You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
DanSilverwing

WOWs "Coming Soon" to Epic Games Store

6 comments in this topic

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,763 posts
1 hour ago, DanSilverwing said:

This is a fairly recent announcement on EGS today.

Video announcement by EGS:

Details:

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/world-of-warships/home

Anything from Wargaming?

What do you want the person from WG who would respond, to say?

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,884 posts
14,882 battles

Just guessing but I think that Epic are the ones trying to get more eyes on themselves. Also at a guess the game will still use the WGC even if it can be launched from the Epic system.

• Cool 1

[KWF]
Members
5,792 posts
7,007 battles
51 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Just guessing but I think that Epic are the ones trying to get more eyes on themselves. Also at a guess the game will still use the WGC even if it can be launched from the Epic system.

I'd say it works both ways in that case. Epic gets a more mature, war themed F2P title that it lacks, considering only Heroes and Generals is playable on the EGS. WG gets the opportunity to expand on another platform.

In general WG has made a couple of reasonably good moves in that regard, which personally should have been done a while back; World of Tanks has gotten a Steam page and a 2021 release on the platform, now this with Epic and WoWs.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,884 posts
14,882 battles
4 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

I'd say it works both ways in that case. Epic gets a more mature, war themed F2P title that it lacks, considering only Heroes and Generals is playable on the EGS. WG gets the opportunity to expand on another platform.

In general WG has made a couple of reasonably good moves in that regard, which personally should have been done a while back; World of Tanks has gotten a Steam page and a 2021 release on the platform, now this with Epic and WoWs.

The one mistake that I think they made is that they are not using their own launcher which other games on Steam such as the other Russian company does.

[KWF]
Members
5,792 posts
7,007 battles
10 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

The one mistake that I think they made is that they are not using their own launcher which other games on Steam such as the other Russian company does.

Personally I used to run the Steam version of WoWs with my WG account through a workaround which sadly doesn't work anymore. It would indeed be a decent move to have WGC integrated there as well, though I believe WG wanted to attract strictly new players, differentiating them from old ones, and giving them large discounts to attract purchases. If it were with veteran players I'm certain we would abuse it since WoWs went on Steam before the change on duplicate ships giving full doubloon value regardless of price.

As an example, for Lunar Year sale on Steam WoWs offers a pack of Texas, Anshan and Graf Spee for $13.20 which is a huge discount. Regardless of ship performance, compared to our pricing the difference is very large.

https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/9276/World_of_Warships__3_Ships_Pack/

Edited by warheart1992
  • Cool 1