Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Sabot_100

Untrained captains

12 comments in this topic

[CVA16]
Members
6,172 posts
19,039 battles

For the rework I did the mass reset of my captains and only trained up a few to test builds. I have, for various reasons, decided to grab a ship and hit battle nor realizing that captain was still untrained.  Done it a few times. Just wondering if anyone else has had  this mind-fart?

[X-M-S]
Members
179 posts
3,616 battles
1 minute ago, puckhead77 said:

Been there done that and the missing skills were hardly noticeable.

I'm so confused.  I thought WG ruined the game by raising the cap to 21 points because 19 pointers are useless now.

• Haha 1
  • Boring 1

[WOLFC]
Members
92 posts
9,939 battles
14 minutes ago, Bomont said:

I'm so confused.  I thought WG ruined the game by raising the cap to 21 points because 19 pointers are useless now.

To be fair, the 2x I did it were with a 10 pointer and a 12 pointer on BB and Cruiser. I'm sure I would've noticed more with higher points and/or on a DD.

[CVA16]
Members
6,172 posts
19,039 battles
16 minutes ago, Bomont said:

I thought WG ruined the game by raising the cap to 21 points because 19 pointers are useless now.

WG did wreck some skills (like grease the gears. DE/Pyrotecnician), made poison pills of some, and others are just bad for the game (dead eye) however, one of the issues is that you need a 21 pt captain to be equivalent of your old 19pt captain and those last 2 points are a huge grind. And sometimes even then the old 19ptr was superior because of the skill nerfs.

For me I have been lucky because I have been playing PVE modes where the untrained captain is less noticeable. Still causes confusion when your DD is outspotted by the bots. Look at the minimap and wonder why you concealment is at 7.

Edited by Sabot_100
  • Cool 1

Members
655 posts
17,956 battles
1 hour ago, Sabot_100 said:

For the rework I did the mass reset of my captains and only trained up a few to test builds. I have, for various reasons, decided to grab a ship and hit battle nor realizing that captain was still untrained.  Done it a few times. Just wondering if anyone else has had  this mind-fart?

I've done that or no modules that my clan picks on me about it at times - played like 4 CB and thought to myself "This ship doesn't seem right" - Been doing that forever 

[X-M-S]
Members
179 posts
3,616 battles
19 minutes ago, Sabot_100 said:

WG did wreck some skills (like grease the gears. DE/Pyrotecnician), made poison pills of some, and others are just bad for the game (dead eye) however, one of the issues is that you need a 21 pt captain to be equivalent of your old 19pt captain and those last 2 points are a huge grind. And sometimes even then the old 19ptr was superior because of the skill nerfs.

For me I have been lucky because I have been playing PVE modes where the untrained captain is less noticeable. Still causes confusion when your DD is outspotted by the bots. Look at the minimap and wonder why you concealment is at 7.

Don't get me wrong.  There is tons of room for improvement in the skills rework and there are some parts of it that I think were/are bad.  I was just poking fun at the emotional over-reaction by so many.

I'm more bothered by a few of the "big picture" things (can't see all of my captains in one place, the quantum leap in XP required for the last 2 points, etc.) than the individual skills, under the assumption that the skills can be changed/tweaked fairly easily (probably easier than before since the tabs for different ship types allows the changes to be more targeted).  However, the lack of any comment by WG is disappointing and I can see why some are concerned that the changes/tweaks on individual skills might not be done well.

[FLTF1]
Members
287 posts
7,858 battles
On 2/13/2021 at 2:47 PM, Sabot_100 said:

yes, went in my Kagero and wondered, why is not last stand working? 

- I can't feel my Last Stand, it is not working!
- It's because you don't have it!

Members
5,653 posts
10,989 battles

Just did this and had this game-  can't say I am unhappy about it:

It weas also Jack Dunkirk so that helped... :)

World of Warships - Neptune - 118134.PNG

Edited by CylonRed

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
2,524 posts

There is no point.

The 21's destroyed the old captian system in detail.

Then imposes millions for only a few captains to get to 21 from 19 for downgraded ships with some skills eliminated or made crappy on purpose.

In other words the captain in the ship is what it is. I no longer care about upgrading them to 21. Its just too expensive. As long they have the minimum count (Used to be 10 points now it's 16 points for the same old previous 10 pointer) thats all they are good for. Anything else is razzle dazzle [edited].

Members
1,539 posts
On 2/13/2021 at 11:47 AM, Sabot_100 said:

I never assigned skills to any of my captains.

7 - 21 pointers

11 - 19 pointers

116 - 0 pointers

Until the WG Dev team does whatever they going to do, fix or repair this rework I see no point in assigning skills.

[CVA16]
Members
6,172 posts
19,039 battles
34 minutes ago, Nikolay_Kuznetsov_ said:

Until the WG Dev team does whatever they going to do, fix or repair this rework I see no point in assigning skills.

The reset is pretty quick and free so I have tried out a few ships and builds. I also used all my points available instead of saving for that next 4 pt skill.  Therefore I have to reset everything before tomorrow. 

Currently only have my Salem/Desmoinse captain trained with the lighthouse build (give up on concealment). OK vs bots but don't think I want to keep it.

Sign in to follow this