You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Lose_dudes

Brawling still possible

18 comments in this topic

[XXII]
Banned
862 posts
967 battles

deadeye is a very exaggerated threat to gameplay.

2021-02-11.png

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[XXII]
Banned
862 posts
967 battles
1 minute ago, DrHolmes52 said:

8 secondary hits?

Yeah...

Looks like my secondary gunners finished the vodka

• Haha 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,728 posts
21,814 battles

65k and died in the process, not sure this really proves much about brawling.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[4HIM]
Beta Testers
2,255 posts
16,111 battles

A 1000 more battles may boost credibility in the forums....

• Meh 1

Members
1,181 posts
1,685 battles
16 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

65k and died in the process, not sure this really proves much about brawling.

What I was thinking.

27 minutes ago, Lose_dudes said:

deadeye is a very exaggerated threat to gameplay.

deadeye is neither advantageous nor a possibility in this brawl.

2099811368_2021-02-11(2).thumb.png.acd5963ba59d373a421b72baaa8e8e82.png

[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
1,117 posts
4,173 battles
4 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Yup, solid evidence that BBs can still brawl.

No Zoup put out a video yesterday where he goes and parks his GK in the middle of the island ring on Sleeping Giant so that he's basically protected on all sides and says, "See?  Brawling isn't dead!"  Along with something like, "sure, you can't just charge in willy-nilly anymore..."  It's like they are all scrambling to prove a point, even if one bad example is all they have for evidence... :Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 1

[SIM]
Members
5,787 posts
9,263 battles

Dead Eye certainly isn’t the only competitive build, but Izmail is not a good brawler in general and that single battle result doesn’t prove anything one way or the other. 

• Cool 1

[XXII]
Banned
862 posts
967 battles
8 minutes ago, Bonfor said:

No Zoup put out a video yesterday where he goes and parks his GK in the middle of the island ring on Sleeping Giant so that he's basically protected on all sides and says, "See?  Brawling isn't dead!"  Along with something like, "sure, you can't just charge in willy-nilly anymore..."  It's like they are all scrambling to prove a point, even if one bad example is all they have for evidence... :Smile_facepalm:

You never could just charge in and eat torps. That's hard.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,884 posts
14,882 battles
4 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

Dead Eye certainly isn’t the only competitive build, but Izmail is not a good brawler in general and that single battle result doesn’t prove anything one way or the other. 

The Izmail is more of a mid range ship but even before Deadeye to many people that was brawling. Personally I think Deadeye like all fads will have its run and become yesterdays fad. It requires a play style that is boring as hell and playing a game should never be boring except maybe when you are making your living off of it.

[PVE]
Members
10,922 posts
18,896 battles
2 minutes ago, Bonfor said:

I am dreading the thought of a 1000 secondary hits mission popping up some time soon. That's 8 only 992 to go. All sarcasm aside, I do have all of my BBs  and commanders spec'ed for secondary. Although the secondary hits and damage seem low, you do have to add the fact that main battery loads 10% faster and is a factor of the build, that doesn't get counted as secondary damage. I haven't tried them in Randoms but I suspect that There isn't much chance of them fending off a charging DD.

image.thumb.png.b92a1e26be51bc86838d7c633fb0c2b8.png

image.thumb.png.7d1511d5eea79d9e3f73ebbbe216bc25.png

[HINON]
Members
8,689 posts
12,682 battles

yeah, sure looks like its fun with those 8 secondary hits, plus Izmail, or any of the Russian BBs for that matter, arent really brawlers in terms of secondary brawling, theyre more brawlers in terms of they can tank for pushing in

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,265 posts
12,217 battles

Regardless of his ship or secondary hits his premise is food for thought . Dead eye does seem to be a somewhat exaggerated threat to game play and perhaps more in peoples head then in reality . 

Have won a few games in the Musashi as of late moving up carefully and when I have other team mates do the same we have been able to take all the caps and win quite a few games . 

In my opinion there's not enough really great sniper players out there that can delete you from 23k out . I just don't think people have to live in such fear all the time that they just cant move up and play . CA and DD have such good mobility it seems to me that it must be pretty hard to get deleted by a BB from 23k sitting all the way in the back even with dead eye .

I play a lot of BBs so I don't want to sound like I know what's it's like to be a DD or a light CA but I gave up trying to hit them from the back it's pretty damn hard .

Edited by clammboy

Members
1,181 posts
1,685 battles
1 hour ago, tcbaker777 said:

theyre more brawlers in terms of they can tank for pushing in

Not Suvarov & Nikolai

Suvarov has the same weak spot as Yamato, while Nikolai's prem camo shows you exactly where to aim to citadel.

Edited by black_hull4

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
6,342 posts
19,356 battles

Here's an example.  I was all balls brawling this game (yes, that's 221 secondary hits) in my GK.  And eight spotter plane kills (LoL).  Once I died, I took this snapshot of our four other BBs.

shot-21_02.10_23_09.25-0397.thumb.jpg.d3d5f3f757a9f942fbc28b38100a0979.jpg

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,265 posts
12,217 battles
22 minutes ago, Soshi_Sone said:

Here's an example.  I was all balls brawling this game (yes, that's 221 secondary hits) in my GK.  And eight spotter plane kills (LoL).  Once I died, I took this snapshot of our four other BBs.

shot-21_02.10_23_09.25-0397.thumb.jpg.d3d5f3f757a9f942fbc28b38100a0979.jpg

Right and if just 2 of them had moved up and helped you probable wouldn't have died . And even if the enemy has one or two really good snippers they cant take you all out if you play together . Moving up deactivates dead eye any way right ? So why sit in the back and play to the dead eye skill .

People are so scared of dead eye the perception seems to be if you move up you will be deleted  . I'm not very good at all I find it hard to hit moving DDs and CAs at range I'm just not playing like that anymore it's so boring . There is always middle ground you don't have to go charging in but you don't have to sit in a cluster F**k in the back . 

[GOB]
Members
2,709 posts

I had a great brawling round in my MASS today.. I think I got 4 kills and I did notice that the Seconds were NOT hitting as often as usual. Lots of noise and pretty lights but not nearly as many hits as used to be.

That said,  Yeah it was a good game. I'll see if I can find it.

UPDATE

Here it is.. Seconds firing for 80% of the battle...look at this dismal connect ratio.

weak seconds.png

Edited by Col_Nasty