Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
motaz87

battlecruisers

8 comments in this topic

[NET]
Beta Testers
574 posts
6,246 battles

i knows its beating a dead horse but when if ever will we see renown and or repulse make an appearance? the brits had enough battlecruisers to make almost a full tech line. for that matter where is the R class battleships? its would make a nice tier 5 premium bb.

[ARS]
Beta Testers
5,826 posts
6,041 battles

Eight 15" BL Mk Is at tier V?  No.

• Cool 1

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,943 posts
18,391 battles

I kinda play the Scharnhorst, Odin, Jean Bart, Bourgogne like battle cruisers. I’ve heard the Stalingrad does the same.

[PISD]
Members
1,855 posts
6,143 battles
1 hour ago, motaz87 said:

for that matter where is the R class battleships? its would make a nice tier 5 premium bb.

R are in a weird spot. If you bring one in, you would probably bring Royal Oak but even as the more modern she was not as upgraded as the Queen Elizabeth. And, by design, they are slower QE so they kinda fall in the tier 5.5, and will need a gimmick (super heal) to be place a tier 6.

1 hour ago, motaz87 said:

i knows its beating a dead horse but when if ever will we see renown and or repulse make an appearance? the brits had enough battlecruisers to make almost a full tech line

Well, yes. If you include the Admiral and the G3, you could go up to tier 9 quite easily.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
8,955 posts
15,815 battles

The R class battleships were sometimes issued supercharges for their shells, the better ballistics compared to the QEs (which had longer range due to 30' turret elevation on the modernized ships so didn't need them). 

That would help somewhat narrow the distance to the QEs, they're also a bit more compact, bit better armored (extents vs thickness) and could have a few soft stat buffs. 

[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
1,167 posts
11,317 battles

British Battlecruiser split from battleships at tier IV as an alternate research from Bellerophon: with improved heal, engine boost, and improved AP like the light cruisers, but no HE

Premiums: V Tiger (Same as line), VI Repulse (With defensive AA), and IX Scotland (Same as Great Britain except regular heal and has HE) 

IV: Invincible

V: Princess Royal

VI: Renown

VII: Anson (Hood class )

VIII: Jellicoe (J3)

IX: Great Britain (G3)

X: Queen Victoria (K3)

[NET]
Beta Testers
574 posts
6,246 battles
On 2/13/2021 at 12:26 AM, Shannon_Lindsey said:

British Battlecruiser split from battleships at tier IV as an alternate research from Bellerophon: with improved heal, engine boost, and improved AP like the light cruisers, but no HE

Premiums: V Tiger (Same as line), VI Repulse (With defensive AA), and IX Scotland (Same as Great Britain except regular heal and has HE) 

IV: Invincible

V: Princess Royal

VI: Renown

VII: Anson (Hood class )

VIII: Jellicoe (J3)

IX: Great Britain (G3)

X: Queen Victoria (K3)

sounds great to me! i dont know why the powers that be do not implement this in some fashion. i suppose getting russian air craft carriers and subs is more of a priority.

Beta Testers
49 posts
11,772 battles
On 2/12/2021 at 5:47 PM, motaz87 said:

i knows its beating a dead horse but when if ever will we see renown and or repulse make an appearance? the brits had enough battlecruisers to make almost a full tech line. for that matter where is the R class battleships? its would make a nice tier 5 premium bb.

I suspect the Battlecruiser lines aren't in because WG is getting close to the bottom of the well so to speak when it comes to BB lines. I think they've been keeping them in reserve so they can extend out content. 

With the Italian BBs coming out, they really only have at best 4 possible lines remaining for BBs without going to pure design/made up lines.

1. British Battlecruisers - as mentioned, there are enough actual ships to get up to at least tier 7 (albeit Tier 7 being one of Hood's canceled sister ships) and then actual designs to go the rest of the way.

2. German Battlecruisers - Again, you have enough actual ships to do the 1st half of the line, the top half becomes a bit problematic because they've released so many possible designs as Premiums though. Considering the last two cruisers in the german CA line are completely made up, this might not be a problem for WG though.

3. Pan-Europe BB line - There are actually enough real BBs and designs that were considered to get a Pan-Europe BB line made up of ships from Spain, Netherlands, Austria, Turkey and even Greece (they'd ordered a Bretagne clone prior to WW1 that ended up being interrupted by the war and was scrapped on the slip iirc). Tiers 9 and 10 are a possible problem but again, that hasn't stopped WG in the past.

4. Pan-America BB line - Similar to Europe, you have enough actual ships and designs to get most of the way up to Tier 7 or maybe 8.

Once those lines are done, there isn't too much more WG can draw on that won't be pure design or made up lines for the BBs. I suppose they could flesh out the lower tiers for the American BB split and maybe do some sort of split with the Japanese line but with Hyuga and Ise already announced as Premiums, there isn't much left other than the never completed Tosa class.

Sign in to follow this