it is broken.

[HINON]
Members
14,010 posts
18 minutes ago, AdmBilgeWater said:

Test it in the training room and then get back to us.

Edited by RipNuN2
  • Thanks 1

[SWOLF]
Beta Testers
807 posts
8,555 battles

this would not really supprise me, however did you go into the training room to test it or is this just random battle encounters?

i wonder if trying it mutliple times in the training room would show this or if it is truly working as intended and its just not that noticable of a skill any more>?

[ARC]
Members
1,072 posts
11,483 battles
7 minutes ago, GX9900A said:

this would not really supprise me, however did you go into the training room to test it or is this just random battle encounters?

i wonder if trying it mutliple times in the training room would show this or if it is truly working as intended and its just not that noticable of a skill any more>?

I did test it in training rooms. While I did find it useless on German and Mass secondaries, it could have been a bad run (close to 20 runs on BBvBB). The skill has its merits, but I find it too expensive for the benefit given. In my case, it just raised the amount of hits on 10%, despite the benefit of 35% given. If I focus destroyers and cruisers, the raise in hitrate should be even less noticeable.

[CAAT]
Members
1,033 posts
4,626 battles
59 minutes ago, AdmBilgeWater said:

I have been using the IMPROVED SECONDARY BATTERY AIMING SKILL  for nearly all my games.  I play for 2 to 3 hours a day.  The skill does not work.  I've played  games activating and deactivating this skill and can see NO change in my secondary aim whatsoever.  I think it is broken.

I have done extensive testing of this skill, and it...DOES somewhat work, but it's BEYOND lackluster to put it mildly, and needs buffing to -50% dispersion regardless. Secondaries accuracy even with ISBA is insufficient for reliable secondaries for use as supplementary damage, ESPECIALLY for battleships without "improved dispersion". Without ISBA, don't even bother, the dispersion just expands way too much to hit anything properly. IF you're hitting a target at point-blank range, ISBA seems to have no REAL effect whatsoever though. You get basically the same hit rate with or without ISBA active at that range.

Edited by SaiIor_Moon