You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
trooper3

This game is junk now

34 comments in this topic

[HOO]
Members
14 posts
5,264 battles

Id figure I would give wargaming the benefit of the doubt for this last update. WHAT A JOKE. This game has become utterly un-playable. No one moves up or spots anymore. World of deadeye. Hey my ships detectability is this..... but lets stay clear on the map borders to make sure. I feel that there needs to be a change, there is just too much broken in one go. Its stupid that you can land a whole salvo on a boat at 18km+ I understand its an arcade game, but that is utterly stupid.

• Cool 14
  • Funny 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Boring 5
  • Meh 3

[SALVO]
Members
7,046 posts
5,529 battles
5 minutes ago, trooper3 said:

Its stupid that you can land a whole salvo on a boat at 18km+ 

If you are static or on a predictable course... 18km is at least 8-10 seconds reaction time.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 4

Members
3,438 posts
6,966 battles

I hear ya...I just play one game per week now...and even then......interest is dieing.... Saving lots of money though...

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 2

[SIM]
Members
5,792 posts
9,266 battles

No one is forcing you to stay here. If you hate the game so much, play something else. 

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 11

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,790 posts
4,771 battles

You're wrong, but   1519011505_byedog.gif.e5a12d0d119fd47757301a804564e4c9.gif   if you must.

Yeah, okay, the game might be different with the sniping meta (based on incorrect assumptions) but it's still playable, and the meta will work itself out over time as people discover just how ineffective it is.

Edited by iDuckman

[GOB]
Members
2,709 posts

I'm having a blast myself.

Got all the daily crates and all the Daily missions completed already this morning!

I had a BLAST!

Sorry for being positive.

Col Out

ADAPT1.gif

Edited by Col_Nasty
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[HOO]
Members
14 posts
5,264 battles
26 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

No one is forcing you to stay here. If you hate the game so much, play something else. 

Too much $$ tied up.

• Haha 1

[HOO]
Members
14 posts
5,264 battles
37 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

If you are static or on a predictable course... 18km is at least 8-10 seconds reaction time.

I haven't personally had this happen to me. I have done this to others! I landed a full broadside with the Vermont two nights ago for 50k. That is12 rounds on target that were all PENS while said ship was turning. Most of the time it is 8+ rounds on target. The thunderer, Ive landed full broadsides with it too while targets were juking and jiving. The thunderer is 6-7 on target avg. This is realistically not possible for the types of ships and tech it would've been equipped with.

Edited by trooper3

[BB35]
Members
116 posts
20,829 battles
7 minutes ago, trooper3 said:

Too much $$ tied up.

Sunk cost fallacy.  If a game is no fun for you just move on.

• Cool 4

[SALVO]
Members
7,046 posts
5,529 battles
4 minutes ago, trooper3 said:

I haven't personally had this happen to me. I have done this to others! I landed a full broadside with the Vermont two nights ago for 50k. That is12 rounds on target that were all PENS while said ship was turning. Most of the time it is 8+ rounds on target. The thunderer, Ive landed full broadsides with it too while targets were juking and jiving. The thunderer is 6-7 on target avg. This is realistically not possible for the types of ships and tech it would've been equipped with.

As a lumbering BB maybe you don´t have enough maneuverability or are easier to predict. As a cruiser, I feel pretty safe at 17+ km. I've yet to be seriously blapped for more than 1 or 2 shells, imo it's kinda easier now to dodge the bulk of the salvo. Guys that can correctly predict your dodge are very rare.

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,790 posts
4,771 battles
10 minutes ago, trooper3 said:

This is realistically not possible for the types of ships and tech it would've been equipped with.

Yeeeah.  Don't think about things like that. 

As Rudy Rucker once said, "Don't pick at the metaphor.  I leaves scars."

[FEM]
Members
9,192 posts
12,003 battles

The thing everyone has to remember is this is a game, and multi-player games change constantly. Sometimes, those changes are huge, and take time to adjust to. Those who can adapt thrive, and those who can't become food for those who can. I understand many of us find a sweet spot within the game, and we don't want to lose it and in effect begin again, searching for a new sweet spot, but this is how it is, and always will be.

[HOO]
Members
14 posts
5,264 battles
19 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

As a lumbering BB maybe you don´t have enough maneuverability or are easier to predict. As a cruiser, I feel pretty safe at 17+ km. I've yet to be seriously blapped for more than 1 or 2 shells, imo it's kinda easier now to dodge the bulk of the salvo. Guys that can correctly predict your dodge are very rare.

It was a hindenburg that I did that to.

25 minutes ago, cheapinkc said:

Sunk cost fallacy.  If a game is no fun for you just move on.

I don't think I will. I have paid for this game, I am going to give my opinion on this board. In fact, I don't think I will spend another dime, but instead will keep playing just so they have to pay for servers etc and lose money on me. Seeing as they have already made thousands.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[PHD]
Members
1,851 posts
7,264 battles

To bad I don't play randoms, otherwise it would be interesting to get my Asashio out of drydock. 

Wonder what will happen we subs make it to the game, all those DDs that can't scout will have something to do. They will protect the rear sitting BBs. Maybe WG does have a plan.

[SALVO]
Members
7,046 posts
5,529 battles
14 minutes ago, trooper3 said:

It was a hindenburg that I did that to.

Maybe he didn't dodge and was predictable, maybe you are really good predicting your targets. I've been dodging Thunderers/Vermonts/Yamatos in my Prinz Eugen/Amalfi/Cleveland to good effect, Vermont's shells in particular are sloooow, the problem with them is there are plenty and usually scatter quite a bit on a large area.

[TIGRB]
Members
939 posts
17,295 battles
1 hour ago, trooper3 said:

Id figure I would give wargaming the benefit of the doubt for this last update. WHAT A JOKE. This game has become utterly un-playable. No one moves up or spots anymore. World of deadeye. Hey my ships detectability is this..... but lets stay clear on the map borders to make sure. I feel that there needs to be a change, there is just too much broken in one go. Its stupid that you can land a whole salvo on a boat at 18km+ I understand its an arcade game, but that is utterly stupid.

And not very realistic either.

[TIGRB]
Members
939 posts
17,295 battles
1 hour ago, Col_Nasty said:

I'm having a blast myself.

Got all the daily crates and all the Daily missions completed already this morning!

I had a BLAST!

Sorry for being positive.

Col Out

ADAPT1.gif

Wow, I was positive you were always Negative Great Turn around! Lol.

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,790 posts
4,771 battles
4 minutes ago, GSXstage1 said:

Wow, I was positive you were always Negative Great Turn around! Lol.

The Colonel seems to have mellowed in his old age.

• Funny 2

[ERT1]
Members
7 posts
3,324 battles

Interesting discussions since the latest update; very informative.  

FWIW, I thoroughly enjoy this game!  The complexity and nuance for a real-time shooter are awesome.  Most don't realize that to get good you gotta read the manual on each ship and component to get max benefit.  

As a newer player, I find that most random matches are a loose ramble and only about 50% of the time will anyone - not everyone - coordinate their actions.  I've also noted that contrary to the WOWS game guides and videos (as well as hundreds of player howto videos) many do not use their ship as intended.  It's rare that I see a DD screen for CB/DD formations moving toward an objective; usually its a mad dash for the caps by the DDs with the CBs hanging around the islands and BBs plastered against the wall.  Still fun though, just frustrating when you know a better way...

Co-ops are point grabs or grinders for goodies: absolutely no teams, structure or plans - I think of Ted Nugent's 'Free for All' when I play these matches.  But they're perfect to learn the ins and outs of a new boat you just got, and to try out tactics, etc., since the bots are highly predictable.  Again still a blast!

Clan is still a crap shoot for me.  I'm used to the old style clans (Quake, Unreal, SC, yeah I'm old) and knew most of the folks in my clan personally, which meant if I was a [edited] or didn't support the clan I'd hear about it.  Peer pressure and all.   So far I've been able to participate in 3 clan battles, and during all three there was no comms or coord.  Here I was less than enthused.

So in summary, for the disillusioned player, it may have been ruined for you but I don't feel the same here.  Regardless of the ships or configs, if the player doesn't learn the mechanics and want to improve their stats then they're just a player, not a fan(atic) of the game.

I'm a little of both. :)

Edited by syberphule
[edited] was banned?
  • Cool 2

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,790 posts
4,771 battles
16 minutes ago, syberphule said:

during all three there was no comms

On comms, it's a whole different game (unless you're playing with a bag of tools).  Does your clan have a Discord server?  Highly recommended.

[-VT-]
Members
1,180 posts
28,819 battles
7 hours ago, SkaerKrow said:

Well no one is forcing you to always be negative and a Richard Cranium all the time.

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 2

[CO-OP]
Members
2,845 posts
28,456 battles

Speaking of junk, maybe we can get a pre-ironclad battle mode (Halloween or April Fool's)

Image result for war junks

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
2,546 posts
8 hours ago, trooper3 said:

Too much $$ tied up.

Game like wife. Its gone. Move on.

• Sad 1

[HOO]
Members
14 posts
5,264 battles
5 hours ago, syberphule said:

Interesting discussions since the latest update; very informative.  

FWIW, I thoroughly enjoy this game!  The complexity and nuance for a real-time shooter are awesome.  Most don't realize that to get good you gotta read the manual on each ship and component to get max benefit.  

As a newer player, I find that most random matches are a loose ramble and only about 50% of the time will anyone - not everyone - coordinate their actions.  I've also noted that contrary to the WOWS game guides and videos (as well as hundreds of player howto videos) many do not use their ship as intended.  It's rare that I see a DD screen for CB/DD formations moving toward an objective; usually its a mad dash for the caps by the DDs with the CBs hanging around the islands and BBs plastered against the wall.  Still fun though, just frustrating when you know a better way...

Co-ops are point grabs or grinders for goodies: absolutely no teams, structure or plans - I think of Ted Nugent's 'Free for All' when I play these matches.  But they're perfect to learn the ins and outs of a new boat you just got, and to try out tactics, etc., since the bots are highly predictable.  Again still a blast! 

Clan is still a crap shoot for me.  I'm used to the old style clans (Quake, Unreal, SC, yeah I'm old) and knew most of the folks in my clan personally, which meant if I was a [edited] or didn't support the clan I'd hear about it.  Peer pressure and all.   So far I've been able to participate in 3 clan battles, and during all three there was no comms or coord.  Here I was less than enthused.

So in summary, for the disillusioned player, it may have been ruined for you but I don't feel the same here.  Regardless of the ships or configs, if the player doesn't learn the mechanics and want to improve their stats then they're just a player, not a fan(atic) of the game.

I'm a little of both. :)

This game was better two years ago vs now. If you wouldve played prior to all the stupid changes and really played you would have a different opinion.

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
2,546 posts

I agree. I think the last two years or so worth of changes hurt the game.

I do play a game now and then a couple times a week, but its pretty much dabbling rather than playing for the win. If i sank something great. It does not matter anymore, there has been way too many BIG changes TOO fast for any of it to matter in terms of investing more game time and particularly dollars.

I usually buy a small amount of flags every so often, but this would be the first month I failed to do so. That money was spent on another game in Steam that provides a little better return on fun (Its a simulation) Im not leaving Wows. But the damage in game is done. I'll play a little bit a hour or two at most a week rather than 100 hours a week average in the past.

Next up should be the snowflake round two. It will take a couple of weeks to round up the steel. I no longer care about the coal. The steel will be finished for the year and it will be another two or three years before it's all in for a ship on the current steel sales page.

Edited by xHeavy