Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
GSXstage1

Time to eat some serious Crow!

14 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

959
[TIGRB]
Members
939 posts
17,292 battles

The other day I posted a subject about The Giulio Cesare possibly had been stealth nerfed because I was not hitting ships as I had in the past. I did however write that maybe it was me and not the ship. Well to test my theory I took out several medium tier BB's to battle, Warspite, Colorado, Konig and Normandie all with the same results. IT's Me! not the ships. For some reason all of a sudden I am not leading ships enough and my shots are falling behind enemy ship. This happened over and over. Maybe I need new glasses, which would not surprise me, or just practice. I took Colorado out again and the same thing was happening against an Omaha.

So I adjusted further ahead of the ship and would swear on a bible I was going to miss and I Dev struck it. Somehow my internal aiming skill got whacked and I feel I am aiming to far out front of a ship when I'm not. Did 105,200 in the game with another Kill against a Gneisenau, but of course it was not a Dev strike. But I was taking chunks of 6,000 to 8,000 off of her per salvo. So time to re learn some aiming skills.

By the way, If you see me in Battle, Don't be taking advantage of this old Man and telling everyone HAHA,,that guys is having aiming trouble, Lets get him. Lol. Anyway, just wanted to let everyone know who read my last post that I am the issue and not the ship.

  • Cool 5
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
925
[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
1,590 posts
18,537 battles

Image result for might need glasses meme

Seriously though try some new aiming reticles. There's so many to choose from maybe a new one will suit you better.

Fair seas.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
959
[TIGRB]
Members
939 posts
17,292 battles
2 minutes ago, Jolly_Rodgered said:

Image result for might need glasses meme

Seriously though try some new aiming reticles. There's so many to choose from maybe a new one will suit you better.

Fair seas.

I have tried many in the past and the one I'm using is the one I have the best games on. But I forgot to mention I noticed during the last few games I was not using it,,ignoring it...relying on sight only. MY Bad!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,033
[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,767 posts
4,771 battles
11 minutes ago, GSXstage1 said:

Somehow my internal aiming skill got whacked

Lack of aiming juice?  Or too much?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
925
[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
1,590 posts
18,537 battles
3 minutes ago, GSXstage1 said:

I have tried many in the past and the one I'm using is the one I have the best games on. But I forgot to mention I noticed during the last few games I was not using it,,ignoring it...relying on sight only. MY Bad!

Gotcha! Well at least you figured out the problem. 

Slainte!

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6
[USN]
Members
34 posts
6,019 battles

I tend to jump around tiers a lot - I'm grinding Montana, so I play Iowa a lot in Random, get knocked out,  play a scenario,  then go back to Iowa. Those T9 and T10 speeds are so much faster than the T5-T6 speeds in scenarios that my aim takes a while to adjust. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,200
[EQRN]
Members
2,209 posts
19,796 battles

I’m starting to shoot higher and higher.  In BBs I used to shoot waterline for most ships, but now they’re falling way short.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
143
[USMC-]
Members
334 posts
8,983 battles
7 minutes ago, FrodoFraggin said:

I’m starting to shoot higher and higher.  In BBs I used to shoot waterline for most ships, but now they’re falling way short.

I have noticed that too as well desyncing issues with delays from pressing the trigger and shots going downrange. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,126
[CO-OP]
Members
2,826 posts
28,416 battles

Kudos to you for not only recognizing your own fallibility, but coming back to the forums and admitting it.

  • Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,362
[PVE]
Members
7,873 posts
23,833 battles
1 hour ago, GSXstage1 said:

The other day I posted a subject about The Giulio Cesare possibly had been stealth nerfed because I was not hitting ships as I had in the past. I did however write that maybe it was me and not the ship. Well to test my theory I took out several medium tier BB's to battle, Warspite, Colorado, Konig and Normandie all with the same results. IT's Me! not the ships. For some reason all of a sudden I am not leading ships enough and my shots are falling behind enemy ship. This happened over and over. Maybe I need new glasses, which would not surprise me, or just practice. I took Colorado out again and the same thing was happening against an Omaha.

So I adjusted further ahead of the ship and would swear on a bible I was going to miss and I Dev struck it. Somehow my internal aiming skill got whacked and I feel I am aiming to far out front of a ship when I'm not. Did 105,200 in the game with another Kill against a Gneisenau, but of course it was not a Dev strike. But I was taking chunks of 6,000 to 8,000 off of her per salvo. So time to re learn some aiming skills.

By the way, If you see me in Battle, Don't be taking advantage of this old Man and telling everyone HAHA,,that guys is having aiming trouble, Lets get him. Lol. Anyway, just wanted to let everyone know who read my last post that I am the issue and not the ship.

Have had the same issues...almost like ships have a speed boost going at all times.

Trying to walk fires onto a ship that only has the front not burning is insane as you need to just be able see the very tip of the bow (or be past the bow) to do it sometimes.

I know there's no skills (or upgrades) that affect she'll velocity so guessing maybe speed boosting skills (or more speed flag usage) might be accounting for the issues...but it's easily adjusted for once you get it adjusted after the 1st few volleys when you switch to a new ship (w/different ballistics)...except when shooting at those insane fast DDs )& some cruisers) where you need to lead far in front of the ship just to hit the back of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,456
[FORM]
Members
2,208 posts
13,223 battles
3 hours ago, GSXstage1 said:

The other day I posted a subject about The Giulio Cesare possibly had been stealth nerfed because I was not hitting ships as I had in the past. I did however write that maybe it was me and not the ship.

I find I have off days and on days sometimes. And though I don't play the GC very often, I did take it out a couple times since 10.0 and my experience was that it hits like a tier 7 BB at tier 5. Of course it has its weaknesses too, but the guns aren't one of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,709
[46856]
Members
1,922 posts
3 hours ago, Jolly_Rodgered said:

Seriously though try some new aiming reticles. There's so many to choose from maybe a new one will suit you better. 

read that as aiming testicles.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
959
[TIGRB]
Members
939 posts
17,292 battles
5 hours ago, iDuckman said:

Lack of aiming juice?  Or too much?

Nah,,Just brain dead I guess

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
110
[-PVE-]
Members
301 posts
13,610 battles

Crow Pie

Ingredients

  • 1 crow
  • stuffing of your choice
  • salt and pepper
  • shortening
  • flour
  • 2 Pie crust mixes
  • 2-3 hard-boiled eggs
  • Instructions

    Stuff the crow. Loosen joints with a knife but do not cut through. Simmer the crow in a stew-pan, with enough water to cover, until nearly tender, then season with salt and pepper. Remove meat from bones and set aside. Prepare pie crusts as directed. (Do not bake) Make a medium thick gravy with flour, shortening, and juices in which the crow has cooked and let cool. Line a pie plate with pie crust and line with slices of hard-boiled egg. Place crow meat on top. Layer gravy over the crow. Place second pie dough crust over top. Bake at 450 degrees for 1/2 hour.

    Enjoy!

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×