Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SKurj

Captain skill lockouts at low tier (randoms)

4 comments in this topic

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,922 posts

Just an idea... for feedback..

As a way to reduce the size of the "club" being used on the seals at low tiers (T1-5.. or?) and in an effort to not scare off new players...

One of the largest gaps apart from player skill, is captain skills.

At any time I am sure there will be a few 19-21 pt captains running around in the low tiers clubbing new players and i am sure scaring some off..

MY suggestion..  limit the number of skills and even skill level (the 4 levels of the skills) at low tiers.. in random pvp play only  - (this idea should not apply to competitive or coop play)

These are just examples.. would need tuning i am sure

Tier 1-2, players can use up to 4 pts including both level 1 and 2 skills

tier 3, 6 skill points anyway they want

tier 4, players can run skills up to level 3 with up to say 8 skill points...

tier 5, can run up to 10 skill points on any skills they choose

Now if a player joins with a 21 pt captain, any of their skills that fall outside these limits will be "inactive" and have no effect on their performance.

The majority of players running around up to tier 5 in tech tree ships are probably new players (spreadsheets may prove me wrong here)

am i presenting a solution to a problem that doesn't exist?  not sure...

[WHARF]
Members
340 posts
18,876 battles
29 minutes ago, SKurj said:

Just an idea... for feedback..

As a way to reduce the size of the "club" being used on the seals at low tiers (T1-5.. or?) and in an effort to not scare off new players...

One of the largest gaps apart from player skill, is captain skills.

At any time I am sure there will be a few 19-21 pt captains running around in the low tiers clubbing new players and i am sure scaring some off..

MY suggestion..  limit the number of skills and even skill level (the 4 levels of the skills) at low tiers.. in random pvp play only  - (this idea should not apply to competitive or coop play)

These are just examples.. would need tuning i am sure

Tier 1-2, players can use up to 4 pts including both level 1 and 2 skills

tier 3, 6 skill points anyway they want

tier 4, players can run skills up to level 3 with up to say 8 skill points...

tier 5, can run up to 10 skill points on any skills they choose

Now if a player joins with a 21 pt captain, any of their skills that fall outside these limits will be "inactive" and have no effect on their performance.

The majority of players running around up to tier 5 in tech tree ships are probably new players (spreadsheets may prove me wrong here)

not really a problem at low tiers...MM keeps us veterans away from newbies ...i have long wait times and have to play with bots a lot when i play my tier 3,,hell had a game where my div was the only humans in the whole game..lol

Members
1,186 posts
1,698 battles
48 minutes ago, SKurj said:

I think so. The newbies have their own MM pool, which they stay in until they play 200 battles(unless they play a Tier 4<). So you can't really go seal-clubbing unless you have an alt account or reroll it. Unless you're a whale or only play one ship, 200 battles is not enough time to get a 10 point captain. 

And I actually ground out an 11 point captain for my USS South Carolina, an 8 point captain for my Smith, so I will be very angry if this gets implemented.

2021-01-25.thumb.png.4a0ac92b70c1e97a0658d150f4928f7f.png

• Cool 1

Members
502 posts
8,338 battles

Personally,  the 200 battle limit needs to be raised, by at least another 100-200 battles. And there should be an incremental increase in number of battles played at "X" tier, before being thrown into the next deeper pool. IE so many battles in a tier 6 before you start getting fed to tier 8's, etc.  But that's a very old suggestion, that will never be acted upon.  As for using higher skilled captains, in various tiered premiums, I doubt that would change.  

Sign in to follow this