Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
RitzBittz

this game is perfect

36 comments in this topic

[PROG]
Members
24 posts
6,233 battles

I love the challenges that want you to get spotting damage in a cruiser..... meanwhile every game has a CV. 

Or everyone complaining about HE spam.... WG adds dead eye. 

everyone complaining about CV..... WG adds FDR and more OP CVs in the pipeline.

The match making is every better - in a game where 80% of the population sucks, it'll pile 3 players that are in the top percentile on the other team simply because you're in a div.

a game designed by muppets who dont play it.

• Cool 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Boring 5
  • Meh 2

[WORX]
Members
12,666 posts
19,915 battles

Players who, love pain, enjoy the depressed play style... Just can't seem to find or be happy. Nor have the ability or courtesy  to move on...

• Cool 2

[JHF]
[JHF]
Members
298 posts
5,078 battles

Play co op or operations.  The bots don't use dead eye and you chances of seeing FDR bots are slim to none.

• Cool 1

Members
12,597 posts
14,320 battles
15 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

And yet here you are, still playing it. 

Some of us have stopped playing battles until things are fixed. I have been patient for so many disasters, but this skill Rework game is no longer even playable if you have any concern for stats what so ever.

• Boring 1
  • Meh 1

Members
4,015 posts
14,536 battles
2 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Some of us have stopped playing battles until things are fixed. I have been patient for so many disasters, but this skill Rework game is no longer even playable if you have any concern for stats what so ever.

My stats are not really suffering. Ive barely changed my playstyle, except maybe secondary BBs.

mew.jpg

Members
1,022 posts
3,050 battles

Cvs are always going to be in the game. Yes, 2 per team is a broken feature that should be fixed. They do add a dynamic to the game though. I'm a DD main and only 1 in 5 game I have issues with a cv pilot. 

The skill rework was a bit of mess though...

• Cool 2

[WOLF6]
Members
206 posts
7,285 battles
19 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

And yet here you are, still playing it. 

sunk cost fallacy is strong, get to know it you will know yourself better and understand others...unless you are prefectly logical 

Members
12,597 posts
14,320 battles
Just now, Rollingonit said:

My stats are not really suffering. Ive barely changed my playstyle, except maybe secondary BBs.

mew.jpg

I was heavily into secondary guns, heavy cruisers, and DDs. Secondary guns all but useless now. Dead eye and the FDR will absolutely kill the CAs and we’ll also my turtle back BBs for that matter. DDs are hounded by yet even longer Radar durations and lkabrs they no longer can as effectively shoot down.

Sniping at the back is not really my style, if I want to long range snipe I go play tanks instead. Really a shame WG has pulled this stunt as I have loved playing the game and still want to play, but there is no good way for any of my play styles to be all that viable now. And if WG is going to be so restrictive they are going to get boring or straight up distasteful to a lot of players.

Members
4,015 posts
14,536 battles
5 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

I was heavily into secondary guns, heavy cruisers, and DDs. Secondary guns all but useless now. Dead eye and the FDR will absolutely kill the CAs and we’ll also my turtle back BBs for that matter. DDs are hounded by yet even longer Radar durations and lkabrs they no longer can as effectively shoot down.

Sniping at the back is not really my style, if I want to long range snipe I go play tanks instead. Really a shame WG has pulled this stunt as I have loved playing the game and still want to play, but there is no good way for any of my play styles to be all that viable now. And if WG is going to be so restrictive they are going to get boring or straight up distasteful to a lot of players.

I dont really snipe except in ships built for it (Vermont, Musashi).

I agree with secondaries, they are pretty aweful now. I have little issue with getting my cruisers perform. 

Members
4 posts
4,697 battles

I just returned from a long hiatus, the game is.. Eh. I tried CVs again,(not a cv player) bought up to ranger, but they stuck me in a T8 match and my planes were useless against T8 AA. I guess because my win is 56%, the match making punishes me for winning? Well, if that is how match making works, I guess I'll quit the CV path, but I was bored with gun ships, so I was hoping CVs would add some fun to playing again. I wish the game would at least allow me to practice a bit before overmatching me against 2 tiers higher. lol 

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,924 posts
51 minutes ago, RitzBittz said:

I love the challenges that want you to get spotting damage in a cruiser..... meanwhile every game has a CV. 

Or everyone complaining about HE spam.... WG adds dead eye. 

The match making is every better - in a game where 80% of the population sucks, it'll pile 3 players that are in the top percentile on the other team simply because you're in a div.

spotting damage in a cruiser... i wish.. i need potential damage in one...

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,924 posts
4 minutes ago, Chaos_weapon said:

I just returned from a long hiatus, the game is.. Eh. I tried CVs again,(not a cv player) bought up to ranger, but they stuck me in a T8 match and my planes were useless against T8 AA. I guess because my win is 56%, the match making punishes me for winning? Well, if that is how match making works, I guess I'll quit the CV path, but I was bored with gun ships, so I was hoping CVs would add some fun to playing again. I wish the game would at least allow me to practice a bit before overmatching me against 2 tiers higher. lol 

this your 1st post?  your overall wr has nothing to do with mm...    and there are avenues in game for you to try them and practice even...

AA is pve, so ya can practice in pve all you like with your aircraft and cv...

Members
4 posts
4,697 battles
1 minute ago, SKurj said:

this your 1st post?  your overall wr has nothing to do with mm...  

Yup, first post, been playing the game since 2015. Guess I don't talk much. What affects MM then? I'm almost always placed in 2 higher tiers than the ship I play. Not a bad thing unless I'm in a new CV that I barely know how to play yet. lol

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,924 posts

i dunno if they have tweaked things for cv's but the game will try to maintain a set percentage between top mid and low tier... the only time it gets wacked is if there is a queue dump.  

can't recall what the percentages are now though.. and cv's may get slightly different rules..  due to the errm hatred : )

it has nothing to do with your winrate, if it did your ques would be much longer..

Members
4 posts
4,697 battles
19 minutes ago, SKurj said:

i dunno if they have tweaked things for cv's but the game will try to maintain a set percentage between top mid and low tier... the only time it gets wacked is if there is a queue dump.  

can't recall what the percentages are now though.. and cv's may get slightly different rules..  due to the errm hatred : )

it has nothing to do with your winrate, if it did your ques would be much longer..

Thanks for info.

[VRR]
[VRR]
Members
1,283 posts

Shoot bots don't need Deadeye ...they are damed accurate as is. Lol.

[CAAT]
Members
1,055 posts
4,626 battles
53 minutes ago, Rollingonit said:

Ive barely changed my playstyle, except maybe secondary BBs.

Yep, secondaries accuracy could use a helping hand. Make that 2 helping hands. JUST HELP IT ALREADY WARGAMING, GOSH DARNIT!!!!

Image result for sailor moon funny gif

Edited by SaiIor_Moon

[WOLFG]
Members
32,394 posts
10,021 battles
17 hours ago, RitzBittz said:

I love the challenges that want you to get spotting damage in a cruiser..... meanwhile every game has a CV. 

Or everyone complaining about HE spam.... WG adds dead eye. 

Where's the Princess Bride .gif?

I do not think that word means what you think it does....

[WOLFG]
Members
32,394 posts
10,021 battles
16 hours ago, Chaos_weapon said:

Yup, first post, been playing the game since 2015. Guess I don't talk much. What affects MM then? I'm almost always placed in 2 higher tiers than the ship I play. Not a bad thing unless I'm in a new CV that I barely know how to play yet. lol

The MM tries to give you no more than 40% of your last 20 games (rolling total) as 2 tiers lower. Other than that, how often you are top or mid tier (or bottom tier if there are only 2 tiers in the match) is random.

The tiers you play can have an effect, it just depends on what's in the queue.

[NAVAL]
[NAVAL]
Members
239 posts
13,802 battles

MM should be 33.3% as bottom tier... 33.3% as mid tier.. and 33.3% as top tier.. 

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
32,394 posts
10,021 battles
3 hours ago, syp_twiz said:

MM should be 33.3% as bottom tier... 33.3% as mid tier.. and 33.3% as top tier.. 

That would be ideal, and if the queue held an equal number of ships of all tiers, at all times, it wouldn't be a problem.

It would certainly lengthen queue times though. We've had a noticeable increase just from limiting one possibility.

I mean, you'll wait longer to play your T8 ship if you can't play in a T10 match now, imagine it if you could only play in a T8 match. There might be a ton of T6&7s in the queue, but many unavailable to be in a T8 match, so you'd wait even longer. You'd end up with more even MM, but you'd get more queue dumps.

Might not be much of an issue in prime time, but I could see it becoming an issue during the day.

Edited by Skpstr

Members
835 posts
1 hour ago, Skpstr said:

That would be ideal, and if the queue held an equal number of ships of all tiers, at all times, it wouldn't be a problem.

It would certainly lengthen queue times though. We've had a noticeable increase just from limiting one possibility.

I mean, you'll wait longer to play your T8 ship if you can't play in a T10 match now, imagine it if you could only play in a T8 match. There might be a ton of T6&7s in the queue, but many unavailable to be in a T8 match, so you'd wait even longer. You'd end up with more even MM, but you'd get more queue dumps.

Might not be much of an issue in prime time, but I could see it becoming an issue during the day.

They can always fill the rest of those spots with high AI bots like the ones in operations.

Sign in to follow this