Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
sdj_2016

New Captain skill: "From the Grave" - Russian Captains get to fire after dying.

11 comments in this topic

[-UCS-]
Members
111 posts
11,313 battles

WG must have put a new captain skill in: "From the Grave" where Russian Bot Captains get to fire one salvo after the ship is destroyed.   

I killed a bot Soyuz. Soyuz was approx. 2.5 seconds shell flight time away.  I fire, zoom back out and start looking around the surrounding area,. I hear the "bling" of a kill.  I am then detonated ~10.45 seconds later by the same Soyuz.  My shell flight time was about ~2.5 seconds,  The Soyuz has a similar flight time, it is reasonable to assume that the Soyuz fired shells about ~6.9 seconds after being killed with a 4 citadel salvo from my Musashi. Needless to say, Admiral Yamamoto was peeved. 

Is "From the Grave" a  5 point skill?

I can upload the replay if anyone wants to examine the evidence and speculate on what happened

Edit: Never Mind.... After viewing the replay 4 times,  The Soyuz did get a salvo off that caused flooding.  

Edited by sdj_2016

[VOP]
Members
963 posts
10 minutes ago, sdj_2016 said:

WG must have put a new captain skill in: "From the Grave" where Russian Bot Captains get to fire one salvo after the ship is destroyed.   

I killed a bot Soyuz. Soyuz was approx. 2.5 seconds shell flight time away.  I fire, zoom back out and start looking around the surrounding area,. I hear the "bling" of a kill.  I am then detonated ~10.45 seconds later by the same Soyuz.  My shell flight time was about ~2.5 seconds,  The Soyuz has a similar flight time, it is reasonable to assume that the Soyuz fired shells about ~6.9 seconds after being killed with a 4 citadel salvo from my Musashi. Needless to say, Admiral Yamamoto was peeved. 

Is "From the Grave" a  5 point skill?

I can upload the replay if anyone wants to examine the evidence and speculate on what happened

It's fine, just a variation of the launch all torps on death for bots.

• Haha 1

Banned
1,678 posts
1,286 battles
45 minutes ago, sdj_2016 said:

Edit: Never Mind.... After viewing the replay 4 times,  The Soyuz did get a salvo off that caused flooding.  

Can you still post it? Salvos don't cause flooding

[RM-I]
[RM-I]
Members
964 posts
10,209 battles

I am confused as well. You died from flooding after he fired a salvo at you? Are you sure you didn't eat a torp or get rammed as others have mentioned?

Members
6,213 posts
8,078 battles
2 hours ago, Airjellyfish said:

It's fine, just a variation of the launch all torps on after death for bots.

FTFY

They almost always seem to launch after the bot has died. :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
25,207 posts
21,051 battles

Main gun salvos can't cause flooding.

• Cool 1

[A-D-F]
Members
1,293 posts
12,304 battles
5 hours ago, Lert said:

Main gun salvos can't cause flooding.

Spreadsheet is aware of this development and devoting available resources from the art department to look into it.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
14 hours ago, Airjellyfish said:

It's fine, just a variation of the launch all torps on death for bots.

Yeap. 

11 hours ago, GhostSwordsman said:

FTFY

They almost always seem to launch after the bot has died. :Smile_hiding:

Yeap.

Edited by KilljoyCutter

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,806 posts
4,771 battles
16 hours ago, sdj_2016 said:

I am then detonated

The Soyuz did get a salvo off that caused flooding. 

From the new edition of the Book of Flooding:  Only rams and torps can cause flooding.

Flooding can't cause detonation.  However, shell near-misses *can* cause detonations.  It wouldn't have been Sovetsky Soyuz that late, but someone else? 

So what killed you?  Fire, flood or det?

Replay?

[-UCS-]
Members
111 posts
11,313 battles

Went back to video review booth.  The call on the field has been reversed:  Fire was the resulting cause of the death of my ship.  A secondary shell ignited a fire shortly before the Soyuz salvo hit me.   I was focused on another ship and missed the warning.  I could not have stopped the fire in any case, damage control and repair party were on cool down. Thanks to all for the insight.  

Sign in to follow this