You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Soshi_Sone

Brawling ain't what it used to be....

17 comments in this topic

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,262 posts
12,187 battles

Ha Ha I get a kick out of your posts keep up the good fight . +1

• Cool 1

[JMMAF]
Members
684 posts
9,032 battles

156 secondary hits is not impressive.  Brawling is broken. Secondaries accuracy is horrid.  Data does not support it.  Brawling BB's overall damage has tanked since the commander patch.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[PVE]
Members
10,910 posts
18,866 battles
38 minutes ago, megahugenoob said:

156 secondary hits is not impressive. 

Not saying that brawling is broken or fixed, but you still have to add a 10% discount on main battery reload into the equation.

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
6,333 posts
19,327 battles
12 hours ago, WarStore said:

:cap_wander:

What exactly am I seeing here? Some context, please

None of the Red BBs wished to brawl even though they had brawlers in play.  Instead, they played a perimeter game, ostensibly to maintain their Deadeye advantage.  I stuck my nose in the inner ring (Epicenter) snuggled up to a some flank protection, and spent most of the game in a tank position in that forward brawler position.

The context is my brawling strategy worked BETTER because there was no red willing to challenge my forward position by matching or overwhelming my position.  Without Deadeye they would have been more inclined to do so.  With it...they ceded cap position to green...and were willing to rely on Deadeye attrition...which didn't pan out.

Edited by Soshi_Sone
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 2

Banned
1,424 posts
6,083 battles

So, there wasn't any actual brawling. Just a deadeye contest in which you took a more forward position while the enemy retreated?

• Cool 3

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
6,333 posts
19,327 battles
1 minute ago, WarStore said:

So, there wasn't any actual brawling. Just a deadeye contest in which you took a more forward position while the enemy retreated?

Brawling isn't about FORCING brawling action...chasing the enemy to make it happen.  Brawling is about going in ready and willing to go mano mano close in to defeat the enemy brawler and establish a strong position.  If the enemy doesn't want to brawl....the "brawling' strategy is to establish that strong position uncontested.  One of the big failings of some brawlers is to keep pushing just to force the brawl...and that is a losing strategy.  If the enemy cedes the cap early, that's an early win...don't throw it away just to brawl.  Playing it YOUR way...not the enemy's way.  Establish the high ground....win the attrition/points battle...wait for the right moment.  Then when the moment is right, push in to force the win...brawl style if necessary. 

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 2

[--V--]
Members
1,473 posts
13,890 battles
1 hour ago, Soshi_Sone said:

Brawling isn't about FORCING brawling action...chasing the enemy to make it happen.  Brawling is about going in ready and willing to go mano mano close in to defeat the enemy brawler and establish a strong position.  If the enemy doesn't want to brawl....the "brawling' strategy is to establish that strong position uncontested.  One of the big failings of some brawlers is to keep pushing just to force the brawl...and that is a losing strategy.  If the enemy cedes the cap early, that's an early win...don't throw it away just to brawl.  Playing it YOUR way...not the enemy's way.  Establish the high ground....win the attrition/points battle...wait for the right moment.  Then when the moment is right, push in to force the win...brawl style if necessary. 

So no actual brawling, just positioning.  Got it.  No actual 'good' brawling ability or performance, just positioning.  

Post title is incorrect.  This isn't about brawling or the ability to brawl.  Its about positioning.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[GOB]
Members
2,709 posts
1 hour ago, Soshi_Sone said:

I posted a game like yours yesterday 4 kills and all in my Mass.

What REALLY freaked me out was a that I had a German BB with torps RUNNING from me instead of brawling.

He had much more HP than I did as well. ( Killed him too ) 

Go figure..

Edited by Col_Nasty

Banned
1,424 posts
6,083 battles
2 hours ago, Soshi_Sone said:

In other words, a sniping contest, but from a favorable position. Gotcha.

• Cool 2

[CAAT]
Members
1,011 posts
4,596 battles

15 hours ago, Soshi_Sone said:

...with Deadeye...it's BETTER!!!!

You just looooove trolling the brawlers, don't ya?

Image result for sailor moon bored gif

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,709 posts
21,754 battles
2 hours ago, Soshi_Sone said:

Establish the high ground

Until you pull Ocean. :Smile_hiding:

[-REK-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
762 posts
16 hours ago, Soshi_Sone said:

...with Deadeye...it's BETTER!!!!

shot-21_02.11_19_54.51-0175.thumb.jpg.10b1fba7347f833601c4adbcbe5c474d.jpg

Shouldn't that pic be put on someone's refrigerator?

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
6,333 posts
19,327 battles
On 2/12/2021 at 11:57 AM, Edgecase said:

Until you pull Ocean. :Smile_hiding:

Did someone say Ocean?

• Cool 1

[F4E]
Members
338 posts