Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ocoda

miss Brawling so now the game is dead to me

18 comments in this topic

[PLDN]
Members
304 posts

I've never been a great long-distance shooter so I opted for tough ships that can go in close and fight the good fight, I like to push it. I have tried for weeks to learn and accept the new captain skills, and I have 4 captains at 21 and 3 captains at 20 with the rest all 19.  I had over 6 million elite commander xp set up for this and all I can say is that the play style that I can make any significant difference for my team is gone.   long ago I gave up DD's because of CV's, and now I can’t get into this new BB play style of hiding so far out back and pray you can hit something at 22+ k out. Now as for the CA commander skills all I can say is that they are sorely lacking any wow factor whatsoever. I’ll admit I stopped playing every day as of the last week, having gotten so frustrated with the direction of the game, and I have over 16000 games since December 2017, so I played a lot before this, and I had a win rate as low as 38% at one time and worked it all the way back up to 47% with all my ship play style getting better with help from many players on this forum.  Hell, most of my Brawlers are in the high 50%-win rate, but since the new commander skills I have well over 200+ battles and a win is all but a mystery. If I do win its not from much if any contribution on my part to my team.  So, all I can say is I’m done for now.  I pray they can fix the death of Brawling.

• Cool 8
  • Funny 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 2

[PISD]
Members
1,844 posts
6,112 battles

Last BB game that I had was always as close to the cap as before, even capping with my Lion. I do not see brawling as dead as some people claim it to be.

• Meh 1

Members
4,098 posts
44,150 battles

And in the news, Salt and Pepper's "Push it" has seen very little play time as most Warships players are now playing another song, "Firework" by Katy Perry.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,339 posts
17,511 battles

Full secondary spec Gneisenau is a monster right now. Brawl away.

Cheers.

• Thanks 2

Beta Testers
3,290 posts
26,945 battles

I left WOWs 9 days ago playing with my new interest a game called Rise of Kingdoms through my table top PC and enjoying it very much . Now just out of pure habit still checking this forum soon that habit should stop......... my 402 ships in port will start collecting dust....................... 

• Sad 1

[BNRJ]
Members
148 posts
6,432 battles

Just had another disappointing game in my Bismarck, which used to be my best ship. I’m trying a hybrid secondary build, but that means I don’t get the AA bonus I used to have, and I can’t seem to rip up DDs like I could before, so pushing up usually ends in sinking and failure. It’s frustrating. I’d be interested to see the stats on how many CQB achievement are being awarded now as compared to before the rework. 

[DMGS]
Members
122 posts
6,597 battles
22 minutes ago, John370 said:

Just had another disappointing game in my Bismarck, which used to be my best ship. I’m trying a hybrid secondary build, but that means I don’t get the AA bonus I used to have, and I can’t seem to rip up DDs like I could before, so pushing up usually ends in sinking and failure. It’s frustrating. I’d be interested to see the stats on how many CQB achievement are being awarded now as compared to before the rework. 

Less CQBs with BBs I reckon but I’ve seen a noticeable increase of cruisers getting them.

[WOLF3]
Members
509 posts
11,733 battles

Just so everyone knows; this is not a time to react hastily. The meta has not settled in and there may be changes in the captain skills to come. To be honest I think the supposed glory days of brawling are just community myths. Yolo play gets boring too if everyone is just pressing w and running into one another.

Edited by Drifter_X
  • Meh 1

[SALVO]
Members
7,012 posts
5,525 battles
2 hours ago, Ocoda said:

I've never been a great long-distance shooter so I opted for tough ships that can go in close and fight the good fight, I like to push it. I have tried for weeks to learn and accept the new captain skills, and I have 4 captains at 21 and 3 captains at 20 with the rest all 19.  I had over 6 million elite commander xp set up for this and all I can say is that the play style that I can make any significant difference for my team is gone.   long ago I gave up DD's because of CV's, and now I can’t get into this new BB play style of hiding so far out back and pray you can hit something at 22+ k out. Now as for the CA commander skills all I can say is that they are sorely lacking any wow factor whatsoever. I’ll admit I stopped playing every day as of the last week, having gotten so frustrated with the direction of the game, and I have over 16000 games since December 2017, so I played a lot before this, and I had a win rate as low as 38% at one time and worked it all the way back up to 47% with all my ship play style getting better with help from many players on this forum.  Hell, most of my Brawlers are in the high 50%-win rate, but since the new commander skills I have well over 200+ battles and a win is all but a mystery. If I do win its not from much if any contribution on my part to my team.  So, all I can say is I’m done for now.  I pray they can fix the death of Brawling.

Tier 7 and below are pretty fun for brawling, T10 is not all there is in the game to enjoy.

Members
400 posts
26 battles

As vexing as the Deadeye meta currently is, I found it was still perfectly doable in at least tier 8 ranked with my Massa'
Fewer enemy ships make such plays easier.

Edited by SoothingWhaleSongEU

Members
7,122 posts
22,052 battles
58 minutes ago, Drifter_X said:

Just so everyone knows; this is not a time to react hastily. The meta has not settled in and there may be changes in the captain skills to come. To be honest I think the supposed glory days of brawling are just community myths. Yolo play gets boring too if everyone is just pressing w and running into one another.

when is the proper time to react hastily?  a couple months from now?

[WOLF3]
Members
509 posts
11,733 battles
41 minutes ago, Pura__Vida said:

when is the proper time to react hastily?  a couple months from now?

When the proper time comes.

• Meh 1

Members
7,122 posts
22,052 battles
8 minutes ago, Drifter_X said:

When the proper time comes.

And when is that? tmsoon?

Members
7,122 posts
22,052 battles
7 minutes ago, Drifter_X said:

submarines?

Pure genius, complain about captains skills when submarines come out.  That will really show them we mean business.....

• Funny 1

[WOLFG]
Members
32,294 posts
10,021 battles
2 hours ago, Drifter_X said:

To be honest I think the supposed glory days of brawling are just community myths. 

I dunno about brawling, but I sure miss the ability of my MFCS BBs to make DDs sorry they got spotted within 7-8km.

• Cool 1

[BB35]
[BB35]
Members
536 posts
15,567 battles
2 hours ago, SoothingWhaleSongEU said:

As vexing as the Deadeye meta currently is, I found it was still perfectly doable in at least tier 8 ranked with my Massa'
Fewer enemy ships make such plays easier.

They changed Ranked (Bronze) which was T8, is now T8/T9. Now you'll be facing T9's in Ranked.

Sign in to follow this