Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
guns_at_last_light

Will there be new maps this year?

13 comments in this topic

Members
865 posts

WG released one new map in 2020 (Northern Waters), two in 2019 (Crash Zone Alpha, Greece), and one in 2018 (Sleeping Giant). I can imagine that it is difficult to design and model maps, and have a realistic expectation that a constant stream of new maps would require a lot of resources. With that said, and with an understanding that new maps can't be sold like new premium ships, it would be great if WG released increased the number of maps released each year to at least two. Personally, I'd be more open to buying new premium ships if I knew that I wouldn't be taking them out in the same handful of maps.

[SALVO]
Members
26,139 posts
29,178 battles

Honestly, it pisses me off that more new maps aren't released or some old (removed) maps aren't refurbished and re-released.

Heck, even greatly increasing the usage of the Ocean map would be a positive.  But I'd love to see the Riposte map released into common usage.  And I'd love to see the original version of the Islands of Ice map re-released.  These three things would require very little work and yet would help alleviate some of the pressure/desire to see "new" maps.

with an understanding that new maps can't be sold like new premium ships

I understand this as well, but I'm sick and tired of the lack of new maps.  And the excuse that new maps can't be monetized.  A pretty fair number of the player based are monetizing the game through premium accounts and the purchase of premium ships.  I don't think that it's too much to ask that we get some return on our investment in the game, such as new and refurbished maps.

Edited by Crucis

[CO-OP]
Members
2,084 posts
27,621 battles

Ocean II --  Ocean with Thunderstorm

Ocean III -- Ocean with Snowstorm

Ocean IV -- Ocean with an island... just one itty bitty one, right in the middle.

Ocean V -- Ocean with the spaceship from Battleship in the middle.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Members
2,070 posts
12,694 battles

The art department is busy making under water maps for subs.

[WOLFG]
Members
11,814 posts
10,972 battles

It won't be monetization that drives out of WOWS.  It won't be CV reworks, or skill reworks.  It won't be subs.

It will be one too many games spawning in a BB in the middle on Estuary that will drive me out.

More new maps please.

• Funny 1

[WKY04]
Members
3,880 posts
24,924 battles

More Ocean. 

Also, Ocean with a single island in each of two diagonally opposite corners- but only when its Epicenter mode. Yep, Epicenter on Ocean lol, *heads exploding*. 

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[SALVO]
Members
26,139 posts
29,178 battles
1 hour ago, Efros said:

Ocean II --  Ocean with Thunderstorm

Ocean III -- Ocean with Snowstorm

Ocean IV -- Ocean with an island... just one itty bitty one, right in the middle.

Ocean V -- Ocean with the spaceship from Battleship in the middle.

In general principle, I'm with you on this,  Efros.  I wouldn't mind a version of Ocean with a permanent (temperate climate) equivalent of a blizzard.  I also like the idea of Ocean with an island in the middle of the map, though in my idea, it'd be a nicely large atoll with the center of Epicenter inside the atoll.

As for the final suggestion, rather than taking the suggestion literally, an interesting, but highly unrealistic idea might be to create a map or two set on alien oceans.  (Not an alien version of Ocean...)  It'd have "alien" terrain features, trees, buildings, etc.  Just a thought for something very different for the sake of variety.

• Meh 1

[SALVO]
Members
26,139 posts
29,178 battles
1 minute ago, Pugilistic said:

More Ocean. 

Also, Ocean with a single island in each of two diagonally opposite corners- but only when its Epicenter mode. Yep, Epicenter on Ocean lol, *heads exploding*. 

Why put a single island in diagonally opposite corners in Epicenter mode?  Seems rather pointless.   Don't get me  wrong.  The idea of one or two flat, low islands on Ocean interests me, but it seems like they should serve some purpose.

[VRR]
[VRR]
Members
1,283 posts

New maps coming "SOON™"

Along with new Operations "SOON™"

As per WG logic.:cap_haloween:

Edited by Versili

Members
1,186 posts
1,698 battles
1 hour ago, Crucis said:

It'd have "alien" terrain features, trees, buildings, etc. 

Key Battles?

[EQRN]
Members
2,209 posts
19,829 battles

Players ask for new maps and Scenarios back, we get lousy reworks and half a$$ tech trees and premiums.

[CO-OP]
Members
2,084 posts
27,621 battles

Sleeping Giant with shootable cliffs around the A spawn so that it can be opened up. Shootable terrain was demoed years ago IIRC but never made it into any maps.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,922 posts

more ocean...     

i haven't played alot of matches in the last 12 months... (still is hundreds if not 1k+)  but I haven't seen Ocean once in that time...

Sign in to follow this