You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
GSXstage1

Giulio Cesare Nerf?

46 comments in this topic

[TIGRB]
Members
939 posts
17,295 battles

I know awhile ago WOW talked about Nerfing The Cesare and the outcry was loud enough that they left her alone.

Or Did they?

Is it possible they waited awhile and nerfed her but didn't change the specs you read? I have played this ship hundreds of times. It was my first premium ship ever. Now it seems the ship can't hit crap at long range and when it does hot the damage is not as much as it SEEMED before. I very well could be wrong. It also seems she takes more damage faster than usual. This has been going on for a minute now. Just got out of a game and enemy had 2 Omaha's near me.

Usually thanks makes me salivate and my heart rate increase at the thought. I hit them over and over with AP many times. Bow on, Broadside, Stern etc and the damage was negligible. So, after the last 10 or 15 games in her it seems the ships guns are not performing as usual. Have any of you who have her noticed a difference? It very well could be my playing. I am not one to advocate conspiracies etc but wanted to see what the community has seen for themselves. Any input from Cesare owners would be appreciated. 

• Cool 1

[EQRN]
Members
2,209 posts
19,829 battles

I played her recently in a few co ops, utterly unremarkable ship, I don’t know what the furor was all about.

• Cool 1

[TIGRB]
Members
939 posts
17,295 battles
1 minute ago, FrodoFraggin said:

I played her recently in a few co ops, utterly unremarkable ship, I don’t know what the furor was all about.

The first time I played her I scored a Kraken. She has always been my go to ship and I even have had Great games in her when up tiered to a tier 7 game. I have 1 shotted so many cruisers in this bb but now it's different.

[SIM]
Members
5,802 posts
9,266 battles

There are tools out there that can be used to view ship parameters outside of the game’s UI. I’m not personally familiar with their use, but I’m sure that someone who was can check them out. However, I’m almost certain that the ship wasn’t stealth nerfed. 

• Cool 2

[TIGRB]
Members
939 posts
17,295 battles
Just now, SkaerKrow said:

There are tools out there that can be used to view ship parameters outside of the game’s UI. I’m not personally familiar with their use, but I’m sure that someone who was can check them out. However, I’m almost certain that the ship wasn’t stealth nerfed. 

Ok..Thank you

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,934 posts
14,885 battles
8 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

More likely the impact of power creep but from what I can see she is still performing pretty much as always.

[CGP]
Members
20 posts
14,237 battles

I have been playing her to get some captains for the Italian BB’s ready.  Had a 6 kill game in her last night.  WG was trying to move her to T6, but the community would not have it.  She is a great cruiser killer!  I am not aware of any specific nerf except the captain skills maybe!

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[TRU]
Members
730 posts
21,432 battles

RNG is a helluva thing.   I just played a round and had the same thing happen agaisnt an Omaha.  6 hits, 6 overpens.   Then a Konigsberg was bow on hiding behind an island and I deleted him (even tho he was a bit further out).  

Still a great ship imho, but has meh AA and secondaries to start and makeup for its hitting power.   

• Cool 1

[KWF]
Members
5,809 posts
7,013 battles
52 minutes ago, FrodoFraggin said:

Stealthy at 11.9km, 1.9 sigma and good dispersion, artificially high HE damage if I remember correctly, excellent turret layout for tier, second speed wise after Kongo.

Used to be stronger for sure, but Giulio along with Kamikaze clones is probably  one of the ships that can practically handle any matchmaking it ends up facing.

Edited by warheart1992

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,271 posts
12,232 battles

I actually have never had much success in her a good ship for sure but squishy . Never seemed as overpowered to me as people say but I'm average at best .

[RBMK2]
[RBMK2]
Members
618 posts
12,522 battles

GC seems to be performing the same for me. Have had a bad run on MM in her lately, but I can't stop yolo dds and broadside CAs on my team.

If I remember correctly, the outrage centered more on the fact that GC was a central part of the Christmas crate advertising and come February they wanted to nerf it. Than on nerfing OP premium ships in general. 

[TSG4]
[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator
3,377 posts
17,039 battles
56 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

but Giulio along with Kamikaze clones is probably  one of the ships that can practically handle any matchmaking it ends up facing.

Gremyashy ................ Gremyashy ........................ Gremyashy :Smile_izmena:

don't forget about this little boy

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
29,888 posts
25,782 battles

Some Tier V Battleship numbers, NA Server week of 02-06-2021.

Premium BBs

Caesar 59% WR - 60.1k Dmg Avg

Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiy 52.1% - 43.1k

Texas 50.5% - 37.6k

Oklahoma 53.2% - 40.4k

Tech Tree BBs (They have captain retraining, modules to research and buy to worry about)

Kongo 47.9% WR - 31.9k Dmg Avg

Koenig 48.5% - 32.7k

Bretagne 49.3% - 36.3k

Iron Duke 48.9% - 38.3k

Pyotr Velikiy 48.4% - 36.4k

New York 48.5% - 29.7k just LOL!

In other words, Caesar is fine.

Caesar is doing Caesar things in Tier V still.

caesar.jpg

Caesar is still dominating Tier V Battleships.  She is so dominant that not even Musashi nor Belfast take over their respective tiers the way Caesar dominates hers.  Musashi doesn't do nearly twice the damage of her peers.  Caesar does.  She had been doing stupid things like this even before the Skill Rebork.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 2

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,934 posts
14,885 battles
1 hour ago, mpwardawg said:

RNG is a helluva thing.   I just played a round and had the same thing happen agaisnt an Omaha.  6 hits, 6 overpens.   Then a Konigsberg was bow on hiding behind an island and I deleted him (even tho he was a bit further out).  

Still a great ship imho, but has meh AA and secondaries to start and makeup for its hitting power.   

The AA isn't terrible by tier 5 standards but not up to Texas or even the New York in plane killing power. One advantage she has against planes is that she is very nimble for a BB and can throw off many attacks.

4 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Premium BBs

Texas 50.5% - 37.6k

Oklahoma 53.2% - 40.4k

Tech Tree BBs (They have captain retraining, modules to research and buy to worry about)

Koenig 48.5% - 32.7k

Bretagne 49.3% - 36.3k

Iron Duke 48.9% - 38.3k

caesar.jpg

Caesar is still dominating Tier V Battleships.  She is so dominant that not even Musashi nor Belfast take over their respective tiers the way Caesar dominates hers.  Musashi doesn't do nearly twice the damage of her peers.  Caesar does.  She had been doing stupid things like this even before the Skill Rebork.

The tech tree ships are still getting the regular passage of new players through them so it is not unexpected that even the Oklahoma beats them.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
29,888 posts
25,782 battles
10 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

The tech tree ships are still getting the regular passage of new players through them so it is not unexpected that even the Oklahoma beats them.

Which is why I started separating Premium to Tech Tree Ship comparisons long ago.  I used to lump them all in the same pile of stats but I veered away from that.  A great example is NY & TX.  Texas isn't that much different from NY, just with better AA.  NY's numbers stink real bad while TX has better stats.  If one wants to get a more fair comparison, compare Caesar's stats to her Premium BB peers in Tier V.  And she's still crazy as hell.

What I have found interesting is how Caesar dominates as a Tier V BB.  Her protection isn't that good.  Her AA is very unimpressive.  But she's fast (unlike NY, OK, and others), stealthy (Kongo can be seen in the next match), and her guns are scarily consistent.  What I found most impressive with Caesar are her combination of characteristics even made her strong when bottom tiered.  I basically played her like an oversized Cruiser.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,934 posts
14,885 battles
1 minute ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

What I found most impressive with Caesar are her combination of characteristics even made her strong even in a Tier VII game.

This is why I think she would have done fine as a tier 6 and would probably still dominate among the tier 6 premium BB's.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,922 posts
25 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Premium BBs

Texas 50.5% - 37.6k

Oklahoma 53.2% - 40.4k

Koenig 48.5% - 32.7k

Bretagne 49.3% - 36.3k

Iron Duke 48.9% - 38.3k

the one thing not factored here is who is sailing Ceasar....  it won't be the players levelling low tier tech tree ships

I don't do all that well in it, but I can recall being schooled by exp players sailing them.

• Cool 1

[SALTY]
Beta Testers
684 posts
8,030 battles

I don't have her, so can't comment on her performance, but since the introduction of Pyotr, GCs are just food, like every other tier 5 BB.

Pyotr is a cheat code that you can play without fear of retribution.

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
4,207 posts
12,777 battles
1 hour ago, mpwardawg said:

If your not landing shells directly under the Omaha's stacks there going to be automatic over pens. Theres i

There no citadel of any kind outside those stacks. That means well behind the superstructure.

Meanwhile Konigsberg has a very long but substantially lower and exponentially narrower citadel than any cruiser i know in the game.

You must have hit under the Omaha's superstructure instead of his stacks and been confused.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
29,888 posts
25,782 battles
25 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

This is why I think she would have done fine as a tier 6 and would probably still dominate among the tier 6 premium BB's.

The players didn't want that.  They wanted a clearly broken ship to stay where she was, the way she was.  I want to stress that WG has never mentioned anything remotely like this with a Live released Premium Ship the way they considered Caesar.  Caesar was, and still is wholly unhealthy for Tier V.  Would be funny to slap Dead Eye on for the hell of it, I wager, considering she has an 11.9km Stealth Build surface detection range.

It got even worse if one dives into the hole of Tier V Ranked Stats.

• Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[NMKJT]
Members
3,061 posts
8,293 battles
13 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

The players didn't want that.  They wanted a clearly broken ship to stay where she was, the way she was.  I want to stress that WG has never mentioned anything remotely like this with a Live released Premium Ship the way they considered Caesar.  Caesar was, and still is wholly unhealthy for Tier V.  Would be funny to slap Dead Eye on for the hell of it, I wager, considering she has an 11.9km Stealth Build surface detection range.

I did. She's dirty AF when you use the deadeye range band. If someone pushes you to try and turn deadeye off the joke's on them, cause you're still in GC and they're still in some less good ship that hopes it can beat you (it won't).

Edited by MnemonScarlet
  • Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,934 posts
14,885 battles
2 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

I can understand their not wanting that as a precedent that could lead less justified nerfing or tier changing. Anything they do is wrong and WG's record is that they leave whatever is over performing where it is and limit access to it.

Members
545 posts
20 battles

GC is still a strong contender for most OP ship in the game.  She has everything you could possibly want in a tier 6 BB - maneuverability, speed, gun handling, accuracy, armour, concealment, she has it all.

I take her out when I'm having a frustrating night, and she never fails to dominate.  I average more damage in GC than all of my tier 5 and 6 BB's, all but one of my tier 7 BB's, all of my tier 8 BB's, and all but two of my tier 9 BB's.  She's utterly stupid in her power level.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
29,888 posts
25,782 battles
10 minutes ago, MnemonScarlet said:

I did. She's dirty AF when you use the deadeye range band. If someone pushes you to try and turn deadeye off the joke's on them, cause you're still in GC and they're still in some less good ship that hopes it can beat you (it won't).

One of the funniest moments I remember from the old days is my Stealth Build Caesar sneaking around in open water with a Tier VII Atlanta at about 12-13km and spamming shells at someone, having no idea I was about to end his world.  My guns were ready and loaded, I was already aimed in.  I just sailed along just smiling, relishing it a bit until pulling the trigger.  BBs tend to have pretty bad concealment in mid tiers, Caesar is just one of those rare few sneaky ones and it caught people by surprise sometimes.

And that was before the spectacle of Dead Eye.

On an amusing point for Concealment, Stealth Build CA Myoko has 11.4km surface detection.  Caesar isn't that much worse than that.