Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Iron_Clad_5000

Finding the Fun in a Post-Patch World

47 comments in this topic

Members
172 posts
8,870 battles

After the most recent patch I, like many others, found the new Capt. skill to be a major disappointment. Well we have all be down this road before, so we carry on as best as we can. I am finding that playing one or two ships which consistently perform well in the new meta works for me. I don't worry about completing directives they tend to take care of themselves.  Just go out and make your own fun in the V-world that War Gaming has provided. Enjoy!  

• Cool 1

[-VT-]
Members
1,180 posts
28,819 battles

Or find another game, this last big of silliness has got me looking. Truth be told

• Cool 3

[NAVAL]
[NAVAL]
Members
239 posts
13,802 battles

i cut my playing time down by 80%.. i went back to playing call of duty ww2

• Cool 2

[USCC2]
Members
6,463 posts
25 minutes ago, Iron_Clad_5000 said:

After the most recent patch I, like many others, found the new Capt. skill to be a major disappointment. Well we have all be down this road before, so we carry on as best as we can. I am finding that playing one or two ships which consistently perform well in the new meta works for me. I don't worry about completing directives they tend to take care of themselves.  Just go out and make your own fun in the V-world that War Gaming has provided. Enjoy!  

There have been many decisions that WG have made and I do feel the enjoyment levels of the game have dropped for me.

My time playing the game has therefore dropped and inevitably I will leave for other games I find more compelling. It can still be fun at times, and I will have good memories. :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 3

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
58 minutes ago, Iron_Clad_5000 said:

I found my fun by making progress on my backlog of unread books.  

• Funny 1

[PVE]
Members
5,101 posts
22,592 battles
1 hour ago, syp_twiz said:

My old clan went there.  They are still there.  I can't play that game one handed or I'd be there.

39 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

I found my fun by making progress on my backlog of unread books. 

Me too.  John Ringo is a favorite of mine.  Webber as well; but, has stopped writing about Honor Harrington.......drats.

1 hour ago, _WaveRider_ said:

There have been many decisions that WG have made and I do feel the enjoyment levels of the game have dropped for me.

My time playing the game has therefore dropped and inevitably I will leave for other games I find more compelling. It can still be fun at times, and I will have good memories. :Smile_honoring:

Alas, I find myself in this very position......  Playing time receding to "just to see how bad it's gotten"....  Old clan hasn't uninstalled; and, we play Narai as a Division and have fun.  But, everyone else has uninstalled.  Still looking for that "other title" and I've been re-playing Fallout 4 quite a bit.         :Smile_honoring:  hooah.

• Cool 1

[Y0L0W]
Beta Testers
353 posts
8,964 battles

i have been playing wartthunder hoping the passive meta will dissipate after some time.

Edited by EraserNZ1

[ASRN]
Beta Testers
762 posts
7,127 battles

Azur Lane

building LEGO sculptures

Watching chess:  looking forward to seeing Carlsen vs So.

Beta Testers
3,290 posts
26,945 battles
2 hours ago, Iron_Clad_5000 said:

The game is still installed in my table top PC . Finally made the decision to say bye bye after playing since Beta so my 402 ship shall collect dust maybe I may come back in a year or so to see how thing are but this last upgrade pushed me over the edge . Started playing a different game which to my surprise HOOKED me and very enjoying to play but can be just as expensive if you're not carful . The game is called Rise of Kingdoms and I've met players in my clan from all over the world all at different time zones from china and japan to players in Russia and Europe Great game but also with plenty of whale players but still a very enjoying game to play.....Bye  bye..............................   

Beta Testers
3,290 posts
26,945 battles
2 hours ago, vikingno2 said:

Or find another game, this last big of silliness has got me looking. Truth be told

Check out Rise Of Kingdoms very enjoying game .................

Beta Testers
3,290 posts
26,945 battles
1 hour ago, syp_twiz said:

Check out Rise of Kingdoms you can still be in a clan and compete against other players from around the world . I'm playing this new game on my Table top Computer nice graphics to boot................

[FORM]
Members
2,224 posts
13,240 battles
2 hours ago, vikingno2 said:

I was really disappointed for the first week or so, and I've pretty much given up playing my secondary ships and super cruisers, but I'm really surprised by the HUGE drop off with my friends, most really expected some talk from WG about tweaking the skills but the silence has just made them move on to other games.

*shrug*

• Cool 3

Beta Testers
3,290 posts
26,945 battles
1 hour ago, _WaveRider_ said:

Look up Rise of Kingdom very addictive and enjoying game playing with other live players , so try to join a clan there to get better benefits to help grow your city and armies...........  

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
7,046 posts
5,529 battles
39 minutes ago, Tachnechdorus said:

Look up Rise of Kingdom

Phone games on PC are heresy

• Cool 3

[TF16A]
[TF16A]
Members
173 posts
16,893 battles

Ive been playing alot less ... started back up on Fallout4 and Skyrim... and i am having fun with them.

[KWF]
Members
5,803 posts
7,013 battles

Cut up on my playtime and when I'm playing WoWs, the "fun" I find is builds made to grief BBs, which in itself is cancerous :Smile_sad:.

Which is bad, considering I planned on playing BBs more as I have somewhat neglected the class.

Edited by warheart1992

[USCC2]
Members
6,463 posts
1 hour ago, Tachnechdorus said:

Look up Rise of Kingdom very addictive and enjoying game playing with other live players , so try to join a clan there to get better benefits to help grow your city and armies...........  

Will have a look, thank you. :Smile_honoring:

[O_O]
Members
66 posts
3,072 battles

in the beginning i was dissapointed with the new skill system but now i actually have fun by trying everything out and resetting the skills all the time for free.

i really like that i can use one captain on different ships and types so the training goes faster than normal.

• Cool 1
  • Sad 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,665 posts
25,152 battles
1 hour ago, GIN_Pirate said:

in the beginning i was dissapointed with the new skill system but now i actually have fun by trying everything out and resetting the skills all the time for free.

i really like that i can use one captain on different ships and types so the training goes faster than normal.

The new "system" is great IMHO, I really like how we can train a captain with skills appropriate for different types of ships. This is a huge improvement to the game. The only thing I don't like about the skill rework, are the skills and the cost of skills. Some of them are just not worth the points they are asking and a few really need tweaking, most notably the "Grease the Gears" skill. If you look at the complaint posts, they are always focused on the skills themselves and not the skill system. I know that is a minor point for many but it is a significant difference for the game itself.

• Meh 1

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
2,819 posts
2,663 battles
14 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

It's funny that all the things good about the skill rebork, are not the actual skills themselves. 

Some of them are pretty good.  Love having extra active time on my hydro, radar, smoke, etc.

[KENT]
Members
409 posts
7,044 battles

When people ask me why I still want to play this game after all that's happened, telling me to quit and play something else? Why would I possibly want to play this game anymore?

This is why

image.thumb.png.235f7247fd6222452d1c3845eb4b5547.png

120543_156_1611269633.png

Edited by mcgibe
  • Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
7,046 posts
5,529 battles
18 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

It's funny that all the things good about the skill rebork, are not the actual skills themselves. 

the particular skills are not that important at this point, they are meant to be adjusted at some point down the road. What's important is the new structure with different trees for every type and multiclass ability for the captains... 

• Thanks 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
Just now, ArIskandir said:

the particular skills are not that important at this point, they are meant to be adjusted at some point down the road. What's important is the new structure with different trees for every type and multiclass ability for the captains... 

Different skills for each type, has turned out to be the worst part of this rebork. 

As for the skills themselves, they're the only part that actually matter.  

Sign in to follow this