You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Waylon112

Research bureau...

8 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
110 posts
3,352 battles

Does anybody know when the 4X research bureau starts?  I thought it was today.

[KREW]
[KREW]
Members
477 posts
20,764 battles
1 minute ago, Filthywon said:

To get a 4x bonus, you need to carry a 2x bonus over from a previous season.

Unless there has been some adjustment made in RB that wasn't announced in the news...

[PVE]
Members
110 posts
3,352 battles
38 minutes ago, Admiral_Kartoffel said:

To get a 4x bonus, you need to carry a 2x bonus over from a previous season.

Unless there has been some adjustment made in RB that wasn't announced in the news...

What does that mean? I'm regrinding the USN BB line, I'm still getting the regular 2x so far.

If I start regrounding another line will that be 4x?  Sorry for the rookie questions I'm new to this.

[KIA-C]
Members
204 posts
20,710 battles

No.  You'll keep your US BB *2 bonus until you get back to tier X, regardless of how long it takes.

In a week (or whatever, didn't look) you get the opportunity to reset a second line with a double bonus.  Which will last until that line is at tier X as well, repeat as desired.

If you had finished your US BB line by now, you could choose to do it all over (again) for another round of double points.

If you finish your US BB line any time over the next 3 months you can choose to reset it again for double points using the bonus that becomes available (for whatever you reset first) in a week.

The only way to get more than a "double bonus" IF you have enough free XP (about a million for DD's (cheapest)) is to;
Use free XP to research the line (researching only what's needed to get to the next ship, do not buy anything).  You do not need to have a ship in port to get to the next one, only have it researched.
Once you get researched back to X (don't buy that either), you can reset that line again.  Which pays you nothing of course (you have nothing to sell), but resets the line back to I, and you start over getting double without the "*2 coupon".
OR (for example), you wait for the double, use the FXP technique (once) you'd end up getting triple.

I thought this whole thing was bananas but I reset my EU DD line in November using the double bonus thing, then dropped 2 mil FXP to reset it twice more, resulting in your *4 bonus - what can I say?  I love playing the line (most of it lol).

P.S.: For the love of all that is holy; do not spend real money on FXP (free xp).

• Thanks 1

[CO-OP]
Members
2,871 posts
28,557 battles
1 hour ago, Filthywon said:

What does that mean? I'm regrinding the USN BB line, I'm still getting the regular 2x so far.

If I start regrounding another line will that be 4x?  Sorry for the rookie questions I'm new to this.

The first time you reset a line during a RB season (~3 months) you get a x2 bonus.  If you use FXP to research a line you can save the 2x bonus until the next reset season.  If you do this, then you can stack the bonuses and get a x4 RP bonus

@iDuckman gave you the link, but here is the section dealing with stacking bonuses:

Stacking resets

For a player rich in Free XP Free XP, this is the easiest way to accumulate Research Points Research Points (RP). The Tier V-X ships of a reset line need not be played to qualify for RP at an eventual first win.

A player can reset, then unlock an entire line using Free XP without purchasing or playing a single ship, and the Tier V-X ships will "remember" that they are due those Research Points at the first win. Then the player can reset, then unlock the same line without purchasing or playing a ship, and the Tier V-X ships will "remember" that they are due more Research Points at the first win. When those ships eventually are purchased and played for a win, the accrued Research Points are awarded.

Example

1) In Season 1 a player unlocks his fifth tech tree Tier X ship and immediately receives 10,000 Research Points.
2) He resets his Wows_flag_Germany.png KM cruiser line. All Tier II+ KM cruisers in port etc. are sold. Then he spends (roughly 650,000) FXP Free XP to unlock all nine ship through Tier X yet purchases none of them. His Tier V through X ships thus gain the ability to play for double Research Points (the Season 1 bonus) at any future time — 20,400 Research Points for all five.
3) In the same season, the player resets his KM cruiser line again, and again unlocks Free XP all nine ships. His Tier V through X ships thus can play for another RP award — an additional 10,200 Research Points for all five.
4) As his first reset of Season 2, the player resets his KM cruiser line for the third time, and again spends Free XP to unlock all nine ships. His Tier V through X ships thus accrue access to yet another double Research Points award (the Season 2 bonus) — 20,400 Research Points.
5) He then purchases his five Tier V-X ships and plays five Co-op games, all wins, thus earning a total of 51,000 Research Points to add to the 10,000 Research Points qualifying bonus, giving him 61,000 Research Points — enough to buy Colbert (57,000 Research Points).

He has spent roughly 2M Free XP, (assuming he buys no modules) ~51M Credits, and played 6 games. Elapsed time, about 2 hours total

• Thanks 1

[SGSS]
Members
5,811 posts
4 hours ago, Filthywon said:

You can reset 1 line for 2 times the points