Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.

23 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

554
[CAAT]
Members
1,030 posts
4,625 battles

Let's use California at 60s turret traverse time as an example. This is currently how it works under Grease The Gears:

180 deg / 60s = 3 deg/s 

3 deg/s + 20% of that value = 3.6 deg/s

180 deg/ 3.6 deg/s = 50s turret traverse time

This is VS. the original 48.6 turret traverse time using the old Expert Marksman. So it's SLOWER.

As many have deduced, the way Grease The Gears CURRENTLY works, is that it gives bigger buffs to faster turret traverse ships and lesser buffs to slower turret traverse ships. In other words, this skill is working IN REVERSE.

Seriously, Grease the Gears either needs reverting back to the +0.7 deg/s OR a direct reduction to turret traverse time, thereby eliminating the whole "faster traverse gets bigger buff, slower traverse get smaller buff" nonsense. As someone on here suggested, a direct turret traverse time reduction seems to be the best solution, and the simplest!

Using direct reduction method on California:

60s -20% of that value = 48s turret traverse time. (compared to 50s now under GtG)

What, wanna go slower? Let's check Musashi with her abysmally slow turrets:

72s -20% of that value = 57.6s turret traverse time (compared to 60s now under GtG)

Faster? For Massachusetts:

36s-20% of that value = 28.8s turret traverse time (compared to 30s now under GtG)

In the middle? For Colorado:

45s -20% of that value = 36s turret traverse time (compared to 37.5s now)

Speedy as heck? Let's try Kremlin.

30s -20% of that value = 24s (compared to 25s now, yes, even KREMLIN gets a slight boost, lols.)

TL;DR Turret traverse time reduction is better across the board, for virtually ALL turret traverse speeds over 30s. And if WG wants to keep it complex, just go back to Expert Marksman's +0.7 deg/s method. It's STILL better than the way Grease The Gears works currently.

Edited by SaiIor_Moon
  • Cool 1
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,207
[KWF]
Members
5,792 posts
7,007 battles

WG can keep the percentage base of the skill. Just add a rule that gives 25% faster turret traverse on any ship with over 60secs, while still giving 20% to the rest.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
554
[CAAT]
Members
1,030 posts
4,625 battles
35 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

WG can keep the percentage base of the skill. Just add a rule that gives 25% faster turret traverse on any ship with over 60secs, while still giving 20% to the rest.

In that case, +25% turret traverse speed should apply to ships with turret traverse time of 60s or higher, at LEAST. They're the ones that need it the most anyways. However, the turret traverse time reduction method does affect and cut ALL ship turret traverse times effectively.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,150
[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,919 posts

just make it a % reduction of the total time to traverse...  slow turrets will get a bigger boost than faster.. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
341
[USCG]
Members
748 posts
22,827 battles

I’d be happy if they just went back to the way they were. Right now some of my mid-tier DDs are horribly slow. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
4,085 posts
44,091 battles
2 hours ago, SaiIor_Moon said:

Let's use California at 60s turret traverse time as an example. This is currently how it works under Grease The Gears:

180 deg / 60s = 3 deg/s 

3 deg/s + 20% of that value = 3.6 deg/s

180 deg/ 3.6 deg/s = 50s turret traverse time

This is VS. the original 48.6 turret traverse time using the old Expert Marksman. So it's SLOWER.

As many have deduced, the way Grease The Gears CURRENTLY works, is that it gives bigger buffs to faster turret traverse ships and lesser buffs to slower turret traverse ships. In other words, this skill is working IN REVERSE.

Seriously, Grease the Gears either needs reverting back to the +0.7 deg/s OR a direct reduction to turret traverse time, thereby eliminating the whole "faster traverse gets bigger buff, slower traverse get smaller buff" nonsense. As someone on here suggested, a direct turret traverse time reduction seems to be the best solution, and the simplest!

Using direct reduction method on California:

60s -20% of that value = 48s turret traverse time. (compared to 50s now under GtG)

What, wanna go slower? Let's check Musashi with her abysmally slow turrets:

72s -20% of that value = 57.6s turret traverse time (compared to 60s now under GtG)

Faster? For Massachusetts:

36s-20% of that value = 28.8s turret traverse time (compared to 30s now under GtG)

In the middle? For Colorado:

45s -20% of that value = 36s turret traverse time (compared to 37.5s now)

Speedy as heck? Let's try Kremlin.

30s -20% of that value = 24s (compared to 25s now, yes, even KREMLIN gets a slight boost, lols.)

TL;DR Turret traverse time reduction is better across the board, for virtually ALL turret traverse speeds over 30s. And if WG wants to keep it complex, just go back to Expert Marksman's +0.7 deg/s method. It's STILL better than the way Grease The Gears works currently.

I use Tuxedo Mask with a huge can of WD40 to make up for the difference. He hits the turrets each time I go out. On Yamato class, he even helps push the turret into position. 

Since I have been working him out, he has gained muscle mass and has abs. Something he never had in the original series. He now runs around shirtless at my dock with my ship captain waifus having him run errands. 

He recently beat Chihaya Gunzo in a Lightsaber fight. Chihaya , with the magic of anime, had both his arms re-attached. They do work. Now he has this rad scar on both shoulders. 

Needless to say, Grease the Gears needs work as a skill. Yeah, maybe a flat rate would be best. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,454
[SALVO]
Members
26,129 posts
29,129 battles
14 minutes ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

Needless to say, Grease the Gears needs work as a skill. Yeah, maybe a flat rate would be best. 

Grease the Gears is already a flat rate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
554
[CAAT]
Members
1,030 posts
4,625 battles
1 hour ago, SKurj said:

just make it a % reduction of the total time to traverse...  slow turrets will get a bigger boost than faster.. 

 

That's literally what I said in my post, yes. Percentage reduction to total traverse time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
554
[CAAT]
Members
1,030 posts
4,625 battles
11 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Grease the Gears is already a flat rate.

I think what he means is that it should change back to the +0.7 deg/s, which COULD work, although I like the percentage reduction on traverse time method myself. Either will work though!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,454
[SALVO]
Members
26,129 posts
29,129 battles
2 minutes ago, SaiIor_Moon said:

I think what he means is that it should change back to the +0.7 deg/s, which COULD work, although I like the percentage reduction on traverse time method myself. Either will work though!

But that's not a flat rate.  That's a rate that changes as the size of the gun changes.

Furthermore, if you only think what someone means, then I'd say that the other person communications skills are rather lacking.  If you can't mean what you say, how can you ever say what you mean?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,047
[WPORT]
Members
8,118 posts
13,166 battles
55 minutes ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

I use Tuxedo Mask with a huge can of WD40 to make up for the difference. He hits the turrets each time I go out. On Yamato class, he even helps push the turret into position. 

Since I have been working him out, he has gained muscle mass and has abs. Something he never had in the original series. He now runs around shirtless at my dock with my ship captain waifus having him run errands. 

He recently beat Chihaya Gunzo in a Lightsaber fight. Chihaya , with the magic of anime, had both his arms re-attached. They do work. Now he has this rad scar on both shoulders. 

Needless to say, Grease the Gears needs work as a skill. Yeah, maybe a flat rate would be best. 

Pics and/or video, or it didn't happen.
:cap_look:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
4,085 posts
44,091 battles
1 hour ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Pics and/or video, or it didn't happen.
:cap_look:

Of the waifus, or Chihaya's scars on both arms. Or the vid of the sword fight? My photoshop is warming up....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
554
[CAAT]
Members
1,030 posts
4,625 battles
3 hours ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

I use Tuxedo Mask with a huge can of WD40 to make up for the difference. He hits the turrets each time I go out. On Yamato class, he even helps push the turret into position. 

Since I have been working him out, he has gained muscle mass and has abs. Something he never had in the original series. He now runs around shirtless at my dock with my ship captain waifus having him run errands. 

S-Shirtless Tuxedo Mask?!?! I uhhh.....well, ummm!!...ehhehe....euuhh...W-WAIT!!!

HEY!!! WHAT'S HE DOING ON YOUR SHIP?!?!?!?!!?

Image result for sailor moon surprise gif

 

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
554
[CAAT]
Members
1,030 posts
4,625 battles
3 hours ago, Crucis said:

But that's not a flat rate.  That's a rate that changes as the size of the gun changes.

Furthermore, if you only think what someone means, then I'd say that the other person communications skills are rather lacking.  If you can't mean what you say, how can you ever say what you mean?

Image result for sailor moon pool gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
4,085 posts
44,091 battles
4 hours ago, SaiIor_Moon said:

S-Shirtless Tuxedo Mask?!?! I uhhh.....well, ummm!!...ehhehe....euuhh...W-WAIT!!!

HEY!!! WHAT'S HE DOING ON YOUR SHIP?!?!?!?!!?

Image result for sailor moon surprise gif

 

He keeps turning up on a raft in co-op. I picked him up a few weeks ago. His adventures at Castle Anthrax started to wear him out and he escaped.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,047
[WPORT]
Members
8,118 posts
13,166 battles
9 hours ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

Of the waifus, or Chihaya's scars on both arms. Or the vid of the sword fight? My photoshop is warming up....

 

All of the above.  And it was a light-saber, not a sword, eh?

 

 

11 hours ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

I use Tuxedo Mask with a huge can of WD40 to make up for the difference. He hits the turrets each time I go out. On Yamato class, he even helps push the turret into position. 

Since I have been working him out, he has gained muscle mass and has abs. Something he never had in the original series. He now runs around shirtless at my dock with my ship captain waifus having him run errands. 

He recently beat Chihaya Gunzo in a Lightsaber fight. Chihaya , with the magic of anime, had both his arms re-attached. They do work. Now he has this rad scar on both shoulders. 

Needless to say, Grease the Gears needs work as a skill. Yeah, maybe a flat rate would be best. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
4,085 posts
44,091 battles
9 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

All of the above.  And it was a light-saber, not a sword, eh?

 

 

 

I called it the trial of the huge closet. I put them both in a huge closet with women's shoes on the floor. They are both barefoot but each holding a light saber and must duel within the confines of the closet only. The danger is not only the light sabers, but the heels below as they will start to turn up and poke you below. After a bloody lower extremity ordeal. One usually emerges. But Unfortunately, there were no cameras in the closet. The heels belong to Roon. She doesn't mind if they are covered in blood. None of the heels were damaged either. 

Roon is the odd one of the Waifus and it was her idea. Baltimore grabbed the arms. The arms were reattached by Diesel, ahem, Dr Diesel. 

The waifus do not want pictures to be released on account Chihaya was in several "positions" during rest and treatment. 

Tuxedo Mask pictures are on another website, if you know which one, where he has rock hard abs and is holding a light saber. But be warned, not for the faint of heart or whatever. 

The dude just needed a job. He keeps wandering about. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,047
[WPORT]
Members
8,118 posts
13,166 battles
1 hour ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

I called it the trial of the huge closet. I put them both in a huge closet with women's shoes on the floor. They are both barefoot but each holding a light saber and must duel within the confines of the closet only. The danger is not only the light sabers, but the heels below as they will start to turn up and poke you below. After a bloody lower extremity ordeal. One usually emerges. But Unfortunately, there were no cameras in the closet. The heels belong to Roon. She doesn't mind if they are covered in blood. None of the heels were damaged either. 

Roon is the odd one of the Waifus and it was her idea. Baltimore grabbed the arms. The arms were reattached by Diesel, ahem, Dr Diesel. 

The waifus do not want pictures to be released on account Chihaya was in several "positions" during rest and treatment. 

Tuxedo Mask pictures are on another website, if you know which one, where he has rock hard abs and is holding a light saber. But be warned, not for the faint of heart or whatever. 

The dude just needed a job. He keeps wandering about. 

So.... it happened.... in the land of "make believe".  :cap_tea:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
4,085 posts
44,091 battles
6 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

So.... it happened.... in the land of "make believe".  :cap_tea:

Well, it is listed in your location. The land of "Make Believe". If you straddle that spectrum, then you know it must exist. 

The problem is Sailor Moon has a wild imagination and has a tendency to overheat when it comes to imagining Tuxedo Mask and his adventures. But she has to know, that since she has been sailing about, Tuxedo Mask has not visited her port. Because Castle Anthrax, the Mermaids, ARP and Azur Lane waifus have "Distracted " him. 

Needless to say. I keep finding the dude on a raft in the middle of nowhere.  

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,047
[WPORT]
Members
8,118 posts
13,166 battles
8 hours ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

Well, it is listed in your location. The land of "Make Believe". If you straddle that spectrum, then you know it must exist. 

The problem is Sailor Moon has a wild imagination and has a tendency to overheat when it comes to imagining Tuxedo Mask and his adventures. But she has to know, that since she has been sailing about, Tuxedo Mask has not visited her port. Because Castle Anthrax, the Mermaids, ARP and Azur Lane waifus have "Distracted " him. 

Needless to say. I keep finding the dude on a raft in the middle of nowhere.  

So the "Waifus" are marooning him?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,047
[WPORT]
Members
8,118 posts
13,166 battles
3 hours ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

Oh yeah. But I believe the term in sailor parlance is waylay. 

:cap_wander_2::cap_hmm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×