You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
clammboy

A question

18 comments in this topic

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,263 posts
12,198 battles

When you play a BB like say the Musashi you take Main armament 1 kind of boring really does nothing for the ship. It's only good for turret protection which never seems to get knocked out and unless your BB has torps it seems useless . 

If I bought for coal and took special upgrade Damage control with 40% time to the consumables would this work ? it goes in the first slot or is this a stupid idea ?

Edited by clammboy

[PVE]
Members
20,163 posts
13,049 battles
13 minutes ago, clammboy said:

When you play a BB like say the Musashi you take Main armament 1 kind of boring really does nothing for the ship. It's only good for turret protection which never seems to get knocked out and unless your BB has torps it seems useless . 

If I bought for coal and took special upgrade Damage control with 40% time to the consumables would this work ? it goes in the first slot or is this a stupid idea ?

If you are not having trouble with turrets getting knocked out, the special damcon upgrade is useful.

Without it, you have 10 sec DCP active time. With it, you have 14 sec DCP time, so almost as much as KM, UK, FR, or ITL BBs.

I have it on DoY and I get almost US BB DCP time.

[TSG4]
[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator
3,366 posts
17,001 battles
35 minutes ago, clammboy said:

It's only good for turret protection which never seems to get knocked out

when I in mid to short range brawling with the bb, I will try to knock out his turret or destroy the turret first if he bow in or making decision of superstructure or switch target the 2 ........... if the bb only have 1 front turret, knock off his turret would be a better choice because that 50% fire power he cant use

cit/severe dam/deck area is  where about to take shot at in bb, but turret is next if no other options to pick on

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,263 posts
12,198 battles
1 minute ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

when I in mid to short range brawling with the bb, I will try to knock out his turret or destroy the turret first if he bow in or making decision of superstructure or switch target the 2 ........... if the bb only have 1 front turret, knock off his turret would be a better choice because that 50% fire power he cant use

cit/severe dam/deck area is  where about to take shot at in bb, but turret is next is no other options to pick on

But that's really only in close quarters and honestly so many people don't know to aim at your turret and try to knock it out . In your opinion can the special upgrade help you stay alive longer .

[TSG4]
[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator
3,366 posts
17,001 battles
1 minute ago, clammboy said:

In your opinion can the special upgrade help you stay alive longer

personally, if the upgrade can get me recovering heal like the Brit heal, then YES I will spend to get it ..... but I am managing the credit/flag/signal/camo so I don't really spend on the 40% like you do. I am more afraid about 1 of my main turret knock off and I will loose certain fire power % ... I rather use the normal special dam con/dam con2 and just go with it

for example Yamato, lost 1 turret mean that 33.33% fire power gone ... I don't ever want this to happen to me.

However, if the special dam will work well for YOUR PLAY STYLE, then use them. You need to test it in random yourself and look at the credit and other stuffs ......

regards,

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,263 posts
12,198 battles
7 minutes ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

personally, if the upgrade can get me recovering heal like the Brit heal, then YES I will spend to get it ..... but I am managing the credit/flag/signal/camo so I don't really spend on the 40% like you do. I am more afraid about 1 of my main turret knock off and I will loose certain fire power % ... I rather use the normal special dam con/dam con2 and just go with it

for example Yamato, lost 1 turret mean that 33.33% fire power gone ... I don't ever want this to happen to me.

However, if the special dam will work well for YOUR PLAY STYLE, then use them. You need to test it in random yourself and look at the credit and other stuffs ......

regards,

Thanks ok I just put it on the Musashi I will try a few games . My main problem in this game has always been staying alive maybe it will help me .

Edited by clammboy

[TSG4]
[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator
3,366 posts
17,001 battles

you had deadeye/sniping on Musashi or you a brawler?

[SIM]
Members
5,783 posts
9,263 battles
8 minutes ago, clammboy said:

Thanks ok I just put it on the Musashi I will try a few games . My main problem in this game has always been staying alive maybe it will help me .

If you're new to Musashi, remember to be very careful about showing your sides to enemy battleships. You have a space below your front two turrets that is an easy citadel ribbon generator for any BB that puts shells straight into it. When I doubt, always keep your bow angled towards anything with big guns, even if it means that you only get your front turrets on the target.

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,263 posts
12,198 battles

@ObiphanKenobi

I like brawling but I have dead eye on Musashi but I wont stay in the back I always move up at least to mid range . Been trying the hybrid builds on a lot of BBs have only a few more days to figure it all out .

My main problem in this game has always been patience . I die before I can really impact the game I'm not a terrible player but I'm not good either just doing my best tired of losing .

Edited by clammboy

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,263 posts
12,198 battles
5 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

If you're new to Musashi, remember to be very careful about showing your sides to enemy battleships. You have a space below your front two turrets that is an easy citadel ribbon generator for any BB that puts shells straight into it. When I doubt, always keep your bow angled towards anything with big guns, even if it means that you only get your front turrets on the target.

Thanks will do !

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,724 posts
4,771 battles
1 hour ago, clammboy said:

Not a particularly stupid idea.  By extending the action time of DCP, you extend the period of immunity from fire, flood, and module incapacitation.  However, be aware that 40% of 20 (USN), 10 (IJN), or 15 seconds (everyone else) isn't all that long.  Try it and see what you think.

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
2,494 posts

I always put the main armament module up. Any way you can keep your main battery in action is worth your survival or that of another.

If I really got predatory, I'll take the turrets off line. Turn that big mighty fire breathing dragon into a smoking burning impotent mess.

[TSG4]
[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator
3,366 posts
17,001 battles
8 minutes ago, clammboy said:

dead eye

here is the mis interpreting of dead eye: it OP, but player forget about the condition to activate the skills, the ship need to remain undetected before fire for the skills. If the penalty of the gun bloom is more then your CE then dead eye skills is Not really a skills to have, and a waste at 4 pts. Also, it take 20 sec for the detection to get wear off, and the main gun to reload, most bb will have more then 20 sec reload. During this time, the ship need to also go back to be undetected before dead eye activated again.

What if: CV player call in fighter or scout just outside the aa gun range and your bb will not be undetected

Or

dd is within detection of the bb, even at mid range, dead eye is useless

Let said the capt keep the bb at the back, how many shots can this capt fire during the game?

Let put this in scenario: a cruiser was fire by the bb, the dead eye was activated, he lost 1/2HP, the bb need more then 20 sec to reload, add another 5 sec for him to move to get out so he can remain undetected. Would the cruiser capt have enough time to move in  a way not to get shot by the dead eye bb again? if the cruiser capt cant do this in 25 sec, then it really the cruiser fault, dead eye skills is not that OP if you know it limit and counter it

Dead eye only really work on bb had LONG RANGE and ship need to stay at the back.

I think you should play different style more then 50 games each to really catch the feeling .... try the one that work out for you. Take the free reset capt skills now to test it for yourself

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,263 posts
12,198 battles
3 minutes ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

here is the mis interpreting of dead eye: it OP, but player forget about the condition to activate the skills, the ship need to remain undetected before fire for the skills. If the penalty of the gun bloom is more then your CE then dead eye skills is Not really a skills to have, and a waste at 4 pts. Also, it take 20 sec for the detection to get wear off, and the main gun to reload, most bb will have more then 20 sec reload. During this time, the ship need to also go back to be undetected before dead eye activated again.

What if: CV player call in fighter or scout just outside the aa gun range and your bb will not be undetected

Or

dd is within detection of the bb, even at mid range, dead eye is useless

Let said the capt keep the bb at the back, how many shots can this capt fire during the game?

Let put this in scenario: a cruiser was fire by the bb, the dead eye was activated, he lost 1/2HP, the bb need more then 20 sec to reload, add another 5 sec for him to move to get out so he can remain undetected. Would the cruiser capt have enough time to move in  a way not to get shot by the dead eye bb again? if the cruiser capt cant do this in 25 sec, then it really the cruiser fault, dead eye skills is not that OP if you know it limit and counter it

Dead eye only really work on bb had LONG RANGE and ship need to stay at the back.

I think you should play different style more then 50 games each to really catch the feeling .... try the one that work out for you. Take the free reset capt skills now to test it for yourself

OK I have been playing in the back with the dead eye skill I don't have good enough aim and I don't like it . I'm going to play the next 3 days without dead eye go for a survival build since I'm always dying and see how it goes .

Hey thanks so much for your help ObiphanKenobi just wanted some advice on which direction to go I really appreciate your help  .

[UAA]
Members
100 posts
6,854 battles

One of the recent patches (0.9.9) changed how the main battery turrets take damage. Penetration hits on a main battery no longer has its damage being on average 33% of the shell's damage, it is a fixed 10% of the shell's damage. The main battery turrets also had their health halved, but the overall increase in survivability against penetration hits was increased by 1.67. For a Musashi, it is as if the turret gained a stronger version of the main armament module at slot 1.

Note that this is mainly true for BBs and heavy cruisers, as overpens still deal 10% of the shell's damage to the turret, both before and after that patch. For DDs and certain light cruisers, their turrets die faster against BB shells due to the halved turret health.

A second note is that the chances of turret incapacitation increases based on the turret's current health in percentage values. The module's extra health acts a reduction on the chance of incapacitation, and so does the changes to turret damage on that patch.

The main armament module is of really questionable value, especially if you already have the Preventive Maintenance skill on your commander (doubly so if said commander is Yamamoto) to prevent incapacitations. Turret destruction is pretty much a non-factor nowadays, aside maybe a few BBs like the french ones, making the module useful only to avoid incapacitations.

I generally use the secondary armament module on BBs to preserve my AA, with some decent benefit of keeping secondaries alive in case someone does get close. Improved DCP may be of use, I haven't tried it to say.

See 

for the original experiment.

Edited by Lege_ranger

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,263 posts
12,198 battles
20 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Not a particularly stupid idea.  By extending the action time of DCP, you extend the period of immunity from fire, flood, and module incapacitation.  However, be aware that 40% of 20 (USN), 10 (IJN), or 15 seconds (everyone else) isn't all that long.  Try it and see what you think.

Thanks that's what I wanted to know how effective is it really . Just trying to work out some things I'm always dying trying to figure out how to stay alive and still have fun .

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,263 posts
12,198 battles
19 minutes ago, Lege_ranger said:

One of the recent patches (I forgot which one) changed how the main battery turrets take damage. Penetration hits on a main battery no longer has its damage being on average 33% of the shell's damage, it is a fixed 10% of the shell's damage. The main battery turrets also had their health halved, but the overall increase in survivability against penetration hits was increased by 1.67. For a Musashi, it is as if the turret gained a stronger version of the main armament module at slot 1.

Note that this is mainly true for BBs and heavy cruisers, as overpens still deal 10% of the shell's damage to the turret, both before and after that patch. For DDs and certain light cruisers, their turrets die faster against BB shells due to the halved turret health.

A second note is that, the chances of turret incapacitation increases based on the turret's current health in percentage values. The module's extra health acts a reduction on the chance of incapacitation, and so does the changes to turret damage on that patch.

The main armament module is of really questionable value, especially if you already have the Preventive Maintenance skill on your commander (doubly so if said commander is Yamamoto) to prevent incapacitations. Turret destruction is pretty much a non-factor nowadays, aside maybe a few BBs like the french ones, making the module useful only to avoid incapacitations.

I generally use the secondary armament module on BBs to preserve my AA, with some decent benefit of keeping secondaries alive in case someone does get close. Improved DCP may be of use, I haven't tried it to say.

Hey thanks that sheds some light on things . I put the special upgrade Damage control on the Musashi . I will let you know how it worked out for me after 20 battles or so thanks for the helpful information . 

Just wanted to add I have Yamamoto so I will make sure that I use his extra PM to make up for the loss of Main Armament 1 module protection .

Edited by clammboy

[-RNG-]
Supertester
3,192 posts
5,714 battles

There is 2 sides to this. 

One side is I have over 30 seconds of fire immunity on US BBs. Fantastic for helping tank and a blast on Monty. 

Other side is it took one battle for me to learn my lesson. I vividly remember I was a Bourgogne or something in ranked running the DCP mod as a meme instead some actually important skill. I wound up CHASING a GK for a somewhat extended period of time, and during that both my front turrets were knocked out. Lost me that fight and probably the game. 

I think Russian and US BBs can take it if you have too much coal to play with, but other than that I skip. US obviously because of their already long duration and Russia because the name of the game is maximizing up time and minimizing down time of that DCP