You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CaptainKaitoGhost

Leone looks AWFUL. What is this ships role supposed to be?

57 comments in this topic

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
2,820 posts
2,663 battles

Screenshot_20210211-134233_Discord.thumb.jpg.95cacad8ec9285aebb8704859fcfb599.jpg

Guns are useless for knife fighting.  6.5 concealment is awful for a torpedo boat.  34 knot top speed is slow.  What is this ship supposed to be?  Why would I want to play this ship over any other tier 6 DD?

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[HINON]
Members
8,696 posts
12,697 battles

its meant to be a water bound orbital strike system, as its shells seem to float in the air even longer than the US DD's 5" shells

• Funny 1

[BOATC]
Members
102 posts
5,408 battles

51kt torpedoes seem pretty suspect as well. At least they reload quick and have decent range

Edited by Maksimus54

Members
12,597 posts
14,320 battles
5 minutes ago, CaptainKaitoGhost said:

Screenshot_20210211-134233_Discord.thumb.jpg.95cacad8ec9285aebb8704859fcfb599.jpg

Guns are useless for knife fighting.  6.5 concealment is awful for a torpedo boat.  34 knot top speed is slow.  What is this ship supposed to be?  Why would I want to play this ship over any other tier 6 DD?

Maybe CV target practice?

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
2,820 posts
2,663 battles
Just now, Maksimus54 said:

51kt torpedoes seem pretty suspect as well. At least they reload quick and have decent range

Looks to be the same torps as the mid tier cruisers.

[SALVO]
Members
7,077 posts
5,542 battles
9 minutes ago, CaptainKaitoGhost said:

Spamming the Italian long range meme torps/sea mines could be potentially very interesting, but 2x2 launchers really? That's worse than the cruisers, make it 2x3 and there's some hope for her.

Also, no SAP? What's the point then?

[WOLFG]
Members
11,816 posts
10,979 battles
1 minute ago, ArIskandir said:

Spamming the Italian long range meme torps/sea mines could be potentially very interesting, but 2x2 launchers really? That's worse than the cruisers, make it 2x3 and there's some hope for her.

Also, no SAP? What's the point then?

Maybe give it 5M dispersion with a 3.0 sigma?

• Funny 2

[KWF]
Members
5,818 posts
7,019 battles

Leone looks AWFUL. What is this ships role supposed to be?

To show what two years of powercreep and development hell look like

[WOLFC]
Members
258 posts
10,428 battles

With those stats it looks like its going to be a free ship they will give away after some long drawn out grind. 

Edited by JBR40
  • Cool 1

[USN]
Members
1,517 posts
20,459 battles
7 minutes ago, Maksimus54 said:

with only 4 per volley and only doing 13k a pop, meaning an alpha strike of 52k. Adding in torpedo belts, you cannot kill any full health BB within your tier range in one strike.

The only purpose of this ship is to be a reward for 10.2's directives, and then you'll never play it until the next snowflake event

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
29,893 posts
25,782 battles

I think people forget just how bad Mid Tier DDs are in general.  She's a Tier VI.  Compare Leone to Farragut and things start looking alright.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[WOLFG]
Members
11,816 posts
10,979 battles
5 minutes ago, JBR40 said:

With those stats it looks like its going to be a free ship they will give away after some long drawn out grind. 

And we have a winner.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
23,432 posts
17,387 battles
10 minutes ago, JBR40 said:

I wouldn't put it past them to make her for coal. IIRC that would give every nation at least one premium ship, however good or bad, which could be obtained for free.

Members
2,070 posts
12,694 battles
8 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

I think people forget just how bad Mid Tier DDs are in general.  She's a Tier VI.  Compare Leone to Farragut and things start looking alright.

Farragut has abnormally high concealment, most t6 DD are around 6.1-6.3.

[SIM]
Members
5,806 posts
9,268 battles
18 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Leone has never looked good. Not two years ago, not now. Development hell absolutely, but not power creep. 

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
2,820 posts
2,663 battles
13 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Farragut at least has the firepower to outgun most DDs in her tier.

[A-I-M]
Members
3,877 posts
14,907 battles
17 minutes ago, JBR40 said:

Special bonus: grind an extra 20%, and WG will keep the ship.

Don’t complete the grind? You get two!

• Haha 1

[HINON]
Members
8,696 posts
12,697 battles
22 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Compare Leone to Farragut and things start looking alright.

the only thing those 2 really share is that theyre both DDs

Edited by tcbaker777

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
29,893 posts
25,782 battles
8 minutes ago, CaptainKaitoGhost said:

Farragut at least has the firepower to outgun most DDs in her tier.

Farragut also has terrible concealment making Leone look like a Pasta Ninja.  Farragut also has absolutely trash torpedo range.  5.49km fish stock, 6.39km upgraded.

[SALVO]
Members
26,141 posts
29,198 battles
22 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Meh.  It looked like crap a couple years back when the CCs released vids on the Leone.  And the CCs seemed to hate her too.

It's beyond me why WG didn't do anything to  fix the Leone to make her bearable.  Like improving her torp speed.  And her gun reload.  And perhaps flatten her floaty shells (if they haven't already).

14 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I wouldn't put it past them to make her for coal. IIRC that would give every nation at least one premium ship, however good or bad, which could be obtained for free.

Cthulhu, unless they've improved the Leone's hidden stats, I don't see why anyone would willingly spend any resource to get her.  There doesn't seem to be anything about her that makes one want to get her other than perhaps as a collectable.

[ARGSY]
Members
23,432 posts
17,387 battles
Just now, Crucis said:

Cthulhu, unless they've improved the Leone's hidden stats, I don't see why anyone would willingly spend any resource to get her. 

The last time I saw a tester driving one in battle on the live server, it came top of the team in a T8 battle. So I'm prepared to give it the benefit of the doubt until it's actually released.

• Boring 1

[SALVO]
Members
26,141 posts
29,198 battles
4 minutes ago, sapient007 said:

She is supposed to be a reward ship. 

That said all you need to know. 

There are other reward ships that are considerably better and more playable.  The Aigle,  Cossack, and Benham come to mind.  Even some weaker reward ships are considerably more playable looking than the Leone.

[SALVO]
Members
26,141 posts
29,198 battles
Just now, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

The last time I saw a tester driving one in battle on the live server, it came top of the team in a T8 battle. So I'm prepared to give it the benefit of the doubt until it's actually released.

The thing is, Cthulhu, is that some of  these testers are players who are so good that they can make a crappy ship look like it's made of golden teflon.

• Cool 2