You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Pirate_Named_Sue

Games like this ...

22 comments in this topic

[VORTX]
Members
584 posts
7,678 battles

Its been two days of really rough games.  This game took the cake though. I had a nice game, and most of the team wasn't throwing it either. So what happened?  I am going to point out basic stats of two of the players, both happen to be CV. The winning teams CV is a hair short of being a unicum CV player (59.4%). Our team? 38%. Yep. Thirty eight percent. CV have a massive influence over a match, if you are that poor at CV, stay in coop or lower tiers until you improve a bit. Please. I am going back to coop for the remainder of the evening. Actually [edited] that, I want a beer first ... and maybe a shot. 

Screen Shot 2021-02-12 at 5.58.07 PM copy.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-02-12 at 5.58.32 PM copy.jpg

• Cool 2
  • Haha 2
  • Meh 1

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,919 posts

ops did i forget to set my profile to private again...

• Funny 1

[SALVO]
Members
6,969 posts
5,510 battles
10 minutes ago, Pirate_Named_Sue said:

... and maybe a shot. 

Take it easy pal, a game is not worth it...

• Funny 1
  • Haha 2

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,265 posts
12,210 battles

Nice game and a beer and a shot sounds like a great idea good luck to you going forward . It's Friday so don't go to coop just keep drinking it's more fun and hopefully no work tomorrow ..

[VORTX]
Members
584 posts
7,678 battles
16 minutes ago, SKurj said:

ops did i forget to set my profile to private again...

You're a 50% player. I'd take that any day. 

8 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

Take it easy pal, a game is not worth it...

Too late. Bourbon. 

2 minutes ago, clammboy said:

Nice game and a beer and a shot sounds like a great idea good luck to you going forward . It's Friday so don't go to coop just keep drinking it's more fun and hopefully no work tomorrow ..

Thanks! Long day tomorrow and Sunday actually, but it means I'll skip the weekend loss streak. :cap_cool:

• Cool 1

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,265 posts
12,210 battles
Just now, Pirate_Named_Sue said:

Too late. Bourbon. 

Thanks! Long day tomorrow and Sunday actually, but it means I'll skip the weekend loss streak. :cap_cool:

I have work to both days also but at least I get off early . I start drinking at 7 EST 10 more minutes but I have to take it easy up at 6am tomorrow .

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
4,207 posts
12,777 battles
29 minutes ago, Pirate_Named_Sue said:

Its been two days of really rough games.  This game took the cake though. I had a nice game, and most of the team wasn't throwing it either. So what happened?  I am going to point out basic stats of two of the players, both happen to be CV. The winning teams CV is a hair short of being a unicum CV player (59.4%). Our team? 38%. Yep. Thirty eight percent. CV have a massive influence over a match, if you are that poor at CV, stay in coop or lower tiers until you improve a bit. Please. I am going back to coop for the remainder of the evening. Actually [edited] that, I want a beer first ... and maybe a shot. 

You forgotten the other 10 players on your team. You were one of only two players to actually broach the 1k carry your weight mark. I'd put more blame on yor fletcher who survived on ~600 xp. Fletcher is one of the more powerful DDs of that tier. 

Looks to me that almost your entire team should/could take a day sail to Coop.

Meanwhile, CVs are not lag friendly and take an abnormal amount of effort to produce meager results. Maybe if your CV focused on spotting it would have been a better battle. But with ten players with less than 1k xp? There is no way your getting away with blaming (1) player when 11 more are clearly at fault.

But guess what? That Smolensk and Kitikaze probably have a lot more to do with that red CVs triumph than you could bear to admit.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,265 posts
12,210 battles
20 minutes ago, Crokodone said:

You forgotten the other 10 players on your team. You were one of only two players to actually broach the 1k carry your weight mark. I'd put more blame on yor fletcher who survived on ~600 xp. Fletcher is one of the more powerful DDs of that tier. 

Seems like a lot of players on the losing team don't get to 1000 XP . I don't know if that's anything to abnormal these days . 

Edited by clammboy

Members
4,003 posts
14,515 battles
3 minutes ago, clammboy said:

Seems like a lot of players on the losing team don't get to 1000 XP . I don't know if that's anything to abnormal these days . 

That's normal. If you score 500xp or less on a losing team T8+. You pretty much landed 2 salvos and died. Less than 1000xp on a winning team, about the same situation. 

All his spotting (cept the Kag) played pretty bad. Cant have 3/4 of your dds bottom scoring along with the CV. Just not good play by some important ships. 

[VORTX]
Members
584 posts
7,678 battles
26 minutes ago, Crokodone said:

Looks to me that almost your entire team should/could take a day sail to Coop.

Meanwhile, CVs are not lag friendly and take an abnormal amount of effort to produce meager results. Maybe if your CV focused on spotting it would have been a better battle. But with ten players with less than 1k xp? There is no way your getting away with blaming (1) player when 11 more are clearly at fault.

But guess what? That Smolensk and Kitikaze probably have a lot more to do with that red CVs triumph than you could bear to admit.

Our DD's did stink. I think our Shima was even AFK (I'd have to refer to a replay, which I don't have the luxury of having or the time to dedicate). With that said, your CV defense is piss poor. Our CV was just a crapplayer. 400+ battles and a sub 40% win rate in every class of ship (minus DD, only 100 battles there). I am willing to extend my initial reaction and partial blame to include the DD's as well, however my anti-CV stance means I must continue to prioritize blaming the CV, whom clearly is at fault for the majority of the blame as one of our DD's at least survived and played spotting duty. His torps were not blessed by RNGesus nearly as much as his rudder.

• Funny 1

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
4,207 posts
12,777 battles
38 minutes ago, Pirate_Named_Sue said:

my anti-CV stance means

Means nothing you say is credible because it's not only out of proportion, but context. In the end degenerating onto raving maniacs. 

As the game stands, DDs hold the most crucial role in a battle. That said, every ship holds a crucial role, that makes or breaks a team when not fulfilled.

55 minutes ago, Rollingonit said:

That's normal

You mean abnormal. Most battles where the score is sub 900? Mean they dodged a few shots and started a few fires; no more than 30k damage against 1-3 ships plus assistance (spotting, capping, cap defense or potential damage. 900-1k? Usually in the +50k range involving 4-5 ships. I've seen battles where maybe one on either team ship scored leas than 1k apiece.

• Funny 1

Members
4,003 posts
14,515 battles
4 minutes ago, Crokodone said:

You mean abnormal. Most battles where the score is sub 900? Mean they dodged a few shots and started a few fires; no more than 30k damage against 1-3 ships plus assistance (spotting, capping, cap defense or potential damage. 900-1k? Usually in the +50k range involving 4-5 ships. I've seen battles where maybe one on either team ship scored leas than 1k apiece.

Looks normal for a bad team. Close game, where players play alright, sure yah alot of players winning or losing will score above 1k XP. But there are far more bad players than good players in this game. So sub 1k scores on a losing team is  pretty normal. 

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,265 posts
12,210 battles
47 minutes ago, Rollingonit said:

Looks normal for a bad team. Close game, where players play alright, sure yah alot of players winning or losing will score above 1k XP. But there are far more bad players than good players in this game. So sub 1k scores on a losing team is  pretty normal. 

This ^^^ for sure very rarlely into todays lopsided wins or losses do you see 6 players over 1000 XP on the losing team . it just doesn't happen much anymore once in while in a good close game but how often does that happen ?

[ALLY]
Members
371 posts
20,470 battles
8 hours ago, Pirate_Named_Sue said:

Too late. Bourbon. 

Hey Sue,

Since you have a name based off of a song, have "One Bourbon, One Scotch, and One Beer"!

C130 signing out

• Haha 1

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
4,207 posts
12,777 battles
13 hours ago, Rollingonit said:

game. So sub 1k scores on a losing team is  pretty normal. 

Not the entire team.

[SGSS]
Members
5,752 posts
17 hours ago, Pirate_Named_Sue said:

You had an amazing game.  But nope CV hate inbound.

[SALVO]
Members
6,969 posts
5,510 battles
2 minutes ago, Pete_Darling said:

image.thumb.png.9ad58c5ddc38a5ec43db65fc5a32c5fe.png

Interesting situation.

Only one DD per side, red's gets snuffed (CV ty very much), your side has full control of caps. Easy win.

Members
655 posts
17,948 battles
26 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

Interesting situation.

Only one DD per side, red's gets snuffed (CV ty very much), your side has full control of caps. Easy win.

You pretty much nailed it. The Cleveland and I held the western flank alone while I capped. Fletcher made one mistake and that was smoking up when I smacked him as he tried to contest. Cleveland stayed close enough to me to Radar and help with his flak against the CV. 

Basically what I tend to see (Before the commander rework as well) is that you end up with one team that will push against a team that is playing too passive. Sure they may have one guy that wants to be aggressive but without support he just gets farmed. 

In that game the Reds didn't support the Fletcher with the exception of the CV that just flew into a AA gunboat DD and an AA cruiser so you can see how that went. Sure I was the only DD but not an ideal target for a CV. If they would have pushed more as a whole they may have been able to break one of the two flanks and done a bit more. My flank was pretty weak yet both myself and Cleveland survived with little contest. 

Edited by Pete_Darling
  • Cool 1

[VORTX]
Members
584 posts
7,678 battles
1 hour ago, jags_domain said:

You had an amazing game.  But nope CV hate inbound.

Thank you, I had a decent game and got lucky with being able get the kills. We had good support on the flank I was on. Unfortunately the other flank largely collapsed. My major skill set in WOWS is not derping. 🤣

[FORM]
Members
310 posts
2,161 battles
21 hours ago, Pirate_Named_Sue said:

Our team? 38%. Yep. Thirty eight percent.

I wish being bad at high tier was more costly in credits. That way if you really want to play with the top tier players, you have to earn your way there. You can do it buy grinding credits at lower tier (easier with investing in prem time & ships,) or you can just git gud... but players that bad at tier 10 really have a big negative impact on a team.

Fortunately the player pool is big enough you don't have to see the same player more than once a day, usually. And if you do, he might be on the other team next time.

[SGSS]
Members
5,752 posts
12 hours ago, Pirate_Named_Sue said:

Thank you, I had a decent game and got lucky with being able get the kills. We had good support on the flank I was on. Unfortunately the other flank largely collapsed. My major skill set in WOWS is not derping. 🤣

I have never seen that many medals in one game.  You have almost all of them.

Hope to play that good someday

• Thanks 1