You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hapa_Fodder

Update 0.10.1: Italian Battleships

122 comments in this topic

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
4,571 posts
15,079 battles

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/game-updates/update-0101-italian-battleships/

Please leave feedback below!

If you have any bugs to report, you can submit them here :crab:after the patch goes live.

PLEASE LEAVE FEEDBACK BELOW

• Boring 2

[-Y-]
Members
843 posts
61 battles

Feedback, devs are clearly concerned that Italian ships have sufficiently Italian captains.

image.png.f2d663d310fc149bacebaa6f94fbb0bb.png

But they don't seem to want Indian (Commonwealth) captains for Indian ships (Mysore).

Why discriminate?

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 5

[WG]
4,571 posts
15,079 battles
7 minutes ago, hateboat said:

Feedback, devs are clearly concerned that Italian ships have sufficiently Italian captains.

image.png.f2d663d310fc149bacebaa6f94fbb0bb.png

But they don't seem to want Indian (Commonwealth) captains for Indian ships (Mysore).

Why discriminate?

Typically we do this when we have a full tech tree line. If/When there is a full Commonwealth tech tree line, I am sure we will have commanders that will be created for them.

-Hapa

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 1

[-Y-]
Members
843 posts
61 battles
19 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Typically we do this when we have a full tech tree line. If/When there is a full Commonwealth tech tree line, I am sure we will have commanders that will be created for them.

-Hapa

Perth has appropriately themed commanders available, so does Haida, why don't you offer relevant choices (even just names) available for Mysore? It can't be hard, after all devs produce dozens of specially themed captains every patch. As the carrousel captain selection allows players to mix and match to suit their fancy, within a curated set limit of possibllities, I fail to appreciate the given excuse. I remember when the Pan EU premiums were first launched without a tech tree, Blyz and then much later Fries, appropriately themed and relevant captain choices were immediately made available.

Double standards Hapa, you can't dodge this one.

Edited by hateboat
  • Boring 3

[AZUR1]
Members
193 posts
4,543 battles

I have a idea on rank system.

Count the number of total stars that player earned, and a perm camo with 100% XP can be exchanged, and this camo can be mounted on T8 or lower tire.

In short, a reward perm camo with 100%XP on T8 ships would be nice.

No more 50% XP perm camo.

• Cool 2

[MR-1]
Members
1,793 posts
22,285 battles

really  more dasha commanders .. wasnt there anymore italian commanders in WWII. that could of been used , and why is she wearing a rug on here head .and never been a fan of early access ,i would rather they just bring the whole line out so we can get on with it . brawls 1v1  is boring  ,clan battles with restrictions  shouldnt be ships should be ship types  ie 2 BB's 2 or 3 cruisers and 2 or 3 DD's and not excluding CV's . doubloon bundles  double the price of  the asian premium containers (750 each) really trying to milk the player base pockets . no mention if there will be any italian premium containers  . if your going to have random bundles you should just stick with 20 with the chance of winning  one of the T5 - T9 ships though a combat mission like it used to be 

as much as ive been waiting for the italian BBs for months to come out  i will just wait till the whole line comes out . there was no mention what  T9 marco polo was going to be  ie coal , steel ,free xp  or are you planing to hide it in as another  research point ship 

Edited by Gaelic_knight
  • Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
23,352 posts
17,307 battles
13 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

If/When there is a full Commonwealth tech tree line, I am sure we will have commanders that will be created for them.

That's not the issue here. The issue here is a particular ship of a particular nation requiring a particular captain that matches it, which for the first time is radically (and racially) divergent from other ships in that nation.

So far for the pan-American "line", we've had two general-release premiums in two separate Pan-American nations, whose commanders seem to be differentially named according to the ship's nation of origin. What we're asking for is the same to be applied to the Mysore. She's an Indian ship, and she needs an Indian commander. I'm probably the least politically correct person on Earth, but I'm close to agreeing with hateboat here; an unprecedented occurrence! At the very least, it should be done as a mark of respect to the Indian Navy and its captains since 1947. It's really not that hard, and it was a gross oversight not for it to have been done when the ship was first released.

I say this as a member of the British Commonwealth who doesn't want to see the naval history of another Commonwealth nation slighted or marginalized.

(I also wouldn't mind raising a Korean captain for the Chung Mu, an Indonesian one for the Gadjah, etc., but all the P/A captains appear to be mainland Chinese...)

• Cool 1

[WG]
4,571 posts
15,079 battles
1 minute ago, hateboat said:

Perth has appropriately themed commanders available, so does Haida, why don't you offer relevant choices (even just names) available for Mysore? It can't be hard, after all devs produce dozens of specially themed captains every patch. As the carrousel captain selection allows players to mix and match to suit their fancy, within a curated set limit of possibllities, I fail to appreciate the given excuse. I remember when the Pan EU premiums were first launched without a tech tree, Blyz and then much latern Fries, appropriately themed and relevant captain choices were immediately made available.

Double standards Hapa, you can't dodge this one.

The commanders for Perth and Haida, as were the commanders for the first PAN-EU DDs were pulled from our commander lists that already existed. 

Many of our commanders in game are based off the likeness often of WG staff members, if we have a historical commander it takes a VERY long time to get permission to use those likenesses. In general the process for adding a real persons likeness into World of Warships takes a lot of time. As for the commanders that are specially themed, many of them are straight up cartoon characters essentially. Generating a "random likeness" poses a whole different set of challenges for our development team, and this is why we typically try to use the likeness of actually people.

I am not saying that we won't have commonwealth commanders. I am just saying we typically do not have dedicated commanders for a nation until you see a full tech tree active. Mysore was literally just added to World of Warships, after some time, I would not be surprised to see commanders specific to a "Commonwealth line."

-Hapa

[MR-1]
Members
1,793 posts
22,285 battles

hmmm if the italian BB's are comming out this week why hasnt the wiki pages for them  been updated . most still have no stats ,price  and exp cost and marco polo still says 19,000 credits 

marco.jpg

[-Y-]
Members
843 posts
61 battles
14 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

The commanders for Perth and Haida, as were the commanders for the first PAN-EU DDs were pulled from our commander lists that already existed. 

Many of our commanders in game are based off the likeness often of WG staff members, if we have a historical commander it takes a VERY long time to get permission to use those likenesses. In general the process for adding a real persons likeness into World of Warships takes a lot of time. As for the commanders that are specially themed, many of them are straight up cartoon characters essentially. Generating a "random likeness" poses a whole different set of challenges for our development team, and this is why we typically try to use the likeness of actually people.

I am not saying that we won't have commonwealth commanders. I am just saying we typically do not have dedicated commanders for a nation until you see a full tech tree active. Mysore was literally just added to World of Warships, after some time, I would not be surprised to see commanders specific to a "Commonwealth line."

-Hapa

First Italian premiums pre tech tree, had italian commanders, at least in terms of naming, as did the early Pan EU premiums. As for the lack of Indian Navy relevant names as options, there is even less excuse.

But not to worry, AI can generate very credible, 100% fictional, portraits, as I'm sure your devs and producers know.

https://generated.photos/faces

(this is presuming WG graphic artists don't know how to imagine and draw fictional portraits of their own, which would be disappointing to learn)

while it might be a relief for some players, to not be forced to stare at some WG employees face every time they enter port, and instead feel secure in the knowledge that no special permissions were required to obtain/generate a likeness..

Edited by hateboat
  • Boring 2

[O_S_D]
Members
229 posts
18,049 battles

I think Father Guido Sarducci would be a great captain for an Italian BB!

• Cool 3
  • Funny 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

[KOBK]
Members
393 posts
5,089 battles
30 minutes ago, Gaelic_knight said:

hmmm if the italian BB's are comming out this week why hasnt the wiki pages for them  been updated . most still have no stats ,price  and exp cost and marco polo still says 19,000 credits 

marco.jpg

The wiki isnt managed by WG, so untill final release i think they dont want to put incorrect parameters.

[ARGSY]
Members
23,352 posts
17,307 battles
1 hour ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Many of our commanders in game are based off the likeness often of WG staff members,

Surely somewhere there must be a WG staff member of Indian extraction who would be prepared to enter the realm of digital posterity?

Failing that, what about one of the heroes of Indian mythology and folklore? 

[WHEE]
Members
126 posts
3,626 battles

Rookie question here for those more seasoned than I (don’t hate me pls)

For these early access permacamos (Roman/Legion, or Golden Eagle for US BBs, or Victorian White for RN CAs)...do they ever get sold after the event after a period of time? Like in the exterior tab where you can buy some event permacamos? (Freedom for Baltimore comes to mind, or the Halloween camos)

Or is my only option to get Legion for Lepanto to drop insane amounts of doubloons for several random bundles for enough tokens to get all the previous sequential bundles that I don’t want just to get it? 

Edited by celticboy27

[LSNB]
Members
1,685 posts
5,462 battles
3 hours ago, Gaelic_knight said:

marco.jpg

The wiki editors are volunteers and don't work for WG. They get access to the information the same time we do iirc

Edited by destawaits
  • Sad 1

[LANCE]
Members
874 posts
6,558 battles

Sorry to side-track from the release of the new Italian BB line but I thought this a question that has some bearing of a major patch release.

In patch 10.0 we saw the Capt Skills tree changes. This (iirc) was listed as a “live test” somewhat similar to the CV rework. The CV rework saw hotfixes applied between major patches and each major patch release have changes made. Has no data been collected on the uses, over-uses, affect on play style or change on game dynamics due to said skills being changed?

As the free Capt res kill and module mounting stops in less than 2 days now would it not have been prudent to concentrate on balancing said skills or tweaking some from feedback and/or  “spreadsheet” data collected? I’d assume the next major patch will be the full release of the Italian BB line but wouldn’t it have been better to make these changes prior to this as it will most likely affect the usage of some skills on this line.

If changes are to made in the future will we be offered a free respec at that time? Are any changes being considered or is the current skill tree deemed as being ok with no changes deemed necessary? It’s be nice to have at least some notification either way.

@Hapa_Fodder  I appreciate that some of these decisions are well out of your hands and appreciate the feedback you give to WG and to us. Curious minds are wondering!

Edited by Bravo4zero
  • Cool 1

[O_S_D]
Members
229 posts
18,049 battles

I don't recall ever seeing a perma camo go sale, but then again I don't look for them.  Honestly, most perma camos from these events aren't very good.  I often mount expendable camos on premium ships to get a commander XP or free XP boost.

[ALL41]
Beta Testers
2,407 posts
10,647 battles
7 hours ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

A couple of questions:

1- What is the change in description of deadeye and top grade gunner? Was something changed or is it just the existing text being re-worded?

2- Concerning permanent camouflages:

If we purchase/earn a permanent camo it would be nice if we could choose which visual of the camos we own the permanent camo displays.

For example, Yamato now has multiple permanent camos available for it. The Type20  , the HSF 117 anime camo, the scorpioid camo, the makoto camo and now Steel camo. The HSF camo is different in stats than the rest. 

Could it be possible to add, under each camo, the option to change the 'look' of the camo to any other you own? Aka equip the Type20 but give it the HSF117 camo visual. That way you use the type20 camo stats with the look of the HSF camo.

This would enable WG to create different visual styles camos to sell as 'DLC' type add-ons without having to make a mirror item stat wise or end up with multiple stat variants of a permanent camo.

3- Free Respec/Equipment swap timeframe: It would be wise to extend this timeframe to about a month after the italian BBs are added. BB SAP is a huge change just as BBs with smoke generators will be.

• Cool 1

[USCG]
Members
748 posts
22,810 battles

Why am I not excited a tiny little bit for this update to drop??? Looks like the same old stuff...  How about one, just one new map or scenario...

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 3

[CAAT]
Members
1,022 posts
4,625 battles

So I'm concerned that there seem to have been NO changes to the Captain Skills Rework. No buff to Improved Secondary Battery Aiming, or secondaries accuracy in general, NO fix for Grease The Gears, and NO fix for Dead Eye. The new italian battleships and new Dasha commanders are fine and all, but these skills (among other things in the Skills Rework, like the exorbitant cost of commander points to get to 21) NEED addressing ASAP.

• Cool 7
  • Thanks 2

[T_O_P]
Members
542 posts

What are the "updates" to Taranto port? hard to tell anything from the small pictures. THanx )

Edit: or are they referring to *festive decorations* as "changes"?

Edited by Hammer_n_Sickle

Members
3 posts
2,982 battles

I found the update very ... boring. No really memorable or exciting changes, just a few fix packs that could have been made before (More of the same).
I can say that I was looking forward to the Italian line, but all the news about the ships comes down to nerfs and more nerfs. Besides, when will this embargo on information about the Italian Tier X stop? It doesn't make much sense to invest in a line where you don't know what the end result will be, and considering the amount of nerfs, the expectation for Tier X doesn't look good.

• Cool 1

[O_S_D]
Members
229 posts
18,049 battles
2 hours ago, cgbosn4 said:

Why am I not excited a tiny little bit for this update to drop??? Looks like the same old stuff...  How about one, just one new map or scenario...

WG has said that there will be no new scenarios for the foreseeable future.  It is not a popular mode and takes considerable time to set the bots to do what they are supposed to do.

[FORM]
Members
2,206 posts
13,214 battles
  1. I'm enormously disappointed by the absolute silence and inaction about the 10.0 captain skill rework and it's impact on the gameplay, especially with back line sniping relative to the ability to move in and use secondaries effectively
  2. The new steel camo is it the same as the old steel camo (10,000 steel) and just available for all tier 10s now?
  3. Seriously, you guys... look at these captain skills again more closely, please consider extending the reset timer for such a HUGE change to the meta. And frankly feel like you've stolen my 47,000 research points I paid for the Siegfried who got absolutely nerfed by 10.0

#secondarynerf #refundmysiegfried

Edited by TheArc
  • Cool 8
  • Thanks 2