Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Summon3r

Ranked?

12 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

109
[CWGC]
Members
848 posts
2,977 battles

what happened to ranked? I thought we were supposed to have ranked basically all the time now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
568
[-AFK-]
Members
1,146 posts
15,261 battles
12 minutes ago, Summon3r said:

what happened to ranked? I thought we were supposed to have ranked basically all the time now?

Starts back up next week

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,363
[PVE]
Members
7,877 posts
23,861 battles
1 hour ago, Summon3r said:

what happened to ranked? I thought we were supposed to have ranked basically all the time now?

The 1st season was a test run...they did some adjustments & announced a new season starting next update.

Assuming they will be back to back from now on w/any new adjustments (if any) just announced at the start of a new season & not delaying the "never ending" schedule from now on.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
109
[CWGC]
Members
848 posts
2,977 battles

Really dispise the fact that they've made all the league's mixed tiers. Guess it's better then +2 normal mm though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,363
[PVE]
Members
7,877 posts
23,861 battles
3 hours ago, Summon3r said:

Really dispise the fact that they've made all the league's mixed tiers. Guess it's better then +2 normal mm though

That's so attempted star savers can load up in the lower tier ship option & have a better chance of scoring higher XP...

My Kagero Thanx them :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TORCH]
Members
697 posts
17,920 battles

Hmmm...hadn't thought of that angle.  While some may think that way, my preseason operating assumption has been that people would mostly play the higher tier ships.  Guess we'll know in a few more days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
109
[CWGC]
Members
848 posts
2,977 battles
8 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

That's so attempted star savers can load up in the lower tier ship option & have a better chance of scoring higher XP...

My Kagero Thanx them :-)

Sorry I'm not sure I follow, can you elaborate. Star savers? And how do you load up if your using a lower tier ship, seems to me in most cases you'd be a detriment in a t8 when you could bring a t9, especially cruiser wise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,363
[PVE]
Members
7,877 posts
23,861 battles
56 minutes ago, Summon3r said:

Sorry I'm not sure I follow, can you elaborate. Star savers? And how do you load up if your using a lower tier ship, seems to me in most cases you'd be a detriment in a t8 when you could bring a t9, especially cruiser wise.

Highest BXP saves the star...if a T8 gets a solo sink on a T9 ship it gets more BXP for it than a T9 ship would for the solo sink on the same T9 ship...therefore a T8 in a T9 battle has the potential to get higher BXP.

It's not a detriment to the team as the mirrored MM also puts a T8 on the other team so it balanced out team wise...

& I especially used the Kagero for the example because best DD detection is God Mode (w/no CV anyway) & no higher tier ship out detects the Kagero sisters (+ Asashio & Harekazi/did I spell that right?).

Fortunately for my team's I don't just play to save a star...& the Kagero is also quite useful for attempting to win also...although it usually does it by not getting the BXP required to save a star when it's team actually shoots at what it spots...but if the team derps out it can farm XP on it's own at the end quite nicely.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Banned
1,678 posts
1,286 battles
20 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Highest BXP saves the star...if a T8 gets a solo sink on a T9 ship it gets more BXP for it than a T9 ship would for the solo sink on the same T9 ship...therefore a T8 in a T9 battle has the potential to get higher BXP.

Is there any source on this? I've seen this claim made for years, but I never notice any discernible difference in my score when I'm killing or damaging ships of a higher tier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,363
[PVE]
Members
7,877 posts
23,861 battles
9 minutes ago, USS_Taylor_Swift said:

Is there any source on this? I've seen this claim made for years, but I never notice any discernible difference in my score when I'm killing or damaging ships of a higher tier.

It's in the wiki...

@iDuckman...can you link the exact reference...not sure what category it's specifically in anymore.

Edit: I believe it's only about a 10% increase for each level above you so it won't really show all that much unless you sink a bunch of only higher tier ships in a massive game...but every little bit helps.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,036
[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,773 posts
4,771 battles
47 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

can you link the exact reference

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Base_Earnings#In-game_Actions

  • The rewards from damage scale depending on the tier disparity between ships. More is earned for damaging a higher tiered than a lower tiered ship.

The range of scaling is not known directly, but since XP earnings roughly double over 10 tiers https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Base_Earnings#The_Ship_Itself, 10% per tier is a good estimate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×