Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ArIskandir

A small change to planes

12 comments in this topic

[SALVO]
Members
7,066 posts
5,529 battles

Let's say I'm allowed to one small change in the game, just one variable...

I would like to have planes turning circle doubled (or turning rate halved, as you prefer)

If planes turn slower, then:

• Flak can't be dodged as easily, so it becomes more effective
  • Attacks need to be properly lined up and late adjustments becomes less viable, so dodging and evasive maneuvers become more significant 
  • Re-engaments for consecutive attack runs require more distance to be properly lined up, so there's more time to adjust position and prepare for the attack

So what do you say WG, one simple across the board turning circle increase for planes?

• Cool 6
  • Meh 1

[GRETA]
Members
1,384 posts
10,609 battles

No such thing as something for nothing,  what are you willing to give up "across the board" to get this "small change".

• Thanks 1

Members
2,070 posts
12,694 battles
1 minute ago, HallaSnackbar said:

No such thing as something for nothing,  what are you willing to give up "across the board" to get this "small change".

I'm willing to cut down my anti CV posts to just 5 a week.

• Funny 2

[GRETA]
Members
1,384 posts
10,609 battles
Just now, Rouxi said:

I'm willing to cut down my anti CV posts to just 5 a week.

Your tears fuel my planes, not a fair trade.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
7,066 posts
5,529 battles
6 minutes ago, HallaSnackbar said:

better aiming for planes, smaller reticules, less RNG...

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,922 posts

i wonder if the reasons for these abilities the planes have is to try and represent multiple waves which would in reality be all attacking at the same time... or close to it...

[WAIFU]
Members
892 posts
11,631 battles

these changes you and others suggest dont even hurt cv dpm but help players and the cv at least somewhat use skill. Low tier is even worse since you can get double cv and theres nothing you can honestly do if the cvs gang up on you

[SALVO]
Members
7,066 posts
5,529 battles
4 minutes ago, Suzutsuki_Kai said:

these changes you and others suggest dont even hurt cv dpm but help players and the cv at least somewhat use skill. Low tier is even worse since you can get double cv and theres nothing you can honestly do if the cvs gang up on you

The idea here is somewhat of a two bird one stone thing:

• First, close a bit the skill gap in relation flak dodging. For some skilled guys Flak does not exist, for others with less skill Flak is murderous. With this change you limit a bit the skill ceiling, the guys that can dodge Flak will have a more difficult time doing it, the guys that don't will remain probably unaffected, Flak won't increase for them.
  • Given that dodging and positioning are the only "defenses" for surface ship (AA is automated and works more like taxes than active defense), making the attack trajectory of aircraft more "linear" and predictable helps ships to improve their chances of mitigating damage in case they take actual action. A little bit more of PvP interaction into the general PvE nature of the air-surface engagement. 

[D4DDY]
Members
24 posts
4,099 battles
1 hour ago, ArIskandir said:

Let's say I'm allowed to one small change in the game, just one variable...

I would like to have planes turning circle doubled (or turning rate halved, as you prefer)

If planes turn slower, then:

• Flak can't be dodged as easily, so it becomes more effective
  • Attacks need to be properly lined up and late adjustments becomes less viable, so dodging and evasive maneuvers become more significant 
  • Re-engaments for consecutive attack runs require more distance to be properly lined up, so there's more time to adjust position and prepare for the attack

So what do you say WG, one simple across the board turning circle increase for planes?

We should double the damage and no RNG. Then I am okay with doubling turning circle.or let’s double all ships’ turning circle.

Edited by _Sorry__

Members
2,070 posts
12,694 battles
8 hours ago, HallaSnackbar said:

Your tears fuel my planes, not a fair trade.

It's always nice to see CV players be honest and admit they're psychopaths.

[SIM]
Members
5,802 posts
9,266 battles

This could be an interesting change, though some CV planes already turn with all of the grace of an inebriated pig. An effective trade could be a small universal boost to the speed of planes using their engine boost consumable. The turning circle nerf would make consecutive attacks more difficult, but the added speed would prevent the remaining planes in a flight from being as significantly caught out by AA while creating the distance needed to take another bearing on the target. The end result would nominally be more time between attacks, without dramatically affecting plane survivability. 

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
7,066 posts
5,529 battles
7 hours ago, SkaerKrow said:

This could be an interesting change, though some CV planes already turn with all of the grace of an inebriated pig. An effective trade could be a small universal boost to the speed of planes using their engine boost consumable. The turning circle nerf would make consecutive attacks more difficult, but the added speed would prevent the remaining planes in a flight from being as significantly caught out by AA while creating the distance needed to take another bearing on the target. The end result would nominally be more time between attacks, without dramatically affecting plane survivability. 

Deal. I wouldn't mind that change.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this