You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
lickmytrump

What Coal ships/ free exp ships are best for premium farming farming?

18 comments in this topic

[-SD]
Members
7 posts
2,086 battles

Hello, I am a relatively new player who has not reached my first t10 yet and was wondering which of the "free" ships are best for credit/free xp farming. I dont have much of a preference for type of ship although i feel like dd will be the quickest for farming. I also have a kirov and a texas as far as premium farming ships go. I currently have 376k free xp and 120k coal with a 25 percent discount available for coal ships.

[SALVO]
Members
7,053 posts
5,529 battles
5 minutes ago, lickmytrump said:

Hello, I am a relatively new player who has not reached my first t10 yet and was wondering which of the "free" ships are best for credit/free xp farming. I dont have much of a preference for type of ship although i feel like dd will be the quickest for farming. I also have a kirov and a texas as far as premium farming ships go. I currently have 376k free xp and 120k coal with a 25 percent discount available for coal ships.

Hi and welcome,

I recommend you T6 ships (cruisers and BBs preferentially) in order to spam Ops.

[KWF]
Members
5,805 posts
7,013 battles

Look, considering tier IX premium ships earn the most with some exceptions, I would say keep the coal and FXP for something better and at a higher tier.  The FXP can be used to purchase ship modules to avoid stock grinds. 

If you really want something however at tier VII, you should be able to afford Nelson for 375k FXP, Lazo, Duke of York, and Blyskawica for coal.

[META_]
Members
228 posts
3,195 battles

Nelson is a great ship that you can afford now (375k fxp).  Somewhat squishy, but big enough guns (406mm) to handle being uptiered and a heal that basically prints you a whole new ship on demand as long as you don't get citadeled.  The main thing to remember with her is that the gun arrangement is a trap - all guns forward makes you think that she's meant to push and sit bow-in, but she's easily overmatched through the bow, so you're much better off angling to bounce shells off your belt and kiting away.

Save your coal for a T9 premium - none of the T7s are particularly great.  They're 172k with a coupon, so you should be able to afford one in about a month (average coal is ~2k/day if you do all dailies and get three resource containers).  Unfortunately, you'll miss out on Georgia, which is being removed next week, but Pommern is solid, even in the current meta, and there will likely be others coming to replace the Georgia (best guess atm is Marco Polo when the new Italian BBs launch).

Edited by Fel0niusMonk
  • Cool 1

Members
1,186 posts
1,698 battles

HMS Campbeltown(coal)churns out one heck of an XP boost, while any torpedoes fired(which usually devstrike any cruiser they hit)have no resupply cost.

[DW-62]
Beta Testers
222 posts
1,728 battles
1 hour ago, lickmytrump said:

my Jean Bart can earn 1.2Million in one round as long as I have all economic flags on there and of course win with 2k+ base XP. So yea...that. 

[XXII]
Banned
862 posts
979 battles
6 minutes ago, black_hull4 said:

HMS Campbeltown(coal)churns out one heck of an XP boost, while any torpedoes fired(which usually devstrike any cruiser they hit)have no resupply cost.

I grinded so long for the Campbelltown. I put jack Dunkirk on her.

[2020]
Members
157 posts
4,231 battles

Save for one million FXP and T9/10 coal ship

those are the better ones at farming.

you don’t have enough for thunderer Georgia or Alaska. So you may better wait till you have 180k coal to get T10 with coupons 

[GRETA]
Members
1,383 posts
10,609 battles

Co-op only. Georgia is hard to beat.  

Randoms- Georgia if you are good enough to play her smart.

• Cool 1

[CS7]
Members
2 posts
9,396 battles

The best credit earners are tier 9 premiums, if i was in your position i would save to buy the most fun tier 9 premium so i can play a lot of it and get the credits. (Also tier 9 it's a sweetspot). So i would save to buy pommern with the coupon. 

The free xp i would save 1 mill to buy another tier 9 premium. But buying nelson for 375k it's also a good option if u think u are going to play it a lot. 

• Cool 1

[FML]
Members
4,157 posts
16,067 battles
3 hours ago, lickmytrump said:

Hi. Welcome to WoWS. I agree with @Fel0niusMonk above - you can afford the Nelson now and - played well - it’s a solid premium ship. Sadly, you’re going to miss out on the Georgia as it’s being removed from sale soon. 

You might be interested in my premium ship guide which also contains info for free to play players - copied below. Good luck!

There are a range of great resources to help new players; both on these forums and on youtube etc; I strongly encourage you to read the following: 

• How to set up your game client to get the information you need to win: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSCb96CLCs4
  • (For brand New Players - a full comprehensive guide) iChase's How to get good at World of Warships - I wish this was around when I started!
  • (For New Players) - Wargaming's 'How It Works' series that explains the game's mechanics - important to learn these as it differs to real life.
  • (For New Players looking to become Intermediate) my Ship Role Quick Reference Guide to understand how to get the best out of your ship every battle and how to deal with enemy ships of the same type. 
  • (For Intermediate players) LittleWhiteMouse's guide to How to take control of your win rate:  https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/75077-how-to-control-your-win-rate/
  • For players at any level who are interested in personalised feedback on a particular battle, get in touch with Lord_Zath and his replay centre - its an amazing service that you should take advantage of.  
  • You are under absolutely no obligation to spend money on this game - it is entirely free to play including at high tiers. 
    • Understanding the economics of WoWS and tips for playing as free-to-play: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDgwH2w-k7U
    • Still, if you are interested in buying a premium ship, a discussion on what premium ships are good value for newer players can be found on my New Player Guide Premium Ships for New Players.
      • The second post in this thread has some good advice on how to rapidly become a better player through teamwork and positioning - see Section 3 - its worth a read!
  • Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,666 posts
25,152 battles

A good ship to have on hand is available free just for doing the Lunar NY event. The Anshan has a +100% Free XP bonus on her camo which makes her a really good boat to have early on in the game. Even if you do not care to go down the Pan Asian line, run her at least once a day to farm a first win bonus. That FXP will add up over time. 

Edited by Taylor3006

[WOLFG]
Members
11,811 posts
10,972 battles
48 minutes ago, HallaSnackbar said:

Co-op only. Georgia is hard to beat.  

Randoms- Georgia if you are good enough to play her smart.

This.  With the tier 9 earning power+still decent secondary guns+overmatch, it prints credits pretty well.

The previously removed JB yielded better profits if only because of lower ammo costs (457s cost money, even if you use less).

[TARP]
Members
96 posts

Nelson is a very good deal on the free xp, It’s been there so long it shows how inflationary the free XP ships are. It was half the price of Missouri and Musashi and their replacements went up to 1million, so now its closer to a third of the prices of the tier9 free xp ships. I’m actually surprised it’s not been bumped to 500k.

I also am sorry you cant get Georgia, it is an absolutely fun ship to spam coop. I recommend it highly, it and Smolensk are my favorite coal ships.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,922 posts

nelson...  i bought her this time last yr, and it's one of my preferred bb's to play.. i love the front turretted ships.. (jb, lenin, nelson etc)

[FORM]
Members
310 posts
2,194 battles
7 hours ago, lickmytrump said:

Hello, I am a relatively new player who has not reached my first t10 yet and was wondering which of the "free" ships are best for credit/free xp farming.

The best free ships are whatever is the highest tier that you can play well. Based on your experience, I wholly agree with Arlskandir, getting yourself into a tier 6 BB/CA that you can play the Operations will definitely bring you the most credit rewards for the effort.

If you're enjoying it all at that point, try to bank up either coal or free XP and then look into a higher tier ship that fits whatever play style you're doing well in.

And have fun! ;)

[SGSS]
Members
5,774 posts
8 hours ago, lickmytrump said:

I dont think the really good money makers start at t9

[ARGSY]
Members
681 posts
10,888 battles

Nelson is a great bargain to pick up for free exp. Just a good reliable ship and fairly easy to play.