You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Herr_Reitz

Remember to reset your commanders

31 comments in this topic

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,192 posts

Well I played but a few matches with the new commander skills. I've gone through all my commanders, resetting them to zero applied commander skills. Oh sure, I can't move them about ship-to-ship without retraining charges, but I move them all before the update landed. 

So may I suggest, if you are not happy with how your commanders' skill were applied by you, just go tier by tier and reset them to none applied. 

February 15th? I believe was the original deadline? This weekend's a great time to set them all back to none applied. 

In another month or so, when subs come out, maybe the skills will be worth sorting again.

As to my intentions, I'll probably only be playing premiums and a very few tech line ships, a very few. Subnautiqua has me in it's grasp nowdays. 

• Cool 2

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,760 posts
4,771 battles
13 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Subnautiqua has me in it's grasp nowdays.

Uh oh.  See you in a while.  I watched the Jingles playthrough of the first one and it looks like a whole lot of time-eating fun.

[WOLFB]
[WOLFB]
Members
322 posts
8,381 battles
26 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Subnautiqua has me in it's grasp nowdays. 

Really enjoyed my run throughs. Have Fun with it!

[FORM]
Members
2,207 posts
13,218 battles
29 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

February 15th? I believe was the original deadline? This weekend's a great time to set them all back to none applied. 

Pretty sure it was the 17th, before the 10.0.1 patch...

[RLGN]
Members
15,645 posts
27,371 battles
19 minutes ago, TheArc said:

Pretty sure it was the 17th, before the 10.0.1 patch...

I’d heard it will be the 15th, ending early like some events normally do; likely as an (unacknowledged) trap for anyone not paying attention.

Will do mine on Sunday, and after my rebuilds likely never bother with WG’s bells and whistles collosal waste of skill rework effort ever again.

[RCNW6]
Members
425 posts
2 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

I’d heard it will be the 15th, ending early like some events normally do; likely as an (unacknowledged) trap for anyone not paying attention.

Will do mine on Sunday, and after my rebuilds likely never bother with WG’s bells and whistles collosal waste of skill rework effort ever again.

The one button commander skills reset functionality ends on the 2/15 @ 5:00AM PST (Resetting Skills for All Commanders | World of Warships)

Free Skill resets end on 2/17 @ 2:00AM PST (Commander Skills Update | World of Warships

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 2

[RLGN]
Members
15,645 posts
27,371 battles
2 minutes ago, WaywardVariable said:

The one button commander skills reset functionality ends on the 2/15 @ 5:00AM PST (Resetting Skills for All Commanders | World of Warships)

Free Skill resets end on 2/17 @ 2:00AM PST (Commander Skills Update | World of Warships

Ah, good point.

Was obviously thinking about just the wipe reset, my bad.

[RCNW6]
Members
425 posts
1 hour ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Ah, good point.

Was obviously thinking about just the wipe reset, my bad.

No problemo, I think it's confusing because for some reason WG decided to make it two different dates and times. 

Happy Sailing! 

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
29,853 posts
25,782 battles

It's just stupid that you could only do the mass reset only once.  But it's even more stupid that the free resets will end before any changes to the skill system will be done.  These changes will be strung along over time like the CV Rebork, and you're going to have to pay Doubloons to do changes.  It's a big cash grab.

• Cool 4

[RLGN]
Members
15,645 posts
27,371 battles
5 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

It's just stupid that you could only do the mass reset only once.  But it's even more stupid that the free resets will end before any changes to the skill system will be done.  These changes will be strung along over time like the CV Rebork, and you're going to have to pay Doubloons to do changes.  It's a big cash grab.

If you play their game at least.

All the hype and my worry about getting a commander, any commander, to 21 points; and I’ve yet to do so. (I could get 4-5 of them with a few clicks.) I haven’t yet seen the need for doing so.

Once I do the wipe, and set skill as I use ships, the commanders will likely stay as they’ve been set, and all WG’s effort (to get me at least,) to try different builds will have been a complete waste of time.

• Cool 1

[UNC]
Members
906 posts
6,322 battles

Maybe a dumb question, but the reset all skills button only does exactly what it says, correct?  Or will it also remove ship specializations from all captains as well?

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,663 posts
25,144 battles
2 minutes ago, Uncle_Lou said:

Maybe a dumb question, but the reset all skills button only does exactly what it says, correct?  Or will it also remove ship specializations from all captains as well?

All it does is remove the skills you assign and allows you a clean slate to choose new ones. It will not remove your captain from ships he is assigned to. 

• Cool 1

[CVA16]
Members
6,171 posts
19,033 battles
10 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

But it's even more stupid that the free resets will end before any changes to the skill system will be done. 

We are all hoping and assuming there will be changes. WG may decide it is all working as intended and bring on the subs. Which was likely the main reason for this rebork in the first place as there were no skills for subs in the existing tree

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,663 posts
25,144 battles
33 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

But it's even more stupid that the free resets will end before any changes to the skill system will be done.  These changes will be strung along over time like the CV Rebork, and you're going to have to pay Doubloons to do changes.  It's a big cash grab.

Yeah I agree Haze. Removing the ability to reset for free before any changes are made, is a bit of a head scratcher.. Since there is no logical reason to do so, I too think it is a way to milk players of their doubloons. This is one reason I keep warning people to reset all their commanders to zero and only keep one or two with skills assigned. Even then, it may be best to take just the few essential skills you know you will keep later on. Players need to act now to mitigate the costs in resetting commanders in the future. 

Edited by Taylor3006

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
29,853 posts
25,782 battles
3 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

Yeah I agree Haze. Removing the ability to reset for free before any changes are made, is a bit of a head scratcher.. Since there is no logical reason to do so, I too think it is a way to milk players of their doubloons. This is one reason I keep warning people to reset all their commanders to zero and only keep one or two with skills assigned. Even then, it may be best to take just the few essential skills you know you will keep later on. Players need to act now to mitigate the costs in resetting commanders in the future. 

After the CV Rebork's first grace period for free resets ended, we had some changes down the line where we did get another period of free resets.  But that ended, and subsequent changes to CVs, AA, AA Skills / Upgrades still happened and we had no further free resets.

Things are so up in the air now.  Skills considered good right now may get kicked in the nuts later.  Skills considered useless, questionable may become better.  We may see skills get nerfed due to the blast radius, i.e. Dead Eye + Concealment Expert.  Lots of things can happen, and it won't all happen soon.  The CV Rebork was drawn out over a long period of time.

[RCNW6]
Members
425 posts
48 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

It's just stupid that you could only do the mass reset only once. 

I'm guessing that it's to discourage the function from being used as a Denial of Service (DoS) vector (i.e. attackers creating an account and then using automation to spam resets in an attempt to overload back end gaming systems).

Edited by WaywardVariable

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,192 posts
6 hours ago, iDuckman said:

Uh oh.  See you in a while.  I watched the Jingles playthrough of the first one and it looks like a whole lot of time-eating fun.

It's a bit of a stretch to get into it at the start. Even though you know what's coming the lack of a third person view does really immerse you into the game. I'm doing my first go-through without having to worry about food & water. Believe me, it's still quite the challenge.

6 hours ago, Geococcyx said:

Really enjoyed my run throughs. Have Fun with it!

Thanks - it's a pretty polished game nowadays. I'm thoroughly enjoying it. I bounce back to GalCiv3 and Jurassic Park too... they all are truly able to suck your life out of you if you let them. 

SubN at this point well, I'm doing alright. Got a radiation suit, rebreather, extended tank, all the basic stuff to stay under longer and perhaps alive longer as well. 

The resource researching is the most irritating aspect of it for me. I know the stuff is there but the better question is where?! 

@iDuckman I check the most epic game store every day the games rotate and have not yet seen it come 'round again. If/when I do I'll drop you a message. 

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,192 posts
6 hours ago, WaywardVariable said:

Yup, I believe all this to be factual. 

Thing is, this stuff sneaks up on people, they forget about it then it's like OH CRAP! 

I thought it worthwhile just to drop a line on it again, hopefully to minimize those who forgot about the drop dead date. 

Have a good weekend folks! 

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,760 posts
4,771 battles
1 hour ago, Herr_Reitz said:

@iDuckman I check the most epic game store every day the games rotate and have not yet seen it come 'round again. If/when I do I'll drop you a message. 

I had to reinstall the launcher and set all notifications ON.  Haven't gotten one yet.  SuN was on a pretty good sale recently but I didn't buy it.  With the skills rework the wiki needs too much attention and will for a while.  If you see it free, though...

• Cool 1

[GOB]
Members
2,709 posts

Just went ahead and reset all of mine...  I plan to simply play 3 or 4 commanders until this whole thing gets sorted out. 

Great time to grind my 2 new uniques while all of this settles down.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,192 posts
8 hours ago, Col_Nasty said:

Just went ahead and reset all of mine...  I plan to simply play 3 or 4 commanders until this whole thing gets sorted out. 

Great time to grind my 2 new uniques while all of this settles down.

My strategy as well. Good luck in your endeavors! 

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
15 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

This is why the small amount of playing time I've been putting in has included resetting the captain every time, after every battle, to make sure I'm not stuck. 

Once the free resets are done, I'm not sure how I'm going to play at all... I'm not going to be strung along by WG on this.  

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
14 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

After the CV Rebork's first grace period for free resets ended, we had some changes down the line where we did get another period of free resets.  But that ended, and subsequent changes to CVs, AA, AA Skills / Upgrades still happened and we had no further free resets.

Things are so up in the air now.  Skills considered good right now may get kicked in the nuts later.  Skills considered useless, questionable may become better.  We may see skills get nerfed due to the blast radius, i.e. Dead Eye + Concealment Expert.  Lots of things can happen, and it won't all happen soon.  The CV Rebork was drawn out over a long period of time.

I consider the CV Rebork to be still ongoing, and will consider it ongoing until AA is fixed.  (Not buffed, not nerfed -- FIXED.) 

• Cool 1

Members
5,651 posts
10,985 battles
19 hours ago, Herr_Reitz said:

As to my intentions, I'll probably only be playing premiums and a very few tech line ships, a very few. Subnautiqua has me in it's grasp nowdays. 

Subnautica is fantastic...  Along the same lines with a LOT of humor is Breathedge

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,192 posts
1 hour ago, CylonRed said:

Subnautica is fantastic...  Along the same lines with a LOT of humor is Breathedge

Would you believe I had not heard of that project? So I checked it out on YT... I looked at a video from September 2019. First comment?

"Mom, the Russians are making video games again..." 

So will check it out -=- supposed to release in Feb!