You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Devastating_Fieldtrip

Season 2 of the new iteration of ranked.

47 comments in this topic

Members
7,360 posts
17,403 battles

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/general-news/ranked-battles-2/ 

So obviously the grind/reward ratio is much better. Twice as long, roughly twice the rewards but roughly only 50% more stars. 

But here is what hasn't changed: 

If you cannot rank out of a higher league, you are better off staying in the lower league. The rewards are worse. You get the same amount of steel and dubs, but won't get the rank out container but will get a couple more better camos. So if you are not sure you can rank out in silver, stay in bronze. If you don't think you can rank out of gold, stay in silver. 

Basically its like women and clothes. They can try to convince themselves that they are a smaller size, but the only person they hurt by thinking that is themselves. Players might think they are a gold or silver level player, but if they aren't, they hurt themselves by getting less rewards for their trouble. 

• Cool 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[KWF]
Members
5,792 posts
7,007 battles
7 minutes ago, DuckyShot said:

Basically its like women and clothes. They can try to convince themselves that they are a smaller size, but the only person they hurt by thinking that is themselves. Players might think they are a gold or silver level player, but if they aren't, they hurt themselves by getting less rewards for their trouble. 

Maybe that's the point? To provide a quicker route to higher leagues that aren't that suited to a player's level and dedication as a way of having them spend more time and waste more resources for ranking out?

Members
7,360 posts
17,403 battles
4 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Maybe that's the point? To provide a quicker route to higher leagues that aren't that suited to a player's level and dedication as a way of having them spend more time and waste more resources for ranking out?

Quite likely, Hopefully we can provide some due diligence and help players see that who might not have realized it otherwise. 

Edited by DuckyShot

[RCNW6]
Members
425 posts

Thanks for the info @DuckyShot I haven't tried Ranked Battles yet but might give it a go this time out, although I think I really need a LEAD league for me to start in. :Smile_smile:

Correct me if I'm wrong but you can stay in a lower league by just not taking the qualifying match(es) for the higher league once you reach rank 1, right ? 

Members
7,360 posts
17,403 battles
2 minutes ago, WaywardVariable said:

Thanks for the info @DuckyShot I haven't tried Ranked Battles yet but might give it a go this time out, although I think I really need a LEAD league for me to start in. :Smile_smile:

Correct me if I'm wrong but you can stay in a lower league by just not taking the qualifying match(es) for the higher league once you reach rank 1, right ? 

Yep. And the irrevocable ranks in bronze make it easy to rank out there. Also, most of the rewards only require a specific amount of wins, the games played mean nothing except for ranking out

Edited by DuckyShot
  • Thanks 1

[RCNW6]
Members
425 posts
Just now, DuckyShot said:

Yep. And the irrevocable ranks in bronze make it easy to rank out there. Also, most of the rewards only require a specific amount of wins, the games played mean nothing except for ranking out

Thanks for the confirmation! 

Sorry for the dumb question: What's "irrevocable ranks" ? 

[TWFT]
Members
1,447 posts
40,239 battles

All WG did was extend the grind.  Players new to the game will be dropping large amounts of cash trying to get to the next rank.

[-REK-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
762 posts

Don't confuse Ranked with Ladder, there is MM involved which means your mileage will vary.

[-ICE-]
Members
516 posts

only played one game but I have only a 3 words to say....     NO PLANES.....YES...!

Edited by CRZY_TRAIN

Members
429 posts
15,696 battles
54 minutes ago, WaywardVariable said:

although I think I really need a LEAD league for me to start in. :Smile_smile:

I would gladly join you in the Lead League  :cap_like::Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1

Members
7,360 posts
17,403 battles
49 minutes ago, Turbotush said:

All WG did was extend the grind.  Players new to the game will be dropping large amounts of cash trying to get to the next rank.

Not exactly. They doubled the time (200%), but we only have to get 150% of the stars. So effectively, the grind is now 3/4 what it was before. 

[A-D-F]
8,763 posts
7 minutes ago, CRZY_TRAIN said:

only played one game but I have only a 3 words to say....     NO PLANES.....YES...!

Where does it say that?  Not being a smart [edited], I might have missed it but I read the rules and I didn't see that.

Members
7,360 posts
17,403 battles
52 minutes ago, WaywardVariable said:

Thanks for the confirmation! 

Sorry for the dumb question: What's "irrevocable ranks" ? 

You cannot lose irrevocable ranks, so no matter how many games you lose, you will not drop below the last irrevocable rank you achieved. 

• Thanks 1

[-ICE-]
Members
516 posts
3 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

Where does it say that?  Not being a smart [edited], I might have missed it but I read the rules and I didn't see that.

actually I dont know for sure but the guys clan i played with told me no planes, is it possable it was just our match maybe... maybe i spoke out my butt they did say no planes bc i took wooster out for AA and they said no planes thank god.  so i took it as no planes for the event?  maybe someone can correct me if im wrong which is a real possibility

[A-D-F]
8,763 posts
3 minutes ago, CRZY_TRAIN said:

actually I dont know for sure but the guys clan i played with told me no planes, is it possable it was just our match maybe... maybe i spoke out my butt they did say no planes bc i took wooster out for AA and they said no planes thank god.  so i took it as no planes for the event?  maybe someone can correct me if im wrong which is a real possibility

I think you are confusing clan brawls with ranked season 2.  No-one has played a ranked season 2 match yet, it hasn't begun.

[A-D-F]
8,763 posts
1 minute ago, CRZY_TRAIN said:

im not on the game now but whatever one started last night using t10 ships

You are talking about clan brawls, but this thread is about ranked.  They are two different game modes.

[SALVO]
Members
6,969 posts
5,521 battles

So, regular rewards descale proportionally the higher the league, but the carrot for ranking out (container) has increased exponentially (not really but as a figure of speech)... :cap_hmm:

Ranking out is now effectively easier for spammers since you need less stars in relation to time... :cap_hmm:

Overall rewards are increased, now you win the containers for Ranking out... :cap_hmm:

IMO, this will translate in increased participation and increased spam... improvement? :cap_hmm:

Oh I forgot... Bronze got reck'd, bye bye T8s

Edited by ArIskandir

[RCNW6]
Members
425 posts
15 minutes ago, DuckyShot said:

You cannot lose irrevocable ranks, so no matter how many games you lose, you will not drop below the last irrevocable rank you achieved. 

Ahhh.. that makes sense, thanks again.

Happy Sailing! 

[MHG]
Members
394 posts
21,792 battles
6 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

So, regular rewards descale proportionally the higher the league, but the carrot for ranking out (container) has increased exponentially (not really but as a figure of speech)... :cap_hmm:

Ranking out is now effectively easier for spammers since you need less stars in relation to time... :cap_hmm:

Overall rewards are increased, now you win the containers for Ranking out... :cap_hmm:

IMO, this will translate in increased participation and increased spam... improvement? :cap_hmm:

Agree with everything except that in higher leagues it will make it more difficult for spammers with bad win rate to actually rank out. Suppose one wins with a 1% WR (hyperbole, I know) and there was a league needing 1 star for a win, it is likely that they get it eventually within a couple hundred games at most. Now say the league requires 100 irrevocable stars to win. For a spammer that is still very unlikely. This actually makes things worse for Gold league players as the stars needed to rank out has gone up from 19 to 30. So spammers will stay longer in gold league making the experience worse.

Members
7,122 posts
22,052 battles
2 hours ago, DuckyShot said:

See the source image

Members
7,360 posts
17,403 battles
21 minutes ago, OnociTsalk said:

Agree with everything except that in higher leagues it will make it more difficult for spammers with bad win rate to actually rank out. Suppose one wins with a 1% WR (hyperbole, I know) and there was a league needing 1 star for a win, it is likely that they get it eventually within a couple hundred games at most. Now say the league requires 100 irrevocable stars to win. For a spammer that is still very unlikely. This actually makes things worse for Gold league players as the stars needed to rank out has gone up from 19 to 30. So spammers will stay longer in gold league making the experience worse.

But on the flip side, it might keep a few people back in silver. 

[SALVO]
Members
6,969 posts
5,521 battles
4 minutes ago, OnociTsalk said:

This actually makes things worse for Gold league players as the stars needed to rank out has gone up from 19 to 30. So spammers will stay longer in gold league making the experience worse.

Precisely.

Let's say a player needed to spam 100 matches to complete the 19 stars to rank out in 7 days. That gives us an avg of 5,26 matches per star and 14.28 matches per day.

Let's assume a spherical cow and linear progression with matches per star constant at 5,26. Same player now needs to spam 157,89 matches over a 14 day period for a whooping 11.27 matches per day. The spam becomes easier.

Yes, Gold will be worse because all will be chasing the container at the end of the rainbow and won't desist until they get there.