Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Kamiyama01

Request for new premium Russian DD: Fidonisy

8 comments in this topic

Members
7 posts
1,077 battles

I love the Derzki and also like the Isyaslav. The many fast-firing  450mm torpedoes are what I like the most. But then Russian DD's hit Tier V and get the bigger 533mm torpedoes they also come with longer 60+ second reload times. The Ognevoi is the lone exception with 55 second reload time but only 6 tubes.

I would like a premium DD with many fast reload torpedoes. I think the FIdonisy would be a great fit, maybe around tier 5.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fidonisy-class_destroyer

For comparison:

Derzki: 3x 102mm guns, 5x twin 450mm torpedo tubes

Isyaslav: 5x 102mm guns, 3x triple 450mm torpedo tubes

Fidonisy: 4x 102mm guns, 4x triple 450mm torpedo tubes

Stat-wise it looks similar to the Isyaslav, but trades a gun for another torpedo launcher. It also has 3 of its guns facing rear, so it could lay down the pain on anything trying to follow it.

IMO make it similar to the Isyaslav, same speed, same torpedo reload, but maybe a slightly more HP and I would be happy with it.

I kind of wish there was a torpedo spammer line but I suck at high level DD play anyway. I like YOLO running into the enemy and assassinating the battleships. But that doesn't work well at high tiers where everyone has long-range artillery.

Thanks for your time.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Meh 2

Members
7 posts
1,077 battles

It would have less alpha strike than the Tier V Podvoisky.

Fidonisy:

4x 102mm guns (1500 HE, 1800 AP)

12x 450mm torpedoes (6167 damage x12 = 74,004)

Podvoisky:

5x 130mm guns (1900 HE, 2500 AP)

6x 533mm torpedoes (14400 x6 = 86,400)

The Fido beats it DPS wise when you factor in that it's torpedoes would have half the reload time. 

I think Tier V would be a good spot, and I would love to play against Tier VII ships with it in Co-Op.

I don't do PvP that much so I couldn't guess how it would perform there. It would probably get torn apart with the 4km range on the torps.

[KWF]
Members
5,832 posts
7,025 battles

Pretty sure the playstyle you want is covered somewhat by Okhotnik. 4x3 torpedo launchers with 47 secs reload, 7x130mm and some damn good stealth. Works pretty well in ambushes at the maps filled with cover.

Members
7 posts
1,077 battles
8 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Pretty sure the playstyle you want is covered somewhat by Okhotnik. 4x3 torpedo launchers with 47 secs reload, 7x130mm and some damn good stealth. Works pretty well in ambushes at the maps filled with cover.

Didn't notice that since I didn't see it on the tech tree. But it's in the premium shop.

It's very close with 12 tubes and 47 second reload. And has 5 guns.

I'll probably pick it up. Thanks!

[RLGN]
Members
15,693 posts
27,458 battles
1 hour ago, Kamiyama01 said:

Didn't notice that since I didn't see it on the tech tree. But it's in the premium shop.

It's very close with 12 tubes and 47 second reload. And has 5 guns.

I'll probably pick it up. Thanks!

With all centerline launchers and seven guns, Hot is a great ambush killer. It can also swamp the path of over aggressive Red DDs that push in too close.

Played a Co-op game in Pod the other night with the FtT skill. Not sure if it really made much any difference, but it was a blast of a six kill game, including a Colorado and a Nelson.

Sign in to follow this